April 28, 2024, 07:06:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New quest / weapons.  (Read 4989 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: New quest / weapons.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 05:45:10 am »
It'll be something, that's for sure. You guys should pressure Kilgore for an early release :p
Are you developer or something? If you are please confirm devs still visit forum and work on the game.

Give us more info but no spoilers ;D

lol... I've been working on this game since December 2014. So yes, I'm one of the devs and we're still alive. I was also an old dev from 2238 came back to do my part to resurrect FOnline. I've been the main writer and quest creator all year, I've got full access to the servers and have been implementing new content almost every day. 

I'm not allowed to actually reveal anything but we've done some pretty major things. Big overhaul coming, new quests, jobs, locations, more pvp options, pve options, some game play mechanic changes, and all of the new combat stuff can be done in either turn based or real time. There's a fuck ton more hours to be spent playing the game and everything is going to feel fresh again.

The writing has been greatly improved and every town has a specific theme behind it. There's a huge inspiration from popular culture, film, art, and literature. The overall tone is going to be presented in first person, in the style of film noire, and riddled with a unique, post-apocalyptic version of dark romanticism. It's kind of like Batman meets Max Payne meets Mad Max meets The Joker, but if this were a Fallout game. Karma plays a more important role and will alter the narration and tone of the game. There's a better sense of character progression in the way you affect the world, and the people around you.

As an MMORPG, we took some inspiration from Ultima Online and really tried to answer the question "What is there to do in this game?" Roleplaying is a lot easier now via the new jobs, seeing as some of them are repeatable quests doing things we do every day in game. Some jobs grant or take away Karma allowing the player to opportunity to balance the scales of neutrality in such a way that it doesn't become punishing to be either too evil, or too good.

Overall, it's more polished and more of an actual game with an actual world and things to do. You'll probably never finish all the new content before we start adding even more new content. It's huge, and the pacing has been altered. Many of the quests are level based and each town has a specific level in mind, so high level players should be spotted more often in high level towns, and etc. Players can migrate across the wasteland as they progress but still find high level quests all over. There's always something to do in the next version of Reloaded, and many of the new features reward players with increasing rewards based on performance and effort.

Strike

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:28 am »
Thanks for a good reply, Corosive! :)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 09:29:29 am »
Corosive, great post. Thx for info pal.
GUN FOR HIRE

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 02:14:46 am »
All of that sounds wonderful. Might actually have to start playing again.

DraXaly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 08:02:39 am »
Nice ;D

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 05:08:25 pm »
i only believe it when i see it ...