April 30, 2024, 12:31:55 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline: Shelter  (Read 34067 times)

FrankenStone

• View Profile
Re: FOnline: Shelter
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2016, 09:26:54 pm »
It was indeed fun! I upgraded it to the max, but then found myself without real stuff to do ingame (I know its just a demo, so it's fine).

The farm was a good idea, it brings more roleplaying to the game.
It's unique in the fonline universe and the rewards are high enough for it to be used (I think).

Thanks for the feedback! Can you think of any new features, or unlockables to possibly add?
APA , GAUSS , EVERY ENDGAME CONTENT U CAN THINK OF  :-*

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2016, 09:29:42 pm »
The only thing I think is a bit annoying were the water bag, the rest is easy to gather in big bulk with a cow. Those water bags tho... having to go around the map to find brahmin and stuff is annoying af (I know the water pump fixes that for a little while).

As for the rewards, I think XP and money were enough. Let's be real if you plant like 500X crops you get 50 000 caps every day, thats plenty of XP and money u can gather for your char. Thats still huge.

I would maybe add something like : you need to have slaves to work in the field when you have more than 10 crops, otherwise it can virtually be abused if someone just plants thousands of crops.

WantedMan

• Why So Serious ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2016, 11:29:11 pm »
Hi! :)

How to change my character with admin options ?
Give him ST,items,Perks etc etc , speed you know what i mean :?>>>

Kaaon

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2016, 11:46:26 pm »
Hi! :)

How to change my character with admin options ?
Give him ST,items,Perks etc etc , speed you know what i mean :?>>>
why would you ruin your experience by cheating :(
but ye, just type :
~getaccess admin admin
then
`param 0 0 10        = 10 ST
`param 0 1 10        = 10 PE
etc..
you can find numbers of params (second number) in server/data/paramnames.lst

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2016, 01:34:38 am »
I would maybe add something like : you need to have slaves to work in the field when you have more than 10 crops, otherwise it can virtually be abused if someone just plants thousands of crops.

See this is where you could add some interesting RP aspects, as would it be moral to work slaves in the first place, would others think less of you or would you be subject to some kind of attack from wasteland police types.

If there was a way to distinguish the player as good, bad or neutral, while he was building the farm (whether he uses slaves and underpays people, or whether he invests happily into his community and hires new workers), then the "end result" of the farm could be effected by this choice.

Say if the player has basically become a heartless slaver to get his farm up and running, then there is a chance his slaves will die instead of yielding result, or that they will revolt, or that some "good guy" NPC faction will attack the farm to try and free the slaves. Conversely if the player has been good to all of his community and made them all happy (and moderately wealthy too), then the farm will be a good target for bandit npc faction attacks, and the player himself might not be as rich as the slaver type.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2016, 04:37:11 am »
Has anyone made a successful farm?

Kaaon

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2016, 04:39:15 am »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »

See this is where you could add some interesting RP aspects, as would it be moral to work slaves in the first place, would others think less of you or would you be subject to some kind of attack from wasteland police types.

If there was a way to distinguish the player as good, bad or neutral, while he was building the farm (whether he uses slaves and underpays people, or whether he invests happily into his community and hires new workers), then the "end result" of the farm could be effected by this choice.

Say if the player has basically become a heartless slaver to get his farm up and running, then there is a chance his slaves will die instead of yielding result, or that they will revolt, or that some "good guy" NPC faction will attack the farm to try and free the slaves. Conversely if the player has been good to all of his community and made them all happy (and moderately wealthy too), then the farm will be a good target for bandit npc faction attacks, and the player himself might not be as rich as the slaver type.

This +1

This would allow NPC good and bad factions that players could join, for the opportunity to raid an enemy farm!  Kind of like a caravan, that has a chance to encounter an enemy base.

Bloodman123726

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2016, 04:23:19 pm »
Hey this is an amazing game and i much prefer it over the online version. I'm just wondering where's the Hub that the water girl is talking about because i cannot find it. Also, is there a way i can build an advanced workbench or a workbench in my farm? It would absolutely seem logical for a man who's running a farm to be able to build his own equipment and items there. If not, how can i place one? Thanks!  8)

EDIT: I did what you said with the still but instead with an Advanced Workbench. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:01:49 pm by Bloodman123726 »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
Hey this is an amazing game and i much prefer it over the online version. I'm just wondering where's the Hub that the water girl is talking about because i cannot find it. Also, is there a way i can build an advanced workbench or a workbench in my farm? It would absolutely seem logical for a man who's running a farm to be able to build his own equipment and items there. If not, how can i place one? Thanks!  8)

EDIT: I did what you said with the still but instead with an Advanced Workbench. Thanks!

Over in the Coolant Plant location or w.e is the water merchants npc. Where the Water Man is you can interact with your farm's water supply. Sell/buy crates, etc.

There are advanced workbenches already in game. Check out the Junkyard and Toxic Caves.

Can't build own workbenches, but there should be a few inside of towns.

You could also place a tent, but you won't get access to a normal workbench, even with high skill. One must stay in towns.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! I might actually make a sequel to this one day.

Bloodman123726

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »
Hey, got couple more problems. I just got all of the parts needed to make a well at my farm but i'm unable to carry all of the parts and talk to her, is there another way i can get the well?  Also, i just got the Armorer perk level 2 yet im unable to craft that tier of armors, is this a bug? Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:40:03 pm by Bloodman123726 »

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2016, 11:29:18 pm »
Hey, got couple more problems. I just got all of the parts needed to make a well at my farm but i'm unable to carry all of the parts and talk to her, is there another way i can get the well?

Just drop all you need in 2-3 loads one hex away from the girl, then go on top of the pile and press ctrl+G (pick all). You cant move cause you are overweight, but it doesnt matter cause you can talk with her.

Also, i just got the Armorer perk level 2 yet im unable to craft that tier of armors, is this a bug? Thanks! :D
You can't craft armors cause you need to have the Blueprints, which you can only find in lockers if you are lucky, since there is no one that sells them in F:Shelter.

Hope it helps.

Bloodman123726

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 12:15:55 am »
Hey, got couple more problems. I just got all of the parts needed to make a well at my farm but i'm unable to carry all of the parts and talk to her, is there another way i can get the well?

Just drop all you need in 2-3 loads one hex away from the girl, then go on top of the pile and press ctrl+G (pick all). You cant move cause you are overweight, but it doesnt matter cause you can talk with her.

Also, i just got the Armorer perk level 2 yet im unable to craft that tier of armors, is this a bug? Thanks! :D
You can't craft armors cause you need to have the Blueprints, which you can only find in lockers if you are lucky, since there is no one that sells them in F:Shelter.

Hope it helps.

Cheers for the reply, this works just like you said! Thanks!  ;D

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 12:25:13 am »
Remember it's about 100 years before Reloaded. High tier gear wasn't as easy to find.

HINT: Check out Mira's Cave for some hidden loot on the last floor.

Water Man sells good gear.

If you guys can think of an idea to explore using a new standalone fonline game let me know! FOnline: Shelter started with the idea of snow, isolation, loneliness, and greed.  I'd love to work on a new project but can't think of anything too fancy right now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:34:20 am by Corosive »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:17 am »
Just get us wipe Corrosive...

Push the admins, because you are on the inside!

That and find a PVE way to represent the wipe.

IE waves of mutants start to appear in outskirt towns, and dominate WM squares.  Then they start to enter and stay in peoples tents etc, forcing everyone closer and closer to the center of the map.  until finally the whole world map is FULL of mutants and owned, and everyone on server has a massive pile of gear in hub they are using to fight off the final and inevitable wave of mutants which will kill everyone in its path.