April 18, 2024, 04:21:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Turn Based improvement  (Read 2547 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Turn Based improvement
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:41:54 pm »
People hate TB mostly because of the use of Sneak/Trolls, respawn spam, and mostly the inability to end or knowing who needs to end.

Without nerfing or banning sneak from TB Encounters (Which I think would suck).  I suggest that every player in a TB zone has their name listed on the screen on one side, and that their combat status is listed (end or engaged).

OR

That if you type in the command ~tbcheck it will list all player names currently in the zone and their combat status on/off.

This allows players to retain sneak traps, and be in sneak, (Which some like Rinzler love to do) without having the other players in the encounter get totally trolled by the inability to end.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
Re: Turn Based improvement
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:46:47 pm »
it doenst make any sense , since sneak is there to be sneaky ... your suggestionw ould remove the ability to be invisible if u want ... and on the other hand try to do it for yourself with some new scripts gui and stuff and the suggest again BLYAT.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25:32 pm »
it doenst make any sense , since sneak is there to be sneaky ... your suggestionw ould remove the ability to be invisible if u want ... and on the other hand try to do it for yourself with some new scripts gui and stuff and the suggest again BLYAT.

What a Dumbass response.

Kilgore has stated he is removing sneak from TB entirely post wipe.  I'm trying to prevent that from happening

If we listen to you, this will happen:

your suggestionw ould remove the ability to be invisible if u want

*Drops mic*

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »
Aawwww khans are getting trolled in their TB traps  ::)

Not shocked that Gargantua made this suggestion since its the only mode he plays in.

People hate TB mostly because of the use of Sneak/Trolls, respawn spam, and mostly the inability to end or knowing who needs to end.

Without nerfing or banning sneak from TB Encounters (Which I think would suck).
Not really, its the inability to do nothing while getting shot by 6 guys when you enter an encounter. Not to mention the attacker ALWAYS spawns in the middle of the map with absolutely no cover.

A real improvement would be removing sneakers (real reason why TB encounters last 5+ hours) and adding way more spawns on every encounter map. Displaying players who are inside the encounter won't help, it will just remove the suspense a player has when he's farming and notices NPCs and him are missing a turn (a sign knowing when a player joined) but with this useless suggestion, he can just see or type the command and will 100% notice a player is inside.

Another improvement would be removing that extra action points a player gets when he starts a TB encounter (Like a guy enters encounter, shoots NPCs for basically no AP cost, TB starts, guy can only burst twice but ends up with 3 burst since he started TB, this should be removed).

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:00:55 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »
I would remove possibility of returning into encounter after death or just completely remove the pvp. It's unbalanced, unfair and takes hours becouse of trolls.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:39 pm »

Without nerfing or banning sneak from TB Encounters (Which I think would suck).  I suggest that every player in a TB zone has their name listed on the screen on one side, and that their combat status is listed (end or engaged).

OR

That if you type in the command ~tbcheck it will list all player names currently in the zone and their combat status on/off.

This allows players to retain sneak traps, and be in sneak, (Which some like Rinzler love to do) without having the other players in the encounter get totally trolled by the inability to end.

1. Maybe every player the player can see, shall have their status listed, and not everyone in the encounter, that sounds reasonable, because it does not give extra info about critters the game normally wouldn't, like enemy names, numbers. (Or even, a text over head of player shows that they pressed end combat)
2. Using commands is not a good idea, it's something newbies won't get friendly with or know about.
3. If there are no NPC's on the map and everyone ends his turn who are not sneaking, the combat shall end. Would this solve the trolling you described?

All in all, if K said that sneaking will be removed and if they started to implement it, nothing you can do. bb sneak in TB.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 07:24:21 pm »
i like the third option u described slowhand
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:32:17 pm by FrankenStone »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »
3. If there are no NPC's on the map and everyone ends his turn who are not sneaking, the combat shall end.

That's a great suggestion slowhand.  If you are in sneak, your combat mode is set to off.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »
I would remove possibility of returning into encounter after death or just completely remove the pvp. It's unbalanced, unfair and takes hours becouse of trolls.

Flares are really the only thing that attracts multiple of spam spawners.  But it really isn't so bad. They don't last long and the respawn count and walking is enough that so long as there isn't' 4 or 5 people doing the same thing, you can end.

