April 18, 2024, 02:51:35 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Mantis plays Van Buren  (Read 4251 times)

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
    • TKs-Mantis YouTube Channel
Mantis plays Van Buren
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:14:18 am »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Mantis plays Van Buren
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:50:27 am »
Van Buren, the one and only F3...
R.I.P.  :'(
GUN FOR HIRE

These Ives Are Burly

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:56:38 am »
The fact that this was scrapped is almost tragic. I would have played the shit out of that! :-[

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:40:41 am »
I agree. It was fun even though it was short and broken. Just seeing what little they had to show off, I came to the conclusion that it would be quite fun. Imagine them building on it, better models, dynamic battles, ah it is just so sad that we don't have anything more than this. Truly great potential.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:58:05 am »
I agree. It was fun even though it was short and broken. Just seeing what little they had to show off, I came to the conclusion that it would be quite fun. Imagine them building on it, better models, dynamic battles, ah it is just so sad that we don't have anything more than this. Truly great potential.

There was some project to restore this Van Buren on Fonline engine even with some simple 3D models. It's still in progress, maybe one day they will finish it. I hope so.

Guys who were working on that, they were talking a lot with Fallout Van Buren staff about plot etc.
GUN FOR HIRE

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:33:15 am »
A shame indeed. But you should play Wasteland 2, it has a crazy oldschool Fallout feeling. It's not the fallout universe, but the gameplay is totally what you could have expected from fallout 3 at the time.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:04 pm »
I played the original wasteland 2 and it was pretty great. 1 character + 7 recruited NPC's (I edited the recruits so I wouldn't be stuck with their retarded builds).
the hobo with a shotgun was my favorite.

now there's a new version out, the Director's Cut, it has a ton of improvements, didn't get to play it because GPU died.

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/backer-information/release-faq

oh and make sure you buy the red boots DLC for 60$!!

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 04:28:28 pm »
many cool old games did get nice and cool reboots via kickstarter , the only shame i see is that this will never be the case for fallout since bethesda or better to say zenimax is holding the ip and they will milk it till it wont give any cent anymore.

any torment ? :D

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:32:05 pm by FrankenStone »

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:48:42 pm »
A shame indeed. But you should play Wasteland 2, it has a crazy oldschool Fallout feeling. It's not the fallout universe, but the gameplay is totally what you could have expected from fallout 3 at the time.

I downloaded Wasteland 2 a couple days ago. It doesn't run so smoothly on my computer. I have a shit all-in-one. I want to get into though.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »
True fallout fans lets buy out bethesda rights for fallout because they fuck up all their games after morrowind they fucked up oblivion and partialy repaired with skyrim (still without that thing like in morrowind)
They made action rpg out of tactical turn based rpg
Breaking hearts of all fallout fans (true ones)
Fallout 3 isnt so bad as a game but its horrible as successor of fallout they partialy repaired it with new vegas but later they fucked up with fallout 4 dont let them destroy this world of post-apocaliptic one of its kind game
Game isnt only money making thing
Its and art good game like good book or good movie can touch human emotions making it something more than pack of text and pixels
If only i could i would fight for that game as its game of not only mine childhood but also many of you
I beg of you people keep fonline alive dont let anyone forget about our small but strong community
And remember to ...
Praise the sun !!!
...as its light our way on the wastelands

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 10:57:29 pm »
True fallout fans lets buy out bethesda rights for fallout because they fuck up all their games after morrowind they fucked up oblivion and partialy repaired with skyrim (still without that thing like in morrowind)
They made action rpg out of tactical turn based rpg
Breaking hearts of all fallout fans (true ones)
Fallout 3 isnt so bad as a game but its horrible as successor of fallout they partialy repaired it with new vegas but later they fucked up with fallout 4 dont let them destroy this world of post-apocaliptic one of its kind game
Game isnt only money making thing
Its and art good game like good book or good movie can touch human emotions making it something more than pack of text and pixels
If only i could i would fight for that game as its game of not only mine childhood but also many of you
I beg of you people keep fonline alive dont let anyone forget about our small but strong community
And remember to ...
Praise the sun !!!
...as its light our way on the wastelands

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

I really like that guy already.
That's true, Bethesda's Fallouts aren't really bad, but those games sucks in comparison to F1 and F2. Those games were darker, more brutal and bring sadness/emptiness to your heart. It weren't so S-F as those from Bethesda.
GUN FOR HIRE

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:47 pm »
fallout new vegas was made by obsidian(people who worked on original fallout 1 & 2).

I wouldn't piss on bethesda if they were on fire, but if you think about it, they did HELP the franchise a lot. now we just have to wait for some real mfkers to make a new fallout 4, like obsidian did to 3.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:36:13 am »
Obsidian =/= Interplay
GUN FOR HIRE

sam.hyde

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 12:38:14 am »
Obsidian =/= Interplay
new vegas was still really good, and it would of been better if bethesda didn't rush them to release it
Spoiler: show