Password:

Topic: Level cap  (Read 3496 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Level cap
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:15:09 pm »
Level cap would be nice

I say up to 40 where you can get all implants. with no skill points :D (or 24)

"Stalker, y u say this" some random noob

Why I say this? cause people have gatling tanks with SG skills and makes tesla useless.

I see in preview a guy with gatling, then I spawn with tesla armor, guy switches to XLY, I'm like wtf dude, what is this shit, guy hexes me I'm done for the day I'm done! (not really done just have IRL stuff)

I am serious with this suggestion, I know it will make more alts but better than having one 500+ level character with 200% gun skill for all 3 and maxed out everything

"But all my implants gonna go to this guy with maxed out everything :("

Fuck your implants, all my characters have no implants and max level is 57, most of my PvP alts are 25 and still rape in PvP sometimes  :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:19:59 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Kaaon

Re: Level cap
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:27 pm »
laaazy guy, you got like 10 alts and i bet that all of them are like lvl 30..
now seriously :D its same for everyone and it doesnt even gives any advantage in pvp except being able to switch weapon when enemy does have tesla so i dont see any reason, on other side as you mentioned it means that having like 5 alts for all support skills will be must have + i cant imagine level cap combined with 3 minute timer to relog, it would be very limiting in terms of using support skills and crafting thats why -1 from me..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:36:10 pm by Seki »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:52:02 pm »
laaazy guy, you got like 10 alts and i bet that all of them are like lvl 30..
now seriously :D its same for everyone and it doesnt even gives any advantage in pvp except being able to switch weapon when enemy does have tesla so i dont see any reason, on other side as you mentioned it means that having like 5 alts for all support skills will be must have + i cant imagine level cap combined with 3 minute timer to relog, it would be very limiting in terms of using support skills and crafting thats why -1 from me..
coming from the guy with an alt over 400! all implants I assume

and wtf relog timer? I'm out of here if there is one...guess back to shitty FO2

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
coming from the guy with an alt over 400! all implants I assume
yes i got lvl 491, many alts 60+, 2 fully implanted chars (25 implants used + around 20 gived to friends) but
this suggetions has nothing to do with implants, this problem is well known and thats why implants will be much harder to get after wipe
and it still doesnt change the fact that it doesnt affects pvp so there isnt reason to bring back lvl cap, it would be just limiting instead of useful

and wtf relog timer? I'm out of here if there is one...guess back to shitty FO2
why ? you cant play on 1 character ?
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5442.msg39944#msg39944
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:04:32 pm by Seki »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:13:33 pm »
I'm crying, cause I died

Deal with it  8)

guess back to shitty FO2
Yeah, you do that. That's better idea, than to make shitty suggestions that will make this server EXACTLY THE SAME AS FO2 SHITHOLE.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:16:31 pm by Kirkor »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 07:07:33 pm »
STALKER, I like you ok? But no. I don't like this. There really SHOULDN'T be any kind of cap; If you play long enough, you can develop a 10/10 character with 300% across the board. I preffer NO kind of cap of any sort.
Of course, I'd also like to do away entirely with implants and in-town violence (if the TC timer aint running, you shoot the town shoots you and you screwed your own faction, tough shit punk assed bitch). But hey, that's just me. :(
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »
I'm crying, cause I died
Hey Kirk, take a break- You don't HAVE to be an asshole every day of your life.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 11:05:35 pm »
[My name is Brad and I pretend Im a girl.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 03:05:36 am »

Having no level cap opens up huge potential to any character, including those who "stalk" and prey on others, pun intended. Having a level cap would not help anyone. Let's not go backwards.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 05:38:45 am »
My name is Denise and I pretend Im a fag.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 05:40:02 am »
Hey Kirk, I like to bitch and moan too!
Uuuuhmmmmmm.......
Ok. Guilty.
Not that YOU'LL even know.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 05:45:33 am »
I for one support this idea, FOnline : Reloaded is supposed to be the 'FOnline : 2238, the one with proper updates it deserves!", and in original FOnline, there was the cap of max. 24 level.

Now with the cap gone, builds are somewhat broken, and you no longer require for example 6 strenght because you can just whore your character to level 9001 and grab SG to max along with EW and BG and Throw, no longer needing the strenght for handling the weapons.

So yeah, I am not saying we should go completly back to 2238, perhaps level cap should be 50 instead of 24, but there just should be one. Not everyone has the time to play the game whole day, so if one guy has all the time in the world and no job, and he plays FOnline all day - of course he'll get to bigger level than some ordinary guy, that has a job and just comes home and plays FOnline for a while.

Like gee, the fun of inventing new builds is almost completly gone, back in the days you just had a cap and you had certain amount of points to put in - nearly everyone had their own unique build, or well gangs had their builds. It was some kind of a competition who could get a better build, you had to experiment. Now you just put 1 Strenght on nearly every build and you can just whore the levels to get enough points to overcome the strenght-handling.

So yeah, why can't we just put in back cap. Have balanced levels for everyone equally - and rather let them focus on items than leveling up?

Re-consider the idea.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:57:55 am by Knife_cz »

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 07:10:07 am »
I think the cap is fine as it is. You don't need a billion levels to play, its completely your choice.

Why I say this? cause people have gatling tanks with SG skills and makes tesla useless.

I see in preview a guy with gatling, then I spawn with tesla armor, guy switches to XLY, I'm like wtf dude, what is this shit, guy hexes me I'm done for the day I'm done!

That happens to me too! I see some guy i think i can take, but then he pulls out some burst weapon and i die.
Happens all the time. But then again, i don't use burst weapons myself. Humm.

With no level cap, you are not FORCED to make alts for every little task, and your not restricted to certain weapons.
You don't need two alts with exact same stats, only one tagged SG instead of BG because he simply doesn't have enough points.

Not everyone has the time to play the game whole day, so if one guy has all the time in the world and no job, and he plays FOnline all day - of course he'll get to bigger level than some ordinary guy, that has a job and just comes home and plays FOnline for a while.

So, even with the cap, the big guy will still have the improved gear, power armor, implants ect...
STILL putting the little guy at a disadvantage.

Blah.

Having a level cap would not help anyone. Let's not go backwards.
Wasteland is harsh.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 07:44:40 am »
Level cap would be nice

Whoa it would be a big step backwards. Problems like 1 ST can be solved some other way.