April 29, 2024, 01:31:41 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Gun Runner mutie quest anti exploit.  (Read 3270 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Gun Runner mutie quest anti exploit.
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:42 am »
If you guys leave the Gun Runners mutie quest in after wipe, I suggest you add a Reputation constraint for taking the quest, since it is easily exploitable. I was trying out new builds with books of achievement, and guess what, with ur new char u can do the mutie quest right away. Sell 2-3 mini guns for 10k and you got your reroll cost back... so you get 1-2 LSW, 1-2 Gatling, and a a lot of "sell to merchant" weapon/amo with minimal time investment. (I even died to a Khan there once, walking to my ranger tent near JT mine with half of the gear, I felt more happy than sorry... loot from that quest def needs to be nerfed.)

Also, the quest is very easy for a level 18 burster (BG or SG) char in turn based mode.

Suggestion: (In case the quest will not be removed as repeatable quest)

Regarding Exploitness/Loot ballance:

1. Reputation required to access the quest. (That is if book of achievement does not keep the Karma/Reputation, did not check)
2.a Reduce the lootable stuff from the mutants, or make them a lot harder to kill. (They have no reason to wield LSW or Gatling, they die the same as the ones with minigun)
2.b Or add proper AI scripts, as they move in team, heal themselves, retreat, etc
3.a Also add some loot scripts to them, because currently if you die, they do not loot ur corpse, u can go back naked there and regear without being attacked most of the time.
3.b Or, if you die there, the quest location shall disappear and your quest shall fail. (best combo with 2.b and a very hard boss + those few guards around him.)

To be true to the game, (Fallout1/2):

- The boss (that guy with a lot of HP) shall have a key on him. Maybe his location a bit more remote as well (but as it is now, it's not so bad), so that you can kill the mutants guarding the cargo and if you got high lockpick skill, you can get the cargo without killing the boss, but if you dont have lockpick skill, you should be able to solve the situation with force. Lock is needed only on the fence doors, not on every container.
- Or, other solutions where you got options to solve a quest, without too much brute force, or without necessary support skills.
(Ofc, since this is mmo, you could say that getting help from other players to open locks / to kill mutants is what you should do, if you can't solve on your own, yet I feel like the above changes would be more welcome.)

Btw, once you got an LSW from the mutie quest, killing anything becomes a joke... that weapon needs to be nerfed or made rare...

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Gun Runner mutie quest anti exploit.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:54:49 am »
What? It isn't so much exploitable as you wrote. For me this exploit, like you called, with rerolls it's waste of time.
Finally we have this quest as repeatable and you want nerf it because you can earn ~10.000 caps, some regullar LSW, Gattling and sometimes +ap weapon or buffed CAMKII? The question is: How much of time must be taken for it?

1. Reputation required to access the quest. (That is if book of achievement does not keep the Karma/Reputation, did not check)
Nope, it doesn't keep the reputation. But you forgot that one of the points of this quest is gain the Gain Runners's reputation. I don't see any sense with it:
1. Reputation required for quest.
2. Gain reputation by quest.
Did I miss something?

2.a Reduce the lootable stuff from the mutants, or make them a lot harder to kill. (They have no reason to wield LSW or Gatling, they die the same as the ones with minigun)
This is regullar stuff, only. Maybe except this Gattling 100/100 but this is the only easy way to get it. You can't craft Gattlings with 100%/100% condition in an amount 100 pcs by one click.

2.b Or add proper AI scripts, as they move in team, heal themselves, retreat, etc
The best part of most suggestions - do it, change it, add it, improve it, fix it. It can be added to "to do" list but it can't be done in one day. If you have enough time for fixing or improving you can do it, go ahead.

3.a Also add some loot scripts to them, because currently if you die, they do not loot ur corpse, u can go back naked there and regear without being attacked most of the time.
It doesn't matter. You can bring your car there and regear yourself before you enter to the mutant's cave.

3.b Or, if you die there, the quest location shall disappear and your quest shall fail. (best combo with 2.b and a very hard boss + those few guards around him.)
What a restriction! Sounds great! Just kidding... :D

Btw, once you got an LSW from the mutie quest, killing anything becomes a joke... that weapon needs to be nerfed or made rare...
You have to play first, and then talk about what should be changed, nerfed, added or removed. Prepare it in other suggestion, show me your proper LSW build and I'll show that you're wrong. :)

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 11:18:03 am »
We need more quests like that. Btw didnt read cuz too long and bad idea.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 12:40:26 pm »
What? It isn't so much exploitable as you wrote. For me this exploit, like you called, with rerolls it's waste of time.
Finally we have this quest as repeatable and you want nerf it because you can earn ~10.000 caps, some regullar LSW, Gattling and sometimes +ap weapon or buffed CAMKII? The question is: How much of time must be taken for it?

To me this sounds like: "Nah, not a problem, it's not exploitable enough for me to do it anyways!"

