April 29, 2024, 03:12:18 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Mechanics] Party System  (Read 2540 times)

pitpo

• View Profile
[Mechanics] Party System
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »
I've decided to go clear some wastes with friend, but we've experienced very annoying bug in party system. Almost every time when I've tried to leave location, he didn't get notification about it and obviously he couldn't join me. I've tried removing cache and tried that with 2 different people. It changed nothing. Both of them are experiencing that same issue. This should be fixed asap because it spoils all the fun.

Btw. I can't believe that no one reported it yet. (or I'm just blind and this is discussed somewhere else)

FireFlare

Re: [Mechanics] Party System
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »
Do you have you're settings at Turn-Based cause that would explain the problem

pitpo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »
Yes, I have. But... after fight you're leaving turn-based mode, right? So how it could break something?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
You sure you did it after combat has ended?
Anyway, some quick workaround for you: take radios and use distress beacons. More info here (from 2238 wiki unfortunately, but working the same way except the 10min limitation - it was removed):
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Radio

pitpo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
It happened even in locations where there is no turn-based combat (cities, mines) and yes, I'm sure we were leaving after combat.
Earlier while we were rushing and skipping all random encounters (leaving area in the middle of turn-based combat) this issue did not occur at all. That's weird, as you are saying that it happens when you're in turn-based combat.
Anyway, we'll stick to a radio for a while, thanks.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:10:16 pm »
Then you must be doing something wrong because following works perfectly in public locations.
A small how to:
1. all go near the grid, few hexes from the leader
2. all tag leader
3. leader goes on worldmap
4. all click OK (follow)

And it should work fine.