April 29, 2024, 09:25:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

What is your opinion on the sneak skill?

Sneaking is useless for both PvP and PvE.
6 (13%)
Effective for PvE.
3 (6.5%)
PvP viable with a specialized build.
27 (58.7%)
Sneaking is annoying and should be made the second reserved skill.
7 (15.2%)
Still better than gambling, am I right?
3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Topic: Regarding sneak...  (Read 12466 times)

RangerArn

• View Profile
Re: Regarding sneak...
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 06:15:32 am »
First of all the arguments put forward, about realistic gameplay ect., are bullshit ... IT'S MMO GAME AND IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYABLE. Try to understand that nerfing everything won't do much good. There will always be players that like to play sneak and those who hate it but you can't just destroy usefulness of skill becouse "cry me a river" topics - and that includes not only this thread.
Just leave sneak skill alone and better think about sneak perks to be usefull in all of that - now you only need silent running and ghost is waste of perk becouse you have 300% from skill anyway.

IMO its just another thread  - "I don't use it so nerf it that others won't use it either" and that is exactly main reson why I try to avoid FOnline forums...  :facepalm

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 11:30:24 am »
First of all the arguments put forward, about realistic gameplay ect., are bullshit ... IT'S MMO GAME AND IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYABLE. Try to understand that nerfing everything won't do much good. There will always be players that like to play sneak and those who hate it but you can't just destroy usefulness of skill becouse "cry me a river" topics - and that includes not only this thread.
Just leave sneak skill alone and better think about sneak perks to be usefull in all of that - now you only need silent running and ghost is waste of perk becouse you have 300% from skill anyway.

IMO its just another thread  - "I don't use it so nerf it that others won't use it either" and that is exactly main reson why I try to avoid FOnline forums...  :facepalm

...you are either illiterate or simply didn't read what I wrote. This is no "cry me a river thread", I use sneak and am against nerfs...I see your point though, no matter how poorly you present it. And I agree - you should avoid the forum, at all costs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:46:56 pm by Antares156 »

Koveras

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 01:33:24 pm »
Sneak should be a scout not a 35hexrange double shot killer from back. eot.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 03:08:20 am »

Only works against certain builds in certain situations.

Your Tank is pretty safe, but while we're dictating what other people's builds should and shouldn't be able to do...

DeputyDope

• Lead Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 02:14:15 pm »

smells like butthurt

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 07:08:14 pm »

Is the sneaker too powerfull, or your build too weak?

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 07:22:31 pm »

Is the sneaker too powerfull, or your build too weak?

Well, Farmer alt2 is best tank on server. Even that char won pvp event.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 09:02:02 pm »
Tank usually wins with enough stims (when they know what they are doing), I think the odds are in their favor of not being disabled or DPS'd down (before they can heal) by other builds unless they get lucky or take full advantage of their range/invisibility/high damage rate along with a little luck.

And by tank I mean 6-8 tank perks, along with 6 ST, 10 EN and a reasonable luck to help vs bypasses.

Also with that said, sometimes all it takes is one good crit and it can be game over for anyone, including tanks.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 02:16:24 am »
Tank usually wins with enough stims (when they know what they are doing), I think the odds are in their favor of not being disabled or DPS'd down (before they can heal) by other builds unless they get lucky or take full advantage of their range/invisibility/high damage rate along with a little luck.

And by tank I mean 6-8 tank perks, along with 6 ST, 10 EN and a reasonable luck to help vs bypasses.

Also with that said, sometimes all it takes is one good crit and it can be game over for anyone, including tanks.

les roll dices then !1d100 ...

Kaaon

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 06:04:56 am »

*7st (+2 buff +1 psycho = 10)
and 1lk is enough if you take MoS which is IMO important tank perk  :P

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:29 am »
Drama never changes...
I wonder who the fuck will play an ONLY scouting build without any possibility to strike back? If we are 10 people doing TC and one of us will be sneaking,  relogging to a pvp char  requires at least 3 minutes.
So we'l have always less people which is bad. Sneak can't do shit against a real tank and if your tank dies because of a sneaker backstabb then remake your build.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2015, 10:06:17 am »
Sneak can't do shit against a real tank and if your tank dies because of a sneaker backstabb then remake your build.

LOL!

You must have never been a tank ambushed by a gat laser sneak, solar sneak or even just a lucky alien blaster sneak.

You'll be remaking that build indefinitely until you realise that sometimes you just can't stop a supercrit, no matter how tanky you are.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:15:57 am by Blarney »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 11:22:44 am »
#pvp build #we need more TC #more pvp AAAAA #only elite #top pk #aop best pvp server #PVP

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:24:37 am by mkhammer »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2015, 06:50:06 pm »
Drama never changes...
I wonder who the fuck will play an ONLY scouting build without any possibility to strike back? If we are 10 people doing TC and one of us will be sneaking,  relogging to a pvp char  requires at least 3 minutes.
So we'l have always less people which is bad. Sneak can't do shit against a real tank and if your tank dies because of a sneaker backstabb then remake your build.

^ That.

Scouting only? Fuck that.

Will only lead to scouting dual log or fast relog.

Lame.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2015, 07:33:58 pm »
I suggest to rename sneak skill into magic invisibility
 :D