April 29, 2024, 03:05:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Advertising/Attracting more/new players - suggestions needed  (Read 5071 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Advertising/Attracting more/new players - suggestions needed
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:28:06 pm »
The Khans have a series of advertisements, strategies, and programs prepared to invite people to Fonilne, and we encourage other Fonliners and factions to do the same, especially with Wipe upcoming.

My request is for everyone in the community to suggest websites here that we can visit, to start talking about Fonline, so we as a whole community can attract more player base.

Please submit your offerings~!

MorsTactica

• Guy offering free bullets in Hub, TKs- something
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising/Attracting more/new players - suggestions needed
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:56:10 pm »
I'll try making some advert posts in the Steam Fallout 1 and 2 groups, and on the Fallout Reddits. Might even try some other PvP-focused groups... Maybe the MOBA crowd?
I sell rares, PM me for details.
In stock (may have multiple): G11, G11E, Alien Blaster, Scorcher, Little Jesus, Slugger, various clothes including children and dwarf skins.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:16:24 pm »
The Khans have a series of advertisements, strategies, and programs prepared to invite people to Fonilne, and we encourage other Fonliners and factions to do the same, especially with Wipe upcoming.

My request is for everyone in the community to suggest websites here that we can visit, to start talking about Fonline, so we as a whole community can attract more player base.

Good idea Mighty Gargantua, finally good idea.
Start with FB, move on F4 and other post apo forums. Next other MMO's forums, etc.
GUN FOR HIRE

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »
No point doing it now. People will just come, see, say "meh" and ignore any advertising made when the time is right in the future.
:facepalm

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:33:26 pm »
Mojuk might be right here, however, your idea is very good, because WHEN the wipe and content changes happen, this same problem will arise. There is a critical mass to such games as this, which is needed to sustain itself, else, it the pop will drop to a "number of pvp apes knowing about the game plus a few casuals/newbies" level.

So, my suggestion to Khans and others is, to prepare promoting stuff for the right time, but do not use it. Make videos (for promotion purpose, not the usual "ego trip between factions" kind), that newspaper of yours is epic, once wipe hits, post that paper that you guys are recruiting or something, with ur best lines and ofc with the side purpose of advertising the server itself. (I specially love that "Khans: It just got worse" line :) ) Anything you got, focus on wipe, if for a few weeks the population will rise to the sky, there is the possibility of staying there or half way there for who knows, maybe until next-next wipe.

That reminds me, the biggest turn-off for newbie PvP-ers is that if they do not meet other newbies at their level. So if the team did not do it so far (I checked map encounter but already forgot the specifics) noob-protection should be disabled if the other guy is a newbie as well and alone on encounter drops. (And yeah I know, people could abuse that with low level high potential alts, but still better than nothing or a full group of pvp-ers spamming the map forced entry for the low random roll vs newbie protection)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:54:07 am »
Mojuk might be right here, however, your idea is very good, because WHEN the wipe and content changes happen, this same problem will arise. There is a critical mass to such games as this, which is needed to sustain itself, else, it the pop will drop to a "number of pvp apes knowing about the game plus a few casuals/newbies" level.

So, my suggestion to Khans and others is, to prepare promoting stuff for the right time, but do not use it. Make videos (for promotion purpose, not the usual "ego trip between factions" kind), that newspaper of yours is epic, once wipe hits, post that paper that you guys are recruiting or something, with ur best lines and ofc with the side purpose of advertising the server itself. (I specially love that "Khans: It just got worse" line :) ) Anything you got, focus on wipe, if for a few weeks the population will rise to the sky, there is the possibility of staying there or half way there for who knows, maybe until next-next wipe.

That reminds me, the biggest turn-off for newbie PvP-ers is that if they do not meet other newbies at their level. So if the team did not do it so far (I checked map encounter but already forgot the specifics) noob-protection should be disabled if the other guy is a newbie as well and alone on encounter drops. (And yeah I know, people could abuse that with low level high potential alts, but still better than nothing or a full group of pvp-ers spamming the map forced entry for the low random roll vs newbie protection)
I could make a trailer for Reloaded. I could  do one on this session just to show my skills :V

Then one for the new session.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 04:06:39 am »
No point doing it now. People will just come, see, say "meh" and ignore any advertising made when the time is right in the future.

I think wait for wipe but advertising soon is good idea because of fallout 4 hype

I'll work on cool video when wipe changelog is released so I can list features
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:12:05 am by Hungry Hungry Shark »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:27 pm »
Great input guys!  Thank you!

This gives me an epic idea... I am going to get my crew to work on it...

Any more suggestions?

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »

Positive post Khans!

Not directly related to advertising but.......From my point of view, this game is hardcore :) and i love the game because of this, but not every1 loves a challenge like I do. I try to maintain a policy of helping new players or bluesuits etc, giving some tips and do not shoot or kill. I wait until they are pvp ready to fight and hope this helps the community get bigger. I dont expect every1 to behave this way and the wastes are harsh for every1, but this might keep some new players from quitting. Hope this contributes to the discussion.  8) 

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 10:28:30 am »

Yeah, mojuk is right. Wipes always attract players, alot. These are ofter FOnliners from different servers, they come to see what changed and if they don't like it they go back to their favorite server. A month or two after wipe and all these guys are gone until the next one. As for new players, there is a constant incoming/leaving. Alot try the game, only a few stay a little. At the end, only few selected players stay all session long. If I take reloaded as exemple, who is still here from previous session? Most UV, some guys from Khans (vets newly recruited), some guys in Social warriors (patchwork of BBS, random guys, BSG, maybe a red cross or two...) => 30 players max

http://fonline-status.ru/en/

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »
I think people forget that Reloaded is competing with every other form of electronic entertainment on earth.  From Video Games to Netflix; And that some gamers just to have the stomach to stick.

Guys - thank you for your contributions.  I have a plan in place that I am showing to my team.  When we release it, with your support, it could go a long way to bringing people to fonline.

We'll release it in coordination with The Wipe,  which will nicely coincide with everyone being finished Fallout 4.

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:03:59 pm »
Maybe post on nukapedia (the fallout wiki) about fonline,someone from there might be interested in Fonline
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 03:44:42 pm »
Problem with Fonline is that it's nothing like Fallout. If anything you should seek players in DayZ crowd.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 05:08:03 pm »
Problem with Fonline is that it's nothing like Fallout. If anything you should seek players in DayZ crowd.

Yeah, this is kinda true. It looks like fallout, it has fallout mechanics, it doesn't feel like fallout.

treklok

• Deez Nutzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 05:17:59 pm »
i stumbled upon this game through a youtube vid. i didnt know this game existed 2 weeks ago now im all crazy about it reading guides and info on the wiki. social media is a powerfull weapon . make banners and what not spread the word upload vids