April 26, 2024, 11:56:55 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline: Shelter  (Read 34033 times)

Wielebny

• View Profile
Re: FOnline: Shelter
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2015, 09:41:22 pm »
what's wrong ?

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2015, 07:08:14 am »
Hope everybody enjoyed Fonline Shelter! It wasn't meant to be anything too ambitious, it was just a last minute Christmas gift I decided to code just for fun. Only took me a few days to create. Imagine what YOU could do if you put the time into it!

The whole point of this was to test out the
Player farm pubically :p so I made a little single player game to get it out there! If you guys have any suggestions about it let me know ASAP! The player farm is going to be included in the new season of reloaded!!!

So yes, fonline shelter is just the player farm all hyped up to look like a single player adventure game, pretty snazzy, eh?

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2015, 07:16:55 am »
havent checked it , but farmville eh ... BLYAT

Koveras

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2015, 10:25:22 am »
Hope everybody enjoyed Fonline Shelter! It wasn't meant to be anything too ambitious, it was just a last minute Christmas gift I decided to code just for fun. Only took me a few days to create. Imagine what YOU could do if you put the time into it!

Player farm pubically :p so I made a little single player game to get it out there! If you guys have any suggestions about it let me know ASAP! The player farm is going to be included in the new season of reloaded!!!

So yes, fonline shelter is just the player farm all hyped up to look like a single player adventure game, pretty snazzy, eh?
What did I like - those quests connected with Farm (at least those which worked wich Chinook location npcs), NPC traders inside locations already selling basic stuff and having caps, the farm thing, -ap for actions in TB, either I didn't found the "campaign" or this was just to troll us, but the boy stuff was good. Keep up the good work, I won't do same as you because I'm impatient and I can't code at all.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2015, 10:32:00 am »
Oh, seems nice. I should take a look on it those holidays. One question, what's the song name and artist of intro video?

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks anyway ;P

Quote from: Wind_Drift on December 25, 2015, 07:37:43 AM

Quote from: Corosive on December 25, 2015, 07:27:47 AM

Quote from: Wesan. on December 25, 2015, 07:18:45 AM

been 2 hours guess fonline shelter is fake and troll post. thank you for wasting my time. asshole

https://vid.me/C4nV

game is still uploading :( took longer than expected. Typical dev talk haha.

Dude, help a brother out, who did the music and where can I find more of it?

Promise land' by Hannah Miller

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:36:55 am by Ina Blackwood »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2015, 10:52:19 am »

Player farm pubically :p

Pubes lol.

I figured it was something like this, and I did want to try some of the farm stuff, but the material requirements plus the lack of places to get mats, made it hard to do any upgrading at all.

BTW what's with the Mr. Nixon doll lol! That weirded me out, like the Nixon on the forum, or the real guy? hehe

Nurglak

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »
maybe i got other version but every location was some kind of public mine ... and well there is no workbench...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:04 pm »
maybe i got other version but every location was some kind of public mine ... and well there is no workbench...

Workbenches are hidden around the world. An advanced workbench be found on the final level of Mira's Curse, and Hangdog's Junkyard. If you want a regular workbench then build a tent.

The game takes place about 100 years before Fallout 1, so the towns have not been created yet. All you get are the beginnings of civilization. That's why the mines are there, I'm showing that the mines (resource holes) were discovered first, overtime the wasteland started building prosperous towns once the world started cleaning itself up.

None of the vaults have really opened (except for a couple) so the wasteland hasn't been affected by any "heroes" yet, that's why the theme of isolation and loneliness was meant to be present; the world was a strange, lonely, violent place before the vaults opened.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:55:13 pm by Corosive »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »
OK so i noticed a few things;

The skill name changes are pretty funny in some cases (like Hope and Sports), and a lot of things don't provide much info over what exactly they do (some skills, traits etc), some we can assume function as normal but others are a big question mark.

They're simple name changes :P for novelty's sake. Hope is the unused skill and does nothing lol.

The creation screen allows for 4 skills to be selected but the fourth skill chosen doesn't get tagged when you start the game.

