March 29, 2024, 12:05:38 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline: Shelter  (Read 33807 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: FOnline: Shelter
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »
Got some questions.
Is this meant to be separate from Reloaded? Will Reloaded still get the wipe and updates? Is this game singleplayer coop?

Yeah, it's a separate standalone single player/coop adventure I made on my own after Kilgore released the new engine to the public. Reloaded 3rd season is coming shoon. But this is my own creation just for fun, to help kill time before release. Has some new content that will become familiar :P

It isn't designed to replace or compete with Reloaded. It's kind of like a DLC/mini-series in between major releases.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 08:00:31 pm »
Big thanks Corosive, I will give it a try for sure pal. :D
Thx also for info about soon release of next session ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 08:48:08 pm »
Something to keep us busy between those soon*tm timeframes? :D

Looks great, I keep going back to all the old fallouts and get depressed when my fonline hotkeys don't work, and all the new functionality is missing.

Thanks for this gift in advance, and merry christmas Corrosive.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »
Someone should recreate fallout singleplayer on fonline engine. Corosive? 8)
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 09:31:39 pm »
It can't be done.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 11:31:34 pm »
It can't be done.
It can. Technically. Biggest problem - imho - is converting humongous amount of dialogs from Fallout, plus fact that they are mixed tight with scripts, unlike how it's done in FOnline [where they are separated from the beginning]. If not that, you'd see Fallout  on FOnline long ago, as other parts are either lot easier to do or already done to some extend. Not harder than making own server, i'd say.

Still, saying it can't be done is not quite correct ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 11:53:20 pm »
The biggest problem is licence for storyline - that's why. Technically everything can be done.

Edit: There is some way, but this have to be used as mod for Fallout and original version will be required.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:55:37 pm by worldremaker »

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 12:44:40 am »
Talking about licence on FOnline forum is funny, to say at least. Anyway, if licence would be only problem some mad russians would do that already, so there has to be something else ;p
</offtopic>
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 05:02:56 am »

Would be a waste, Corosive can do better!

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 09:23:00 am »
I dont think so fallout coop would be a waste. It could be more popular among people outside fonline community because catchy slogans like "play fallout 1 and fallout 2 with your friends - download coop mod". Of course new lands, storyline, quests are much more better because of variety and new experience but if fallout 1 and 2 exist on fonline engine I will play again, not matter that played 20th times alone :)
Also license... Please. More advanced games are recreated on other engine and nobody bother. If it it free 'mod' then it is fine. Bethesda wont hurt their PR and bother game for 300 people.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:18 am »
There are some differences between "free mod" and "stand-alone game" where you have story line which isn't your own and isn't free to use. It should works like Restoration Project, MegaMod or other mods where Sfall is applied.
For more law issues ask:
- Bethesda,
- Gabe (distributor).

If they will have officially agree for free to use this both games (F/F2) then you can do what you want.

These recreated games are free to play at the moment. You can recreate for ex. GTA, GTA 2 which are officially shared for free download by Rockstar. Fallout also was free to download from gog.com few years ago, but from while when Bethesda took Interplay's rights to this title you must pay for it.
BTW all these downloaded copies are fully legal.

Other example of receation is Black Mesa Source game. To run you have to buy atleast Half-Life 2 game where you have first part of this game included and you have bought both - the Source engine and Half-Life story line. After that you can technically install this refreshed and improved remake of Half Life game.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 11:05:51 am »
Other example of receation is Black Mesa Source game. To run you have to buy atleast Half-Life 2 game where you have first part of this game included and you have bought both - the Source engine and Half-Life story line. After that you can technically install this refreshed and improved remake of Half Life game.

Isnt fonline working similar? To play you need to have fallout 2 files in client, as I remember critter.dat or master.dat isnt it? It is not my business if someone download illegal copy or use fallout.dat without having orginal game. So I see nothing wrong in recreation orginals fallouts on fonline engine.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »
Isnt fonline working similar? To play you need to have fallout 2 files in client, as I remember critter.dat or master.dat isnt it? It is not my business if someone download illegal copy or use fallout.dat without having orginal game. So I see nothing wrong in recreation orginals fallouts on fonline engine.
You can use graphics and sounds content from Fallout and Fallout 2 (OST excluded) games. You can use original versions of Fallout game engine in your non-profit projects. You can't use Fallout's storyline in FOnline and Fallout title.

Most from these graphics and sounds are included in demo versions of original Fallout games and they are fully legal, free to download.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 04:40:57 am »
There aren't any heroes in this game. Just tolerable villains.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2015, 08:57:18 am »
When can we download shelter? :D