May 19, 2024, 08:34:22 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 123392 times)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »
I think we should try the following.
Make every single base/tent visible on the map so that we can attack anyones tent/base at any time and allow bases to be captured permanently.

I can't believe you are serious, but I can seriously guarantee that such thing won't happen.

Good!

Seriously, tent and a base is a SAFE house and it should be like this.

But the idea of having super bases/areas to control and visable on map for factions is very good!

I have feeling that 90% problems in games with any player activity is based on multiaccounts... 1 player can posses 0987634567 characters and multi log, which is bad. I am thinking on a solutions, and when I will find one, I will share it with Killgore.

Freelancer

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2014, 05:49:29 pm »
I understand your points, I just don't think it'd work. Not everyone wants a game where you can and will be killed all the time. It kind of works for DayZ because it's reaction based real time combat, you can take cover when fired at, get out of the way, or, hell, hide in a bush. In a game like this where all you can do is get around a corner or tank the damage and use health items, it'll all come down to who has the best gun and who is the highest level. you may say it'd all be fair after the wipe but a lot of players have other things that need doing in the real world and can't spend a whole day non stop leveling to make sure they can't be out done in combat.
I understand if you want more PVP, but making no-where safe is essentially griefing. As I said before, pre-built areas or bases that you can fight for control over added would give some extra PVP without everyone getting a visit from anti-santa while they sleep and losing all their gear.
Or areas of the map that you can't fast travel through. Say, a heavily built up area with lots of dead ends to give the feel of city ruins, instead of fast travelling through them, you need to get from green zone to green zone, along with anyone else who travels through that area, then you can decide to let fly with the ordnance or team up and get through it alive. Once you reach the final exit grid you come out the other side.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »
Fallout was about survival in enviroment dominated by hostile creatures and humans. MakingFallout online game with human players mandatory turns out at least portion of this game PVP oriented. Mixing hunting and living with compete against other player is natural thing and I am ok with that. Thing is to ensure each player that any gain can be kept - thus we have hiden tents and safehouses and bases 9which - in some cases, can be reavealed).

Adding locations of said type, like PC bases or PC mines would only enchance featuers of this game. But they must be perfectly designed.

Freelancer

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2014, 10:15:05 pm »
Seriously, tent and a base is a SAFE house and it should be like this.
This is the wasteland, there shouldnt be safe places at all. Anyways, that suggestion isnt good, bases spamming stuff...

Strike

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2014, 10:19:26 pm »
Let's leave tents and bases as they are now, survivors need some place to rest :>

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2014, 12:31:21 am »
No one wants a game where you can't feel safe and are on edge all the time. Tents and bases are staying safe anyway so.. bugger it.  :P

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2014, 09:59:34 am »
..., it'll all come down to who has the best gun and who is the highest level...

You must be a newbie to the game. PvP skill is also very important. If players are skilled enough they can win being outnumbered or even with weak builds. Also the crit chance plays an important role.
I can kill a guy with my regular gatling where as he has a unique avenger. But I also can be killed by a sneaker in leather jacket and a P90. Everything is relative.

Old players don't require a lot of time for cap lvling a char.

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »
I think we should try the following.
Make every single base/tent visible on the map so that we can attack anyones tent/base at any time and allow bases to be captured permanently.

I can't believe you are serious, but I can seriously guarantee that such thing won't happen.

Ofc im serious. Its not like you have any players to lose. The server is pretty empty, and other than TC there is nothing to do honestly, and since TC is restricted to big clans, there literally is nothing to do. There are the members of those big clans that clap you on your back for making everything safe, while your server empties faster than light.

Strike

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »
The server is pretty empty, and other than TC there is nothing to do honestly, and since TC is restricted to big clans, there literally is nothing to do.
There will be wipe, and it will include lot of new features to the server. If there are less members after wipe, I think we could continue discuss about this. Not now, as nothing happened yet.

After wipe, everyone will get their answer. We just have to wait for now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:01:27 pm by Strike »

Dustin

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2014, 06:05:36 pm »
Ofc im serious. Its not like you have any players to lose. The server is pretty empty, and other than TC there is nothing to do honestly, and since TC is restricted to big clans, there literally is nothing to do. There are the members of those big clans that clap you on your back for making everything safe, while your server empties faster than light.

What you're suggesting is a short-term solution to a long-term problem.  As is, it's already pretty easy to run into other characters whether in town or on the worldmap.  Some areas see more traffic than others naturally as should be.  I don't see alts as a problem, as one player = one player and even if they find a way to run multiple clients the use would be limited severely as is.  Turn based would obviously be easier to juggle, but as far as  real time trying to juggle two characters would mean certain death in most cases.  The server is not empty.  Not even close.  Some hours of the day are less than others but there's always dozens on dozens. 

Let's assume this all-out PvP solution were applied.  The main issue is that the very thing that's supposed to grow the player base would choke it as fast as it could grow.  Whereas it's already highly likely to encounter someone who could set you back an indeterminate amount of time just because you stumbled upon them and spooked them, an increase in that plus the ability to be ransacked any hour of the night?  I'm sure eventually some form of this will be implemented, but until the code's finished up for tents/bases to be properly defensible it'd just be broken.  Stumble in anybody's place while they're gone and rob them blind because they're offline, or worse, online around the corner none-the-wiser.  As of now if you're good enough and your mark's stupid enough, you can follow them.   To me, that's more than enough currently.  Base offense would mean nothing but a broken mechanic without base defense.

