April 29, 2024, 04:22:12 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Help with Slaver build  (Read 4060 times)

JiggyPlayboy

• View Profile
Help with Slaver build
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:11:01 pm »
Hello FOnline community.

So I have played for some time now and have a 24lvl char, thus I realised that in order to make a main PvP char and to continue growing I need private mines and for that I need a Slaver to mine there. I'd like to ask what is essential for the Slaver build to have maximum mining efficiency (Max slaves?) and maybe some additions for what should I add to stats or what guns should I pick to make it easier for me to level up? Post the full build or stats and traits at least :) Thank you.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Slaver build
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »
Slaver only needs max CH on drugs and max speech, a bit of carry weight to make life easier when loading minerals into your car. Slaves can be bought cheaply enough so no need to catch them, this character will literally just run your mine and with max slaves the mine will be super efficient. Leave a car at the mne to ship resources and have a safehouse/base nearby. Thats all.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:19:45 pm by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

JiggyPlayboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »
This seems quite clear, thank you, but I still have one question: What do I need to do to max out the number of slaves? As I read the wiki, it says 2 max + number of mercs you own. So does that mean that for every merc I can have an extra slave or what? Thanks.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:13 pm »
You can do it with followers too, which are free. but yeah that is how it works. Also use junk/cradting/sciencing desert eagles to level it quickly, take 10 INT and CH 7 (use mentats and beer to get 10). You should get 300 speech around level 30 I think.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »
Lower CH to 6 and wear armors with Charisma Bonus.

Or even to 5 CH with +1CH armor and mirrored shades.

You need max charisma only when you are hiring them. After that it can drop to 5 without any problems.
GUN FOR HIRE

JiggyPlayboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 06:31:52 pm »
Ok, so I'm building a character now, im putting 8 STR (10 with bruiser) , 7 CH, 10 INT, 10 EN and the rest 3 should go to? Ill tag speech, outdoorsman and any other suggestions? Plus, are there any vital support perks I should get before I turn into slaver since as I know I'll be hated amongst most factions after? Sorry for asking so much, but I really wanna make it perfect :D

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »
The other tags don't matter that much so you can choose whatever you will find useful, this character will spend most of his life in private mines and won't ever see combat and you probably won't bother levelling him after he reaches the speech cap. Just always be in real-time when moving this character on world map (getting stuck in a TB encounter could cost you your slaves and/or car).

You will want to get magnetic personality support perk.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »
More agility would be good idea, 3 can sucks. I would really lower your Charisma to 6 at least or even to 5. Use +1 Charisma Armors and Mirrored Shades, at least use this Armor to max your Charisma. 7 points is waste of SPECIAL...
GUN FOR HIRE

JiggyPlayboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 06:54:49 pm »
Understood, I was going to put on AG, but as Rinzler says and I figured, this char will be stuck in mines anyway, so if I'll get those items easy, I'll do like you say Matt. One last question - Im going for the truck as vehicle choice, because of the trunk size, but I have never had a car before and as I see I need to bring a quest item to buy it, which is in 1 out of 10 scrap cars in random encounters in urban areas. I wanted to know how often will I find a car to loot in those areas? Just want to know how hard it is to get that and if it's worth it at all.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »
You can buy car without Fuel Car Controler in New Reno, for example Buggy which maybe get broken quiet fast, but it's one of the cheapest and fastest vehicles in game. I have a good idea, Buggy cost 15k in normal shop. I can sell you one for 10k, cause I have many cars which I don't use. Deal?

Truck have bigger trunk, but if you gonna unload your car once or twice per day of playing, I can assure you that you will never run out of free space in your trunk with this Buggy.

Oh, and if your char will not take part in fights low AG isnt a problem...just remember 3 AG is somekind...shit pool of AP :/
GUN FOR HIRE

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:05 pm »
Actually, you will want ap to grab huge piles of minerals, plus for picking up junk when levelling. You can safely take some out of EN as you won't be fighting with this character. Go for 8 at least.

Car wise, invest in a scout just for ferrying ores from your mine. You can also move 3 slaves in it which is useful as private mines only last a week and you will need to move the slaves out to a safe place while you get a new one.

JiggyPlayboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
I was thinking about a hummer before. Just because of the looks. Thanks for the offer Matt, but Buggy seems to have 2x less space + I don't have the money now, I'm just planning for the future :)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »
I can sell you even a Scout Car, of course I will take caps from you cause there is nothing for free in this world :D

Anyway, I can sell you those cars as Scout or Buggy for their 2/3 original price you will need to pay in shop. As addition I always leave tool and few small energy cells in trunk in case of break down or running out of fuel.
GUN FOR HIRE