April 29, 2024, 01:31:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Looking for a Plasma Rifle PvP Build..  (Read 6206 times)

zax

• View Profile
Looking for a Plasma Rifle PvP Build..
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:33 am »
Good Morning.. (or whatever),

im looking for an PvP Plasma Build. I already looked at many Builds but theyre all with Drugs and Implants..(already wrote some down blabla)
But i want to know if someone has a Build without any Drugs and stuff like that so i know how to set my Special, Traits and Perks in the Beginning(!!!)
And also if a Plasma Spammer or Sniper would be better.
Hoping for some Answers!  :)
Kind regards,
zax
'You are simply a liar
An animal who bluffs and steals
Until you become
A bigger creature's meal'

-The Gun Club - Ghost On The Highway

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Plasma Rifle PvP Build..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:44:52 am »
You're always going have to rely on drugs if you're making a PvP build, without them the build becomes pretty much a failure. Only way you'll be able to spam with plasma rifle is in turn based, real time it won't be effective at all.

For plasma sniper, I'm assuming you mean aimed shots, personally I would use a build like this.

Edit, accidently had charisma and endurance switched xd

Traits : small frame, Chem reliant.

Perks : more crits, even more crits, 2x tough, life, brof, better crits, lifegiver or sharpshooter.

Jet and beer optional, takes all other drugs. Some may agree others disagree with this build.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:49:13 am by Yuno-Gasai »
Spoiler: show

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:06 am »
Well thanks fot the fast Answer.
I will try that one and give Feedback. So thats the Special Points without or with Drugs ?
kind regards
zax

Well i tried it. Thanks for the Build!!
zax
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:50:56 am by zax »
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 08:49:51 am »
Before of course

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:07:27 am »
My Mad Matt use plasma with aimed shots very well while avoiding jet and using psycho for better dr.

2/3
9/10

Small arms for sure.

More Crit.
Even More Crit.
Even Tougher
Better Crits.
A.Boy
A.Boy
BRoF
Lifegiver

Tagged SG, BG and EW

In such an option you are great Sniper while using only nuka and cigs (jet eventually if you want 14AP or even more with good gun and armor)
or use combo with cigs, nuka, psycho and eventually beer and you are great crit burster.

All in all very good build which can be easily changed according to your needs.

It can crit burst, make aimed shots with nice crits or even successfuly one-hex others  8)

My build can be quiet effective even without drugs...but it's gonna be far more lethal with drugs. Funny thing you only need nuka and cigs, those are cheap drugs and still you can fight for 200caps (nuka and cigs 100caps each)
Eventually instead of psycho you can use beer. Psycho can be too expensive for a new guy, but beer, nuka cola and cigs are cheap and can be even crafted by yourself easily.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:15:19 am by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:58 am »
Well thanks Again :D . Dont know if i have the time to start different Builds.. but i will try my best.
kind regards
zax
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »
No problem.
btw is it you who posted about medic build?
If you are still interested in joining good faction, PM me.
GUN FOR HIRE

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »

@madmatt   3 DT > 5 DR, right ?   so simply removing 2 actionboys, taking even tougher and jet would result in same action points and more resistance with 1 additional free perk, actionboys instead of jet are really not worth it
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:13:31 pm by Seki »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:51:06 pm »
doesnt jet gives u -15% DR ? and Even Tougher just +10% ? so it would still be 5% difference if im up to date ... well i havent checked the game for long time now.

but well all in all seki is right with his build there arent much more heavy different other options , maybe some sneak build combined with crits or high AC one but thats it ...

well and maybe hit the gaps instead of right between the eyes build if u aim not at eyez head but i never tested that thing if its worth it since the groin critical table doenst look that bad but its just theory , armcrits can be nice too ... so yeah u have to decide before u doing the build where u wanna focus on , kinda lol to see that there isnt just a simple -50% modifier for both helmets and normal armor , similar confusing stuff like  melee perks splitted ...

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:53:53 pm by FrankenStone »

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »
So .. any minor differences while in PvP.. or it is just about Playstyle?
kind regards
zax
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 02:57:36 pm »
So .. any minor differences while in PvP.. or it is just about Playstyle?
kind regards
zax

depends , i mean i never seen that much plasma builds in actual TC , since Lazerrifle is more prefered due to sniping and i played an ew char myself at the beginning of the season ... i mean its nice to have some plasma rifle but lazer got far more range and does good damage too ... if u are in a building ofcourse u can switch to a plasma rifle but i prefer alienblaster then also becasue of good dmg with 1 less ap to attack aimed than PR ...

you just need shitload of exp in comparison to other non sniper builds with the exception of a propper sneak which requires also alot of exp and i dont know if its worth to level now ...

but sekis build is okey for that purpose you see it doesnt need that super high level but on the other hand it lacks some PE to handle a lazerrifle which i would prefer in TC personally over a plasmarifle.

also dont forget that if the enemy is wearing a tesla helmet your ew will be completely useless except you got some high roll on a electrical dmg gun , so you need to cap SG too mostly to go with both kind of weapon categorys or you just switch aiming parts but its always better to got both skills maxed as a sniper , you can look up here at forum there are some build threads for snipers and u will see that they are very similar to what seki posted ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:02:14 pm by FrankenStone »

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »
Okay thanks for the Advice!  :)
Well then ill wait until the Wipe eats Everything and start that project.
kind regards
zax
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »
As above:
Even tougher +10% DR and 3 DT
Jet -15% DR and 2 ST

Depends on what do you want from your build and how much you want to rely on drugs. My build can easily fight even on the weakest drugs without buying more expensive one, so it's better choice for a new player or someone who want to make it more agile without losing any DR points. Anyway, it's just mine idea :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Kaaon

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 09:05:49 pm »
@matt / frankenstone
ye, even tougher gives 3 DT and 10 DR, difference is 5 DR but 3 DT gives significantly more resistance then 5 DR and its 1 perk (even tougher) instead of two perks (action boys) so you can take another perk too, its maybe your idea but its bad idea, its simple math that its not worth, actually actionboy is in overall not worth except for range gatling maybe
such builds as plasma or any kind of aimshot are made always with 1 ST so ST part of jet doesnt matter

about plasma in overall what frankenstone said is right, its not much used, especially not on TC mostly because of it range which is lower then bursters so almost everyone will outrange you and thats why people prefer laser, damage is like same, its 5 less roll but range is much more important, i dont recommend using plasma for pvp but its viable

@frankenstone #hitthegaps
for EW hit the gaps no way, reason is that armor laser/plasma DR is much higher then helmets, its worth to shoot arms/groin for EW only when target is wearing tesla
groin is a bit weaker then eyes/head in overall, arms are very good counter against 1 st chars but for SG, not EW

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 09:18:58 pm »
I hope I didn't get wrong your answer, but I didn't said don't take Even Tougher. Taking 2 AB and Even tougher together is possible and for me it's working quiet well.
GUN FOR HIRE