I personally don't feel like the entirety of the game is PvP.  As of now, it's worthwhile to compete in it and still not too detrimental if you decide not to.  The roleplaying aspect appeals most, even if that aspect leads to mincing words or seeing who draws the fastest.  Everyone wants power armor and all these special TC items, sure.  I'd encourage players to play smarter.  Use the less trafficked hours of the day if you know there's a few different factions out there that could be problematic.  Merge with another faction.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  My point is, depending on how you weigh the odds on your favor determines the likelihood of success.  The absolute worst that can happen is something isn't planned right or that random group stumbles in that wastes your entire party.  If you're not willing to die for it and don't even try, then you probably don't deserve the loot anyway.  Suggestions are meant to improve a system, not provide even less incentive to group together with other players.  Instead it would plant a frantic anarchy where everyone's going from one theft to the next entirely voiding the current bartering system making everything's availability simply walking into an undefended map and taking what you want.  Nothing worth nothing?  Now that's an empty player base.

On the other hand, I'm quite excited by the delay.  The longer we're delayed, the more benefit when the time comes.   :)  I'm most for what this new reserved skill could be. 

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2014, 03:48:58 am »
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2014, 09:14:50 am »

Let's assume this all-out PvP solution were applied.  The main issue is that the very thing that's supposed to grow the player base would choke it as fast as it could grow.  Whereas it's already highly likely to encounter someone who could set you back an indeterminate amount of time just because you stumbled upon them and spooked them, an increase in that plus the ability to be ransacked any hour of the night?

Well thats the point though isnt it? As likely as it is that someone else will just stumble into your tent/base while you are away, it is very likely that you are gonna stumble into someone elses place while he is gone too.
This will lead to constant capturing and recapturing of items and gear, constant exchange of stuff between all players.
If you got all your tents robbed, it is very easy to just go out there and scavenge other players tents to build up something again in case you have nothing left somewhere else.
You will create bases, backup bases, backup backup bases so that in the case of someone robbing your stuff, you still have backup left.
Even if all your bases get raped, you got nothing to lose anymore and just can go out there and scavenge other players bases to build up a tent from scratch.

This constant capturing/recapturing of stuff is what will make things exciting.
Think about it. Lets say you have quite a lot of stuff inside your base. Someone comes and wants to rob you.
Problem is he cannot actually carry that much (another reason to lower the amount of stuff a player can carry while being able to run), so he will either have to bring a brahmin or a car.
If he brings a car and the owner of the place comes back just in the right moment, he has the chance of stealing YOUR car instead.
If he brings a brahmin, its not as easy to bring everything home safely.

Furthermore i believe that the owner should always get an alert if someone enters his tent/base, even if that person does not try to capture the entire base and just wants to scavenge some stuff.

I totally do not think that my supposed change is noob unfriendly. Its quite the opposite, its absolutely noob friendly.
Look at the current system. The only situations where you can fight against other players are situations where they are prepared (outside of randomly encountering someone in the outside world, which happens like once per week).
I am mainly talking about TC here. Noobs cannot actually ever hope to achieve anything in TC pvp. Whomever they attack, they are prepared and will rape the noobs´ asses. The noobs will never actually win.

In my system, the noobs will lose constantly but at the same time, they will also win constantly, giving them a reason to play.
My friends and me mainly stop playing all these fonline games because once you have your base all set up, all there is left is TC.
We can never win in TC and thus there is no hope of ever winning. If there is no hope of ever winning, you leave. Its as simple as that.
In my suggested system, there is constant pvp going on. Constant capturing and recapturing of stuff. Constant hope of winning.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:24:15 am by gh0un »

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

This will lead to constant capturing and recapturing of items and gear, constant exchange of stuff between all players.
If you got all your tents robbed, it is very easy to just go out there and scavenge other players tents to build up something again in case you have nothing left somewhere else.
You will create bases, backup bases, backup backup bases so that in the case of someone robbing your stuff, you still have backup left.
Even if all your bases get raped, you got nothing to lose anymore and just can go out there and scavenge other players bases to build up a tent from scratch.

No point of building bases in that situation. Much effort but no gain for that.
Or after week whole map will be covered by bases and noone can build ew one.
Everything will be hide in thausands of the mule alt keepeng in safe places like WM.

If you want take part in TC find more people. It is not so hard. I had faction with 2 peoples and thought like you but when i met new peoples and start playing with them everything changed.

Still worst idea ever, because you don't know how things work or you are just troll.

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »
..., it'll all come down to who has the best gun and who is the highest level...

You must be a newbie to the game.  is relative.

i suppose i am new relative to players like you, but in talking in general anyway. I meant that if all bases were open to all, a level 4 with a sawn off wouldn't be able to do jack shit against a 20 with brotherhood armour and a tpr, which would turn off all but the power gamers and your end up with a near dead server.  all i was saying, i know pvp does take skill (otherwise people in the thunderdone wouldn't bitch about getting beaten often) but bases are staying safe so who cares? Oh and not to arse kiss, but ive seen you in pvp. Nice work :)

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

No point of building bases in that situation. Much effort but no gain for that.

How is there no gain if we move TC functionality to bases as i mentioned in my first idea.
That is the driving incentive to actually build bases because they are the new TC locker functionality.

The main idea here is to make TC accessible to everyone and not just the big clans.
With only a few TCable areas (like in the current system), big clans will always come out on top, because defending such a small number of places is rather easy. They go there, they rape any noobs that enter. Noobs never participate in TC because its pointless to try.

In the new system, every base functions like a city currently does. Since there are so many more areas to TC now (as many as people create bases), big clans wont have such a big advantage when it comes to TC, because defending more than a few areas at once isnt actually possible.
Voila, everyone can participate in TC, which basically is the only pvp the game currently offers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:12:15 pm by gh0un »