Nope, it doesn't keep the reputation. But you forgot that one of the points of this quest is gain the Gain Runners's reputation. I don't see any sense with it:
Did I miss something?
Yes, the part where there are other quests to raise reputation with this faction, which you will probably do while u get to high enough level, unless you rerolled with book.

The best part of most suggestions - do it, change it, add it, improve it, fix it. It can be added to "to do" list but it can't be done in one day. If you have enough time for fixing or improving you can do it, go ahead.

Actually I will, unless the quest gets removed/changed with next season. I would code most of my suggestions, but I hardly get any positives replies to them, so I guess they would be in vain regarding their usability/usefulness. Also, for them to be implemented in Reloaded, Kilgore must approve, and not you.

It doesn't matter. You can bring your car there and regear yourself before you enter to the mutant's cave.

That assumes you got another set of good gear which you can continue your quest with. When you are leveling your first char, you probably don't own a car or another set of best armor/weapon for a difficult quest.

You have to play first, and then talk about what should be changed, nerfed, added or removed. Prepare it in other suggestion, show me your proper LSW build and I'll show that you're wrong. :)
So your logic is:
1. I tell you my LSW build.
2. You tell me a much better one!
3. With that you prove what that killing anything with LSW is even more of a joke with a proper build for it?

All in one, from your replies what I understand is, that you only care for PvP endgame and totally forget about the opinions of newcomers, newbies, PvE'ers. You may have much more experience than me regarding this game, but yet, you can only see one perspective, which for me it seems to be: PvE is for grinding gear, nothing else, so it should not be of any challenge, only fun is in PvP anyways.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »
Well, at least you read my suggestion and replied. Ty.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 01:23:52 pm »
I like idea about better AI and boss stuff. If you can do it on your own please do it... Also dialogue with boss when you enter his area would be good. Many solutions if player has ch/int/speech and more.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »
To me this sounds like: "Nah, not a problem, it's not exploitable enough for me to do it anyways!"
You know the exploit definition? With your definition you'll stop gain your rerolled character at low level with few Gattlings and LSWs in your tent. Oh, I forgot add - gathering of 30 sets for PvE or PvP game will take few days. Nice "exploit". :D There are some better ways, like... regullar play. :)

Did I miss something?
Yes, the part where there are other quests to raise reputation with this faction, which you will probably do while u get to high enough level, unless you rerolled with book.
2. Gain reputation by courier quest or by barter.
3. Get the main quest.
4. Gain reputation again.
It's still pointless.

Actually I will, unless the quest gets removed/changed with next season. I would code most of my suggestions, but I hardly get any positives replies to them, so I guess they would be in vain regarding their usability/usefulness. Also, for them to be implemented in Reloaded, Kilgore must approve, and not you.
Finally you get the good point of view. :)

That assumes you got another set of good gear which you can continue your quest with. When you are leveling your first char, you probably don't own a car or another set of best armor/weapon for a difficult quest.
WHAT?! Without Car? On Reloaded? At 18 level? Slowhand, pls. OK, lets see it:
You killed all of these mutants, opened all lockers (with highly luck or something because you propably don't have so high lockpick skill at 18 level), you took all stuff and you're OVERWEIGHT - you can't move, you must leave some stuff for walking only. Returning to Gun Runners fortress by foot - killed by mobs. Where are all these LSWs, Gatlings, Miniguns now? Where is this exploit? You are naked bluesuit now!

So your logic is:
1. I tell you my LSW build.
2. You tell me a much better one!
3. With that you prove what that killing anything with LSW is even more of a joke with a proper build for it?
1. Start another suggestion about it.
2. Show your THE BEST LSW BUILD EVER.
3. I'll show that you're wrong, not another LSW build.

All in one, from your replies what I understand is, that you only care for PvP endgame and totally forget about the opinions of newcomers, newbies, PvE'ers. You may have much more experience than me regarding this game, but yet, you can only see one perspective, which for me it seems to be: PvE is for grinding gear, nothing else, so it should not be of any challenge, only fun is in PvP anyways.
This quest is for PvE players, even for both TB and RT game modes. You want to nerf it because you see some "exploit" there. I didn't take here a PvPer's point of view.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »
Most of more experienced players can do this quest 8-16 times a day without reroll, but it gets boring so fast that you ending up doing it for crafters rep only and even that is not always a thing.  after few weeks you will find farming enclave more exciting and rewarding than Mutie quest.
And rerolling to exploit this quest makes no sense better buy a private mine and let them resources fill your tent with carpets of self crated gear.
-1 for idea,  this quest is perfect for new players to get some better gear at start,  and give them something to do and wait for

P. S.  Today i found there ripper,  magnum44 tommy gun and 2 leather jackets. So rewards are not always Dandy

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:28:10 pm by Awgy »

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 04:01:27 pm »
You'll learn some day that really this quest is a waste of time and not worth the loot you get from it. The only exploit you'll get is brain damage from repeating it over and over again