May 01, 2024, 11:48:56 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Weapon STR req rework.  (Read 3732 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Weapon STR req rework.
« on: December 21, 2015, 04:24:22 am »
Instead of reducing the chance to hit with a weapon that you do not need the requirements, the cost of AP usage shall be increased by 1 for each missing STR. (Since disabling the usage of that weapon based on str req would be too harsh I guess)

Might be a slow step toward reducing the unballance caused by ridiculously low STR, INT, CHA characters, along with some other changes ofc.

What do you guys think?

sam.hyde

• View Profile
Re: Weapon STR req rework.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:45:50 am »
Instead of reducing the chance to hit with a weapon that you do not need the requirements, the cost of AP usage shall be increased by 1 for each missing STR. (Since disabling the usage of that weapon based on str req would be too harsh I guess)

Might be a slow step toward reducing the unballance caused by ridiculously low STR, INT, CHA characters, along with some other changes ofc.

What do you guys think?

no

/thread
Spoiler: show

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:04 am »
This will ruin every PvP build out there except tanks since they require 6 + for stonewall.

But I really don't like how 1 STR builds can just XP to get 300% weapon skill and there will be no negative effects. Something like losing 5% hit chance per missing strength point will make more sense.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:12:48 am by Yuno-Gasai »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:23:20 am »
5% max hit chance per ST missing could be interesting, but they'd need to overhaul some of the weapons ST reqs, I remember some weapons like the 223 pistol have ST reqs near miniguns.

The most forceful way to do it is just to not allow the player to use a weapon he is not strong enough to wield, but like yuno says any kind of severe penalty will completely change up builds, EXCEPT for tanks, tanks would get no penalties here and still be uber while everyone else would lose out. I would fear in particular what a sniper build would look like after, they are already pretty damn soft.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:02 am »
Well, weapon strenght requirements are different, minigun is around 7, can be upped to 8 if needed, or at least the better versions, like gatling/avenger/bozar/LSW/rocket launcher/flamer.

- u can get weapon handling perk for that +2 str at level 3 (3-4 str + 2 from weap handling and u can use a laser/sniper riffle already)
- str drugs?
- is it really a good thing to keep all these half of stats  = 1, other half = max builds, just because everyone uses them? People like to make new builds, and for more variety the old builds must go and I hope these nonsense level char to 100, to get to max potential, and until then struggle that you can't open a random locker (or whatever non-PvP thing) builds will vanish.

Yeah, the max to hit decrease could work as well.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:54:42 am »
Waste of time for neverending balance. BTW why u doin it?

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 09:23:52 am »
-1 leave it as it is
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 09:39:37 am »
Waste of time for neverending balance. BTW why u doin it?

Well unless you are a thrower, or a melee, ST is basically just used to get adrenaline rush and or stonewall, he is trying to add viable reasons to take the stats by associating penalties to "dumped" stats.

I think that a better way is to go with more bonuses to the "shit" stats but I can understand where he is coming from.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 09:46:43 am »
Weapon drop?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:51:21 am »
Weapon drop?

Sure and CW too, but having 10 st doesn't mean you are immune to weapon drops.

Comparing it to luck for example, which modifies crit chance and helps vs bypasses, which are more common by the fact they occur on all types of crits, and some KOs still makes strength outweighed IMO, but it's certainly more important than charisma for sure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:56:41 am by Blarney »

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:15 pm »
Most of characters in game have 5 or more St without drugs (especially Pvp characters)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 12:41:03 pm »
Most of characters in game have 5 or more St without drugs (especially Pvp characters)

Are you joking now pal?  :D
GUN FOR HIRE

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 12:43:36 pm »
Well crippler is good on that server, but people dont use it often.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 01:07:10 pm »
Are you joking now pal?  :D
Seriously
Well crippler is good on that server, but people dont use it often.
I heard a few days ago about good hth crit sneakers, which are the best sneakers, but nobody plays them  ;D
but people dont use it often
You know why? I know  :D

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 05:46:05 pm »
Well if people dont know maths its not my problem,