April 29, 2024, 06:41:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: The lack of intelligence..  (Read 3793 times)

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
The lack of intelligence..
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:59:51 pm »
I am very new to the game.I needed to set my intelligence on 1 for my build.Now i can't take lots of missions cuz im so dumb.Are there any ways to get some more intelligence?

FrankenStone

• View Profile
Re: The lack of intelligence..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »
mentats

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 05:19:09 pm »
Since the mentats are way too expensive for a new player,i've decided to create a new character.That's my build now,what should i lower for intelligence?

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:50 pm »
Luck -1 IMO

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 05:27:46 pm »
you can go with much lower luck, even with 1 you should be kinda okay and put those points into PE or IN

at beginning you may lack skillpoints ofc, try be persistant, read books, you can also pick more IN for beginning and reroll later.. all up to you

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 05:42:53 pm »
I am very new to the game.I needed to set my intelligence on 1 for my build.Now i can't take lots of missions cuz im so dumb.Are there any ways to get some more intelligence?

Your problem is that you listen to the pvp apes, because there is noone else to give advice.

For a new player, average stats, with high end and agi, with 5-6 int is best. Simply because you can re-roll later with a book of achievement for 10k caps and remake your char, and until then you can enjoy the game.

Charisma is useless, so leave that at 1, the rest as you feel like, easiest to level and enjoy game early is: medium STR(5+), PE(5+), INT(5-6), High AGI(10) and END(8) min CHA (1) and divide Luck, move a few skill points by preference. If you can make out with 3-4 Luck that is just fine.

Traits: Fast Shot(unless you go sniper, which I dont recommend) and another one, or just leave the second trait empty if you don't find any suitable.

Skills: Small Guns, First Aid, 3rd your choice, can go for BG as well, but level SG first to 175~180.

Perks:
For extra stats: Weapon handling/Sharpshooter depending on your stats.
Even tougher/Lifegiver for survival (if go full tank, take adrenaline rush and tougher as well, with CA almost nothing will hurt you from NPC's)
Even More criticals/Action Boy/Bonus rate of fire for damage dealing.
The rest as you feel like.

Also you might need to level lockpicking to 100 and carry some lockpikcs, they are cheap to craft. (In urban area random encounters where there are NPC's as well, sometimes (50%?) a white lockbox appears, that you can pick for random, sometimes good, stuff.)
Raise doctor to around 50-75, in case you get crippled, but focus on SG first.
Get caps by selling stuff to vendors, and buy some book to raise Repair and Science to craft, or spend some skill points.

Note:

You can make 1 int builds when you feel ready to PvP. For that, make an alt, keep this char with ur bases and help him with stuff, craft, etc.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:46:02 pm by Slowhand »

Vehemence

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »

Your problem is that you listen to the pvp apes, because there is noone else to give advice.

For a new player, average stats, with high end and agi, with 5-6 int is best. Simply because you can re-roll later with a book of achievement for 10k caps and remake your char, and until then you can enjoy the game.

Charisma is useless, so leave that at 1, the rest as you feel like, easiest to level and enjoy game early is: medium STR(5+), PE(5+), INT(5-6), High AGI(10) and END(8) min CHA (1) and divide Luck, move a few skill points by preference. If you can make out with 3-4 Luck that is just fine.

Traits: Fast Shot(unless you go sniper, which I dont recommend) and another one, or just leave the second trait empty if you don't find any suitable.

Skills: Small Guns, First Aid, 3rd your choice, can go for BG as well, but level SG first to 175~180.

Perks:
For extra stats: Weapon handling/Sharpshooter depending on your stats.
Even tougher/Lifegiver for survival (if go full tank, take adrenaline rush and tougher as well, with CA almost nothing will hurt you from NPC's)
Even More criticals/Action Boy/Bonus rate of fire for damage dealing.
The rest as you feel like.

Also you might need to level lockpicking to 100 and carry some lockpikcs, they are cheap to craft. (In urban area random encounters where there are NPC's as well, sometimes (50%?) a white lockbox appears, that you can pick for random, sometimes good, stuff.)
Raise doctor to around 50-75, in case you get crippled, but focus on SG first.
Get caps by selling stuff to vendors, and buy some book to raise Repair and Science to craft, or spend some skill points.

Note:

You can make 1 int builds when you feel ready to PvP. For that, make an alt, keep this char with ur bases and help him with stuff, craft, etc.

Did you seriously just tell the guy to waste a perk on Weapon Handling?

I want to see your builds, Slowhand.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:40:25 pm »
Answer is easy. Just make Luck 3 and add points to Intelligence (and maybe Strength too).

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »
I set the luck to 1,set int to 5 and set perception to 8.And im just doing fine in combats.Thanks people

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 06:42:22 am »
I set the luck to 1,set int to 5 and set perception to 8.And im just doing fine in combats.Thanks people
Good, for PvE luck should always be 1 IMO and PE at 8.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 01:28:22 pm »
Well if u plan farming enclave with one luck no bone head or stonewall then good luck.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 01:44:23 pm »
Ye, there is a big difference between 1 and more luck. Those troopers with plasma are really deadful.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 10:36:39 am »
Yeah sure I guess luck isn't as important, but won't 1 luck means he gets his armor bypassed on crits ALOT more often? Even vs NPCs?