May 04, 2024, 03:47:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Craftable Trinkets  (Read 4579 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Craftable Trinkets
« on: September 09, 2015, 06:04:25 pm »
Such as gold watches(Will tell time when used; sell to merchants), Golden Teeth (which can be implanted at a doctor for extra dialogue like tatoos), and golden coins (They really should exist in the game, maybe not to replace caps, but to just show the NCR's progress to Fallout 2)

Maybe craftable frag mines, I've yet to see them employed ever, and even 5000 year old Chinese people made land mines, so why can't we?

Bear traps, etc, more craftable stuff pls :3.

Maybe a few NCR Merchants could have Gold Coins in their inventory, worth the same as caps, but to show the wasteland is adopting the currency.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:50:25 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: Craftable Trinkets
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »
Yes to crafting frag mines.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:46:19 pm »
Yes to crafting bear traps, traps skill is somewhat useless except few cases of using dynamite/C4...
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:34 pm »
No crafting mines has been brought up before and denied for good reason. Being uncraftable its OK because there aren't too many. Once they are craftable just plant 500 of them in tc town and win. And that would be retarded.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:46:30 pm »
Make it nonable to used in towns, or something like a cap.

Anyway, you can still put there many C4...almost same.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:49:41 pm »
Not same at all. C4 needs to be detonated so that means someone has to not be fighting and wait for exact right moment to detonate. With mines people will just walk on them and die while minelayers can shoot everybody at same time. Hell minelayers could even be afk. Big difference.
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=567.msg3948#msg3948
How many times must you be told to use search. Denied by Kilgore long ago
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:52:37 pm by Beer »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:54:58 pm »
I never "suggest" something like this, just liked suggestion above. Anyway, bear traps should be hard to craft or spawn in footlockers at least.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 10:13:18 pm »
You obviously didnt even click the link because that thread was also about bear traps. It doesnt matter if you are making thread you are posting suggestions for denied things already but, yeah helpbot really needs to use search rather than this spam of 10 old suggestions a day.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:25:17 pm »
You obviously didnt even click the link because that thread was also about bear traps. It doesnt matter if you are making thread you are posting suggestions for denied things already but, yeah helpbot really needs to use search rather than this spam of 10 old suggestions a day.

I opened your link and literally read each post twice. Anyway, I'm afraid spawning bear traps in footlockers same way as frag mines wouldnt kill anyone, far more I would say it would be fun to use it only in encos while farming. But I guess it would need many lines of codes and shit, so I would forget about it.

Anyway, spawn bear traps in lockers isnt bad idea. Don't you think so?
Frag mines has X chance to spawn, Bear Traps could have Y. So both would have X+Y, still not enough to spam all cities with it. But still enough to have fun.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »
I dunno. It would be hard to see a use for them other than trolling. You ganna farm enclave with bear traps or what? lmao theres far more efficient ways. And as you can see it was already denied previously so its waste of time to debate it.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 10:34:06 pm »
I dunno. It would be hard to see a use for them other than trolling. You ganna farm enclave with bear traps or what? lmao theres far more efficient ways. And as you can see it was already denied previously so its waste of time to debate it.

That's why I don't even talk about crafting this shit anymore :D

Anyway setting such a trap could require 100 or 125 skill points in traps, so it would be more usefull skill. Just saying, and all in all making it spawn in footlockers wouldnt hurt balance, and it wasnt suggested :P
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
Once they are craftable just plant 500 of them in tc town and win. And that would be retarded.

Well at the moment that would be very successful yes, but as soon as traps "entered the TC meta" there would be a call and reason to have trappers in your team.

I'm not saying they should be craftable etc, but I personally quite like the idea of traps and wish they were part of TC metagame, instead of being what they are now, as a rare barely used artifact.

Bad_Lieutenant

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 09:43:45 am »
I think that bear traps could be usefull in TC, especialy the toilet ones

I'm also against making them craftable (frag mines shouldn't be craftable also) but big +1 for giving a chance to find some of them in random encounters footlockers

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 05:13:45 pm »
bear traps should IMO just have a small chance of being disarmed and collected.
This would make sneaking trappers just as useful as any other build out there, and sneaker trap dismantlers.

With traps acting as basically barriers. Maybe even the option to trip all the traps with explosives, like a rocket so they'll never be too overpowered.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 06:21:37 pm »
bear traps should IMO just have a small chance of being disarmed and collected.
This would make sneaking trappers just as useful as any other build out there, and sneaker trap dismantlers.

With traps acting as basically barriers. Maybe even the option to trip all the traps with explosives, like a rocket so they'll never be too overpowered.
Oh, or that way. Not to spawn it in lockers, but rather get it with let's say 50% chance at 125% Traps skill and 75% with 150% skill. Putting such a bear trap device should require at least 100% trap skills, so you can't farm it with one char and use it with some non traps skilled char.
GUN FOR HIRE