May 21, 2024, 08:58:57 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: fast relog  (Read 1450 times)

Daryl

fast relog
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »
Ok here it is, everyone is crying and not obeying the rules. So why don't the devs just bring back the 3 min rule when u logg out it takes 3 mins before u can log back in again with another or different alt I know people can use sandboxie or proxy but it will sort out alot of the banning happearning,  people useing sandboxie get ban.

I know it will fuck up alot of the crafting and gathering even farming but yea people are spoiling it now and just taking advantage.  Things 2-3 years ago in 2238 when this rule was out was the most fun I had in fonline I'm not saying Kilgore is doing bad job because I think he doing great job but yea people need to learn now not to take advantage of something the devs are giving you as a gift to make game easier to play with.
also I think duel logging should be banned also which will make u need to partner up and make allies online also will make factions do stuff together.

Kaaon

Re: fast relog
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:18:28 pm »
already suggested.. use search...
it was denied because it would be very annoying and limiting to players which are using alts for non-pvp things and this timer can be bypassed by doing tricks with IP anyways..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:20:24 pm by Seki »

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:25:29 pm »
Not everyone knows how to do it.

I think something like this should be put in place. It's not annoying it will balance it out if u put this into place maybe make crafting easier or something like this, in 2238 people were used to it so why not now I personally think that duel logging should be banned anyways

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:38:11 pm »
Cheaters will cheat no matter what solution you will implement. Only normal players will suffer from any restrictions you would put because cheaters would know the way to baypass them. Ask yourself who is cheating the most right now? People who are known from cheating in the past and most of us know how many different attempts 2238 Devs made to fight this.

If it was up to me I would just perma ban every fast/dual logger until he will finally stop cheating or playing - win-win situation.
Also keep in mind that it's "right before wipe" time of session and people care less if they lose char or two now.
:facepalm

Strike

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:09 pm »
This was good change already, and it will continue after wipe:

Note:
As we don't have much time for Fastrelog/Duallog bullshit, anyone caught using it in from now will be permanently banned.
Same after wipe. So, don't use it and you'll be fine. If you want to use it anyway, then deal with consequences.

Many permanently banned characters will return after wipe, no doubt about that. But yeah I think they will be instantly banned again, because of this above rule.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »
Yep. Perma-ban is pretty much the only solution.
Although screens and logs can be faked as well.

Kaaon

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »
Although screens and logs can be faked as well.
and some players are sharing accounts..

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 06:18:35 pm »
and some players are sharing accounts..
This should actually be disallowed in my opinion. It leads only to excuses.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 06:25:39 pm »
Well, there actually was 3-minute relog timer in the beginning of this session. It was removed at some point, probably due to my mistake.
It will be back after wipe, just to ensure no one gets ban for a fast relog without knowing what's going on.