April 19, 2024, 07:52:29 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 122568 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
To Reload the Reloaded
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:50:02 pm »
As most of you know already, there is a wipe coming. I think it's time to write more about it.

What is wipe?
Wipe is a full server restart including removal of all player data. All factions, characters, private maps and items get removed and the new session is started. Reasons for doing that are:
- major changes in characters, maps and features,
- fixing the damage done by previous bugs and exploits or bad game mechanics.
So far, there were more than 45.000 characters registered since the launch of Reloaded and there are more than 22.000 maps (99% of them are private maps: tents, faction bases and such) with about 2.000.000 items inside them. Full server restart will help in bringing game economy to a healthy state, and not only game economy, but other things like PvP balance. It will also give an opportunity to a larger number of players to have a fair start.

When will it happen?
There is no exact date specified yet. It depends on when all work is done. Also, there will be a short testing session before wipe, on our test server (not the current Reloaded which will stay online until wipe). Our TODO list is huge and I think it will take approximately 2 months to get things ready.
I would not call it soon, so you can just keep playing and not be bothered much by wipe. Most items are easy to get and gaining 24th level isn't too timeconsuming, so after the wipe you should be back on track pretty fast.

What about updates?
The last updates were mainly bugfixes and changed minor stuff. Yesterday's update should be the last before the actual wipe and we're not going to make another update unless there is some gamebreaking bug or exploit discovered.

What is going to be changed?
Well, a lot of stuff. Our detailed TODO list has 20 kilobytes of text so it's pretty long. Some things probably won't make it because of various reasons, but still it's going to be a big update. Changelog will be posted when the test session starts. I hope that mojuk and Opera will help us with getting their character planners updated so you can prepare your characters on time.

How can you help?
Make maps. Encounter maps and base maps. We'll add them if they are good and complete. We could also add new vehicles if we have awesome graphics files for them. Other than that, report bugs and exploits so the game will be better when we launch another session. Make reasonable suggestions about how to improve existing stuff.

Below you will find a list of what we're going to change. I know it's not detailed but it should give you a basic idea what we are working on. Some things are small, but others require days (if not weeks) of work. Final changelog will be much longer and probably longer than an initial changelog for Reloaded.

Maps and activities
- New public locations,
- New base types (including very expensive ones),
- New encounter maps,
- New caravans,
- New enemies in encounters,
- New arenas for Hinkley,
- New PvP/PvE activities,
- New special encounters,
- New dungeons and existing dungeons changed,
- New maps and some of existing maps changed,
- An equivalent of Barter Ground in southern part of the map.

Crafting & Gathering
- New item bonuses,
- Changed some bonus of crafted items,
- Some recipes changed to make top stuff more expensive to craft and requiring new resources,
- Gathering resources will be removed from private locations (except Private Mines) and moved to towns and other public locations with increased accessibility,
- Limited capability of slave mining, but manual gathering more effective than it is now,
- Rare items possibly craftable from rare materials and blueprints.

Items
- New implants,
- Some changes in drugs and Jet Antidote,
- New usable map objects,
- New energy weapons,
- New flares,
- A possibility to upgrade item bonuses,
- Backpacks, sandbags, and other useful items,
- Rare stuff will be more difficult to get than it is now, but there will be more places to get it. Current TC lockers, Warehouse/NRA lockers spawns will be changed.

Skills & perks
- New support perks,
- Reserved skill will be changed to something useful,
- Sneak will be rebalanced and Stealth Boy reworked,
- New types of locks and explosives,
- New uses for Science and Repair,
- New minigames for Gambling skill,
- Perk changes in order to make some perks more interesting.

Followers
- New companion types,
- Allowing followers to attack players when guarding bases,
- Mercenaries will be able to attack players,
- Improved leveling followers and increasing their main skills.

And many other fixes and improvements.

kiszon

• Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:33 pm »
nice ;P I waiting for WIPE ! :D

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:25:41 pm »
- Gathering resources will be removed from private locations (except Private Mines) and moved to towns and other public locations with increased accessibility,

If I'm paying 500K-1.2M for a Base would it really be so OP if anyone has access to resource gathering in my faction?
The difference is small when there are guarded mines/resources on the map.

