May 23, 2024, 10:18:57 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Level glitch  (Read 2097 times)

Psycroptic

Level glitch
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:19:10 pm »
While leveling my EW build near Necropolis, I walked away from my game only to come back and find it was frozen. I exited out and entered again. When I did, I found that my character had leveled twice in less than 30 seconds, having not fired the first shot or killed anything.

The levels were very real, as in I had the full amount of skill points to distribute as well as a new perk (lvl 18 now).

I just figured someone would want to know about this bug.

greenthumb

• View Profile
Re: Level glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »

Or maybe you wana make others jealous , ha? :)

Psycroptic

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »

Or maybe you wana make others jealous , ha? :)

No, not at all. If someone else has heard of this glitch and exploit it, the game will not be any fun. Maybe someone else has experienced the glitch and thought it should be fixed as well.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 12:11:24 am »
It is very unlikely for such bug to exist. Unless you are able to repeat that, I'm not buying it.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:16:34 am »
It is very unlikely for such bug to exist. Unless you are able to repeat that, I'm not buying it.
Why would he lie about such a petty thing? There is quite a few things that could have done it. An accidental server repeat/loop which would make the last few events repeat a lot of times before it caught on, such as XP gain. Another possible answer would be packet editing. Plain and simple hacking. Either way, I don't think he'd lie over such a stupid thing. And if he would... it's just pathetic.  :o
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:19:24 am by Gimper »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:21 am »
Why would he lie about such a petty thing? There is quite a few things that could have done it. An accidental server repeat/loop which would make the last few events repeat a lot of times before it caught on, such as XP gain. Another possible answer would be packet editing. Plain and simple hacking. Either way, I don't think he'd lie over such a stupid thing. And if he would... it's just pathetic.  :o
no gimper, just stop

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:37 am »
Stop what exactly? Is all this sense making your little walnut-brain hurt? Hehehe....

(If you were too stupid to realize that the whole post was made out of sarcasm, then you shouldn't even be commenting.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:21:05 am by Gimper »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

Yeah, sure.

People sometimes see very strange things in this game and are rarely able to repeat it. I'm still waiting for an UFO sighting thread, without any screenshots or other evidence.

Anyway, looks like he wasn't able to replicate this "bug".