Regular WM encounters don't see this problems, and there have been great/epic TB battles this session in the boneyard and beyond.

I also like the idea of spread out spawns.  +1

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
3. If there are no NPC's on the map and everyone ends his turn who are not sneaking, the combat shall end. Would this solve the trolling you described?

I like this idea.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »
3. If there are no NPC's on the map and everyone ends his turn who are not sneaking, the combat shall end.
That's a great suggestion slowhand.  If you are in sneak, your combat mode is set to off.

Well, technically it is possible, but I couldn't test it, because I did not bother to install a virtual machine to run another client at the same time, or whatever is needed for that.

Here is the code, if you are familiar a little bit installing and running the server, you can try out with ur friends:

- Using the FOnline: Reloaded - source version 2, go to the "Server/scripts" folder and replace the "void turn_based_process(Map& map, Critter& cr, bool beginTurn)" function in the file named "main.fos" with the following:

Code: [Select]
// Call on every begin and end turn
void turn_based_process(Map& map, Critter& cr, bool beginTurn)
{
    if(beginTurn)
    {
        if(cr.Timeout[TO_BATTLE] == 0)
            cr.TimeoutBase[TO_BATTLE] = 100000000; // setting to initial value (TB_BATTLE_TIMEOUT in fonline.h)

if(!_IsTrueNpc(cr))
            SetLvar(cr, LVAR_tb_turn_time, ELAPSED_TIME);

cr.StatBase[ST_MOVE_AP] = cr.Stat[ST_MAX_MOVE_AP];
        cr.StatBase[ST_TURN_BASED_AC] = 0;
        cr.StatBase[ST_TURN_BASED_HEX] = MAKELONG(cr.HexX, cr.HexY);
        if(map.TurnBasedRound > 0)
            PlaySound(cr, "icombat1.acm");

// Offline and non-real players (staff) skip turns in TB
        if(cr.IsPlayer())
        {
            if(_IsOffline(cr) || !_IsRealPlayer(cr))
            {
                _EndTurn(cr);
            }
        }
    }
    else
    {
        uint dist = GetDistantion(cr.HexX, cr.HexY, LOWORD(cr.Stat[ST_TURN_BASED_HEX]), HIWORD(cr.Stat[ST_TURN_BASED_HEX]));
        cr.StatBase[ST_TURN_BASED_AC] = 2 * (dist + cr.Stat[ST_CURRENT_AP]) >= cr.Stat[ST_ACTION_POINTS] ? 1 : 0;
        if(cr.Stat[ST_TURN_BASED_AC] < 0)
            cr.StatBase[ST_TURN_BASED_AC] = 0;
        cr.StatBase[ST_MOVE_AP] = 0;
        PlaySound(cr, "icombat2.acm");
        if (_IsRealPlayer(cr))
        {
            if (_IsSneaking(cr))
            {
                Log("Player was sneaking thus end of turn and combat called: " + cr.Name);
                cr.ModeBase[MODE_END_COMBAT] = 1;
            }
            Log("End of turn called: " + cr.Name);
        }
    }
}

The change part only (is at the end):
Code: [Select]
        if (_IsRealPlayer(cr))
        {
            if (_IsSneaking(cr))
            {
                Log("Player was sneaking thus end of turn and combat called: " + cr.Name);
                cr.ModeBase[MODE_END_COMBAT] = 1;
            }
            Log("End of turn called: " + cr.Name);
        }

- It might introduce a bug where if the critter de-sneaks and ends turn, it will still try to end combat as well. But as I told you, I could not test it myself.
- I also added a few logs for easier debugging, which you will be able to see on the server, each time a player ends his turn, it will show his name in a new line, if he was sneaking then the message will be different. These shall be removed later, but if anyone wants to test this, it should give them an easier time.

It's up to you now, GL.

Edit:

Another, maybe more elegant solution would be to add the sneak exception to "void turn_based_begin(Map& map)" in main.fos. With the previous solution, the TB round would allow the sneaked players to use up their turns for movement or attack, while this, would not (if the sneakers are at the end of the sequence queue)/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:33:59 pm by Slowhand »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 09:24:45 am »
I haven't seen sneak being used in TurnBased for other purpose than trolling other players and that's why it's going to be removed from TB.

In fact, this change was already made and waiting for new session, that's why the suggestion is no longer valid.