May 02, 2024, 09:04:27 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Odd number of Agility points  (Read 5107 times)

cheezy

• View Profile
Odd number of Agility points
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:38:52 am »
My suggestion is when you have odd number of agility points.  You get one free movement point.
This would be like the bonus move perk were you get yellow action point. The action point can only be use in turn base and only can be spent on movement.
This could allow more builds that end with odd agility point. Also  I think taking nuke cola adds agility point. So if you have even number of agility then take nuke cola. You gain yellow action point instead of nothing.
Tho am not sure if this should apply if you have one agility point but wont hurt.

I think its a good idea, what you think?

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Re: Odd number of Agility points
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:11:17 am »
I really like this idea and would love to see this implemented. END odd numbers were answered with a decent solution and for agi I cannot think of a better one than yours.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:18:53 pm »
true, i like it

Wallace

• Not a bug. It's a feature...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 08:08:30 am »
Nice idea but i'd like to see an adequate speed in both RT and TB modes that depends upon characters' action points.

10 agi char + 2 actionboy + bonus move + AP armor = 15 hex movement
1 agi char with bruiser = 3 hex movement

in TB one of those is 5 times faster but in RT they are equal... freaking preposterous...
Desert Drifters

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:20:30 am »
TB is less reality like than RT ! Preposterous! Ban everything!

Srsly dude, TB is broken like hell, that small bonus to movement won't make any difference in normal pvp at all why not then.

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 08:57:04 am »
Not everyone plays real time.  PVE normally better in turn base. So it would help out little.  My point is odd agility is pointless to have(just how endurance use to be). This would give more value to odd agility. If you keep in mind you could get agility implant for plus one.  So you could pick odd number agility just to get one bonus move to tie you over till you get implant. Also if  you have even number and get implant you would gain bonus move instead next to nothing

TB is less reality like than RT ! Preposterous! Ban everything!

Srsly dude, TB is broken like hell, that small bonus to movement won't make any difference in normal pvp at all why not then.

One free bonus move not going break the game. IF you go for odd number of agility for that extra bonus move that's your choice.
Not like it was free, they spend a stat to get it.

I like this guys answer.
I really like this idea and would love to see this implemented. END odd numbers were answered with a decent solution and for agi I cannot think of a better one than yours.

If you have better solution post it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:02:27 am by cheezy »

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:24 am »
(...) Preposterous! Ban everything!

Someone must've hit you with a banhammer a bit too hard at some point in your life... I didn't see anyone mentioning about banning anything...

TB is fine and dandy - you're the one that lives in RT world of clones that run with equal speed regardless of their characters' stats.

Now back to cheezy: I think you misunderstood Letoo - he told you he does not have a better solution
Desert Drifters

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 09:17:52 am »
You kidding right? TB was good before that fast shot and m60 buff (2238) now its only plasma spamers, and you say about fighting clones?

Changing running speed is bad idea, on TLA it was just troll weapon, add here it will be even more troll boost.

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 09:40:33 am »
Well Perteks let's stop off-top here shall we?

I'll make a new Topic about RT and TB time and speed and let you know so we no longer need to spam poor cheezy's topic

(and here it is: http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1300.0)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:59:23 am by Wallace »
Desert Drifters

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »
Now back to cheezy: I think you misunderstood Letoo - he told you he does not have a better solution

When I quote his post because i agree with him. Then I said if you have better idea post it, well that was to everyone else.
Think misunderstood me , no offence

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »
Apparently i did

But i do have another use for odd agi in rt - AP regen as though a char had 1 AP more and thus regen would be slightly faster. But i doubt i'ts a big enough difference for it to be worth to implementing.

Yours however is
Desert Drifters

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »
Thank you sir  :)

Tho you could stack my idea with yours
 rt - AP regen as though a char had 1 AP more and thus regen would be slightly faster

This way it had real time use and turn base use.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:56:39 pm by cheezy »

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »
Apparently i did

But i do have another use for odd agi in rt - AP regen as though a char had 1 AP more and thus regen would be slightly faster. But i doubt i'ts a big enough difference for it to be worth to implementing.

Yours however is
Expanding on this, it would be a great idea to make AP regen scale with Agility rather than total APs, up to 10 at least, over 10 AP would probably just have to act the way they are.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 02:23:54 am »
Not gonna happen coz Killgore shut my topic concerning similar matter practically with no explanation

(http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1300.0)
Desert Drifters

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:11 am »
That topic is different Wallace then this one.  That's comparing RT to turn base and trying to bring them together so they compare more alike. There alot problems with that I think. 

This topic about making odd agility having a point.
By doing this everyone point will matter and odd agility builds could exist.

I would like hear from killgore on the topic and get his opinion.

Kind like how endurance was in 2238 and how it is now.
Kind funny in 2238 I made same suggestion to  have endurance way it is now.
They just ignore me and said blaaaa like i was crazy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:39:01 am by cheezy »