-Also Private Mines should have a way to create maps for them if you ask me, even if it costs more I'd be fine with it.
On another note the spawn rate is a lil too slow, I'd be fine if there were more Normal resources spawn compared to HQ. But it was a 10 minute wait time for only 4 veins at a time.

There's no reason to NOT slave mine when I can use a Public mine and get 1200 ore/minerals for the time for 200-150 at my Private Mine which only half are HQ.

-I'd also like to know how slave mining will become less effective. Carry weight limit?
IMO the rate of mining is slow enough to be fair.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:31:23 pm by Beta HQ »

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »
will be there something like pre-wipe madness ?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:14:13 am »
As most of you know already, there is a wipe coming. I think it's time to write more about it.

Thank you very much! This is one of the absolute best, most useful posts on any FOnline forum. Why? Because it is direct comm from lead dev about specific plans for the game's future. This is gold. Thank you!

Full server restart will help in bringing game economy to a healthy state...

May i please suggest that this is only a [mis]-perception in your head? No offense, but "economic health" inside this game is only about if players are participating in transactions yes/no. Eco-health is not 100% at wipe and then always degrading until next wipe. Please re-consider this. The eco-health is very good now. Evidence: i started way after the season began and yet i continue to eagerly barter, buy, trade, sell to players and NPCs despite starting late. Other late-start players are doing the same. This means health is good. So wipe does not fix (or balance) the economy. It's backwards; wipe breaks the economy down to nothingness and we spend the rest of a season building it back up by engaging in transactions.

Full server restart will help in...other things like PvP balance.

If i may be so bold as to suggest a more accurate perception on this too: PvP balance will never be balanced in a way that suits all players, so please don't think that a wipe helps this at all. Once again it is backwards since BBS will be immediately re-assembled and do TC on day 1, while the solo players will still be solo but have to start over on their own to recover their status as worthy recruits.

It will also give an opportunity to a larger number of players to have a fair start.

I wish. There is really nothing unfair about starting after other players are already established. In fact, it is realistic to real-life. Forcing us to give up everything we have built to accommodate new players [in some imaginary way] is actually what is unfair. So again, i say this is backwards.

Below you will find a list of what we're going to change.

Gold baby! Pure gold! Thank you! I tell you something - you keep telling us plans sometimes and this community will feel much more bonded with you and with the game's future. Developer coldness, i say, is one thing that led to 2238 downfall.

Thank you for best post with most value ever :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:15:49 am by Henry »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 03:04:22 am »
Wait, does this mean Brahmin meat and fibers as well?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

NoDriLL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 04:41:16 am »
I hate f*cking wipes...
"War, war never changes..."

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:19 am »

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:07:38 am »
I like the brand new experience instead of the feeling of stagnation the wipe will bring.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 05:22:57 am »
I hate f*cking wipes...
No one likes them....
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 06:23:11 am »
Okay let's not make any wipes/updates, less work for me :) Why didn't you say it long ago?  :(

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 06:56:40 am »
I hate f*cking wipes...
No one likes them....

Nope, I really like wipes which bring new updates and changes. :)

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 07:10:47 am »
Always someone will be happy and someone will be whinning about WIPE (or any other smaller or bigger change), but I totaly agree with Henry this time, your reasoning is ...hmm... bad in these few cases:)

Code: [Select]
- New base types (including very expensive ones),

Or you didn't tell us what you are really planning or the second statment make the first one pointless.
Even now everything more expensive than Traper Camp is almost worthless. Without resources and maybe some other features more expensive bases will be totaly not worth an effort(ppl will buy/make it only to check it was not worth an effort like with Bunker now).

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 07:28:39 am »
Hmmm, do you wanna implement Advanced Workbenches in expensive bases, or they will remain accessible only in TC towns and other locations ?

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 07:31:24 am »
Hmm My message didn't say what I thought it meant.

Aww well.

Support the Wipe.

If they're periodic that'd be cool with me.