March 28, 2024, 07:37:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hiring moderators  (Read 14515 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hiring moderators
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:37:20 pm »
Hello,

We are looking for moderators of following forum boards:
- French
- Polish
- Russian
- Czech
- Spanish
- Barter Ground
- (optionally) The Thunderdome

Requirements:
- Being a forum member for a while,
- As neutral towards other factions/players as possible,
- Mature behaviour,
- Being transparent; removing only serious crap, especially in case of Thunderdome; Reloaded forum is not nazi-moderated and I don't want it to be, ever. There is not much work with moderating this forum most of the time, but sometimes trash is being posted and it should be removed,
- Well, if you think you won't be around in a month or two, then you shouldn't apply; we don't want to look for a new person every month,
- An ability to stay calm despite being the target of a verbal offense will be useful; some people can get upset about their posts being removed; you are not likely to get many thanks from the community, but you will surely receive some hate & flame;
- Of course, if you screw up, then well
Spoiler: show

If you feel you are the right person to do some voluntary work and you meet all the requirements, PM me or post in this topic. I know that some people applied for it in the past, but sorry guys, I don't remember who was it - please reapply.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:15:56 pm by Kilgore »

jokeusa

• View Profile
Re: Hiring moderators
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »
Can i haz a spot? I'm friendly and not hostile towards others!
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »
Please, let me be the part of this glorious  project  8)
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »
I nominate Strike and Henry, they're both neutral with everyone and don't participate in PvP, so there won't be any butthurt if they ban someone, etc.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:21:55 pm »
I will volunteer. I only know English though.

Strike

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 12:36:46 am »
Interested, but only for english sections.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:58:14 am »
I can help to moderate the English stuff if needed, bartergrounds and general discussion and the like, but I'd rather not moderate the Thunderdome :) that place is often beyond me, and I honestly wouldn't know how to moderate such a section.

Cleaning up old, pointless, out of place or just plain troll topics I can easily help with, I usually log into the forums once every day or two anyway, so I might as well assist if you need the help.

Valchuck

• Supporter
  • It's only a game, relax =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 12:46:26 pm »
I could focus and help out with Thunderdome. It is place to get mad and discuss fiercely, but even there no1 should go overboard. I guess I could handle it and I'm available at least once a week.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:52:21 pm »
I nominate Strike and Henry, they're both neutral with everyone and don't participate in PvP, so there won't be any butthurt if they ban someone, etc.

I think you're being nice, so i say thanks. But i also say wow you don't know me like at all. I am opposite of neutral. I am highly reactionary. Neutrality disgusts me. And i do PvP. I love good PvP, especially Town Control. Also he wants people who know these other languages, and i do not.

So thanks for nomination but i believe i am not qualified to moderate on this server now, for these 3 reasons.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:01:51 pm by Henry »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »
You could be mod. in Thunderdome :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »
Thunderdome needs a vet, not a mod, to master all these savage life forms posting there.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »
Yeah i'm a 5-year vet going back into 2238 but still i say no, i would not rule the way Kilgore wants. Best i can ever do here is some dev work, and maybe a general game admin based on my honesty, ie i would not spawn good items for anyone including myself. But for now i would still rather play the game rather than be in charge of anything.

If i ever host my own FOnline server, you will see a mod style you've never seen before in this game. That statement alone should be my answer.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:31:11 pm by Henry »

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 07:44:50 pm »
Maybe someone who is not interested nor concerned by the thunderdome.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 08:01:16 pm »
There is no such a guy, maybe except noobs...but even they will join thunderdome one day...
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 08:03:48 pm »
Charlie should handle it.

It's not like there is much to moderate in the Thunderdome anyway. Most of the time it's forum pvp inside pvp screens and movies, and sometimes heavy stuff in forum pvp. Or "cheating reports" which should be sent via PM to admins.