They should show up in game, on my PC it clearly shows 4 tagged skills, maybe you forgot to tag a 4th skill? It happened to a few players.

Upon creating a second account with the same password but different name, I was given access to my first characters base when I spawned, but when I leave the area, the farm disappears for that new character.

Known bug I decided not to fix, helps create the illusion of "insanity" and allows newly made characters to grab your first characters items easier. Without this bugged shared location it would be a lot more complicated trading items between your chars. As a single player game it's okay, but as an MMORPG it's a horrible idea lol.

The locations discovered, including the farm you start at, don't come up as locations in the side bar on the WM screen.

I didn't want them showing up. Only the glow shows up as a marker for the center map. I threw it in as a reference. Helps create the illusion of "insanity" and "forgetfulness". Also helps you get your barrings, and it's supposed to show where the big nuke landed and destroyed California. Hence why the center of the map is completely dead -> it's where the nuke hit, and killed everything around. Won't be any life going for at least another 30 years.

I walked for ages with scouting tagged, and barely managed to find any locations at all, the barren waste is great but it would be great to at least start with or be able to inquire about a close by town of some sort, I currently have no idea if there are mines or "safe towns" or anything, but I'll keep searching ;)

I'll make a worldmap shoon. I spread everything out and made sure nothing was close. The PipBoy messages give hints at where the locations are though :p. The game itself is extremely short, yet you can spend hours trying to find a location on the map, was purely for atmosphere. Worked out well IMO, until you actually know where all the locations are lol. Enjoy that feeling of awe while it lasts.

The WM time rate is very slow, in that it takes a minute or two of game time to cross a grid while walking, which isn't really a problem at all, and may be intentional, but it just makes it seem like I'm crossing great distances very quickly.

Might have to lower travel speed, but this helps prevent the boring feeling of wandering around an empty world. Unfortunately there just isn't enough content in game to really make it worth exploring every square. Game wasn't meant to be as ambitious as Reloaded season 3

And any combat skill bar martial arts is very hard to start with given most of the above points, but again, may be intentional and probably won't be an issues once one figures out certain locations.

All of this is said in love, just giving feedback :)

Thanks and merry Christmas again Corrosive.

Really appreciate the feedback, glad you enjoyed it! GET EXCITED FOR RELOADED SEASON 3!!!! Happy Holidays  ;D

BONUS:

If anyone is interested in playing more of my work before the big release of Reloaded you can check out my old project before I abandoned it and switched to FOnline. I was working on a Harvest Moon/ Don't starve/ clone that was heavily influenced by FOnline: 2238. FOnline: Shelter was really just an ode to Harvest The Sun (My old game)

Check it out/Download the Alpha here: https://htsgame.wordpress.com/

It's an open-world survival RPG with the freedom to build whatever you want, wherever you want. It's also a hardcore horror themed farming sim, plays like Harvest Moon SNES but with guns and freebuilding.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:52:50 pm by Corosive »

FIb_Remant

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2015, 05:12:42 am »
Hey I installed the game but I have a problem, when I have the menu up I can't click the any f thee buttons even the exit can anyone help?

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2015, 05:29:09 pm »
Use up and down and enter

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2015, 05:47:32 pm »
I havent played but I like farm idea I'll be happy to test it on reloaded

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2015, 11:16:59 pm »
Hey I installed the game but I have a problem, when I have the menu up I can't click the any f thee buttons even the exit can anyone help?

Harvest the Sun has it's own manual built in game. hit F1.

Unforgiving Soul

• Burn - Burn, Yes You're Gonna BURN!
    • View Profile
    • Khans
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2015, 05:19:08 am »
So my fellow Khans and I have found a bug in the Shelter. If you do the quest "Cold in the Night" which leads into the quest "Reclaiming your Throne" and you tell your apprentice that you are not ready you can no longer continue with the quest. How do we fix this issue?

Haven't had a chance to look at the code today, but uh... guess you have to restart. Sorry. Will patch soon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:51:34 pm by Corosive »
Khans - We don't need a reason to kill

Kaaon

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2015, 11:20:58 am »
If you attack death after creating char, it will kill you, will respawn at normal respawn near gunrunners and wont be able to get into farm.