April 28, 2024, 07:36:51 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Field Medic still up to Date?  (Read 5009 times)

zax

• View Profile
Field Medic still up to Date?
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:10:28 pm »
Good Evening together!

First of all, im happy to see so many people still play games like F1&2 and of course Fonline.
Im still a Newb but im reading a lot in the Wiki and try to learn Basics and all that comes after that.
So there is one Question i have and i hope this Section of the Forum is the right one. (Sorry if not!)
I was reading this Article http://fo2238.fodev.net//wiki/Field_Medic and want to ask if its still up to Date or maybe there are now some Differences?

I hope for some answers and all of you a nice Weekend.

Kind Regards
zax
'You are simply a liar
An animal who bluffs and steals
Until you become
A bigger creature's meal'

-The Gun Club - Ghost On The Highway

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Field Medic still up to Date?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:29:01 pm »
No

b0wcaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 01:12:48 am »
its out of date

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 09:49:06 am »
Well, so thanks for your answers.  :D
Is their a newer build? Or maybe someone can give me some suggestions?
I already looked thru the Charakter builds Part in the forum but didnt found any kind of healing / drugmaker build... im hoping for answers.

Kind regards
Zax
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:58:13 am »
Full healer or medic has low use or is almost useless in this game, cause every build can put FA and Doc skill up to 100, 150 or even 200 and it's enough for sure. Making drugs require only 100 Doc, so...what's the point in building medic char ? Role play ?
GUN FOR HIRE

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 10:05:02 am »
Like i said, i was just curious if the wiki is still up to date and that medic stuff sounded kind of interesting but okay then this whole thread belongs to the trash can. An i dont think that There is any kind of serious rp?!
But still thanks for the answers!

Kind regards
Zax

P.s.Maybe any builds for newbs?
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:59 pm »
Actually that is not our wiki. It appears you're looking at the wrong wiki. That is the 2238 wiki.

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 07:50:57 pm »
Ups.. well then i just read stuff for 2 weeks without reason.. would you kindly tell me the wiki of Fonline?

Thanks!
Kind regards
zax
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »
(Use link at top of this forum page, between Logout and IRC, to see the right wiki).

As for RP, yes it is always going to be alive to some degree. I have an RP medic. He solos the Gunrunners super mutant quest. In Hub, he hangs out wearing a lab coat, like a doctor might. Being able to quickly heal people is fun sometimes - gotta have RP mood swing for it though.

PM me if you want that build, but i would point out what other guys here are saying. Default medical functions are good enough without focusing on them (like getting those perks and tagging both FA and Doc), so that it's better to focus on combat ability. Fighting skills is where tags really help. Some guys use all 3 tags on guns; they tag Small Guns, Big Guns, and Energy on the same character. I only tag Doc if i plan to level a guy up by crafting drugs. I never tag FA anymore since there is no level cap - getting them both to 200 max is only a matter of time.

That said, an RP medic can be tough enough though to solo that GR quest and get good items. (It also seems like each RP persona seems to insight different qualities in player conversations. Call yourself a doctor and wear a lab coat and watch smarter people gravitate to you.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:00:16 pm by Henry »

zax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 08:09:13 pm »
Well that was a great Reply, thank you a lot.
The reason is in many mmo´s i was always a 'healer' class.. and the stuff i did read on the (sadly) 2238 wiki about medics was really interesting.
The thing with the Lab coat i am already doing.. and some people really do kind of Rp.. wasnt expecting that but its kind of awesome?!
So there is not really a reason any PvP group needs a dedicated Healer? Thats a little bit sad but thanks for the explanation :>

kind regards
zax :)
'You are simply a liar
Until you become

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »
The PvP teams heal themselves. They use sstims and Doc each other as needed. If a new member says he just wants to hang out at the Gecko tent and heal them as they fight in Gecko, that player is considered virtually useless. They might even run past you at the tent as they re-gear, and ignore their opportunity for your free heal. I wish this had more value but now, in this game, it just doesn't.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 08:23:58 pm »
If your character will be good enough to wear CA, FA my people and from time to time shot bursts from LSW or Pancor, I would like you to join MFP. Maybe with time you will change your mind, so ?
GUN FOR HIRE

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:29:45 pm »
Matt, i will be very happy if you prove me wrong ;)

In fact, can i join one of my solo guys to MFP?
Also lol what is MFP? Mega Fist Power?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »
Main Force Patrol you ignorant :P

I didn't said your builds sucks, I just said if HIS character will be capable of using some gun I would gladly welcome him in my faction. Cause medic would be okay, but only field medic who knows how to use gun. Ofc if you want you can join me Henry, as long as your CCM will not stand in my way :D

For more details go to faction announcements section, we have TS and soon we will have our own forum. Something more, citizen ? :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Strike

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 08:57:28 pm »
Field Medic needs only one thing to survive, a Needler Pistol!