April 27, 2024, 11:21:56 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Simplified Charisma  (Read 1399 times)

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
Simplified Charisma
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
For leading people 3 CH is useless without drugs, 1 CH is useless with mentats. Most people have 1 CH since they can lead people anyway which makes a cheap drug like mentats useless. A simple system makes the exact CH number the amount of people that can be lead, and makes mentats useful for 1 CH players. 1 CH and a mentats can lead 3 people.

Simple system: 1 CH leads 1 person, 2 CH leads 2 people...7 CH leads 7 people and such.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:28:56 pm by Catoptromancy »

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Simplified Charisma
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:42:50 pm »
That's how it was before and nobody really liked it. Things are fine the way they are now.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:03:55 pm »
No way !
Senseless restrictions
I suggest to increase number of player in party at 1 Charisma to 4-5 players
Game must unite players

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »
People don't use Mentats (+2 CH) to buff Charisma because they also use Cigarettes (-1  CH) and Jet (-1 CH).

In my opinion party limit when traveling on foot should be always 10 (max party size) and limits should only apply when you use vehicles.
Charisma is useless and as such it should be treated since there is no way to make it useful enough to match any other stat from SPECIAL, that would not make more abuses than positive effects. So why make it harder for those who just want to play better/stronger (might even say "proper") character and dump Charisma to 1?

"But the apes 1 Charisma abuse dump stat shit vs RP happy build crafting Fallout" arguments are stupid because old players would just use proxy/sandboxie alt. For example this travel party size - use taxi alt and ignore any limitations they have to face from having 1 Charisma and who will suffer here is casual/one alt players who will have it harder to simply play together.
:facepalm

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:35 pm »
When I played years ago 1 CH meant no followers without drugs. It seems people want CH to only be useful for slavers/quests and mentats should only be a pve drug.

My original suggestion allows for 1 extra follower with mentats. Mentats are easy to craft and cheap to buy. All drugless CH levels would have an extra follower except for 1 and 2 CH....but mentats with 1 and 2 CH allows more followers than currently.

Removing a CH system to avoid needing mentats seems much.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:15:04 pm by Catoptromancy »