April 29, 2024, 05:47:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Mining Skill/Traits + Easily Obtaining Gecko Skinning  (Read 8374 times)

Banzai_Samurai

• View Profile
Mining Skill/Traits + Easily Obtaining Gecko Skinning
« on: November 26, 2015, 11:46:12 pm »
I don't know if people have already made these complaints, so sorry in advance if people have already denied these.

Mining Skills or Traits to do with mining

I find it quite odd how no Fonline server really does anything with the mining system to spruce it up a bit, as of right now, players can easily take a Brahmin and simply start playing Cookie Clicker; Fallout edition to earn some serious XP (for beginners). Is there honestly no way the developers could spruce it up a little? maybe add a skill that increases the amount you earn every 20 or 40%? Perhaps add some traits that do just that? There's gotta be SOME way to spruce it up. You could even make it so that you start off only getting 1 or luckly 2 pieces of ore, but as you level up you start gathering more pieces. Plus, this would be a great way to fend off bots (albeit for 5 minutes until someone learns how to code another function) which I know where a bit of a problem in the previous years.

Gecko Skinning
From my profile age it might look as though I'm a massive newfag, and to be honest someone will likely post something that makes me look like a retard ("omg you moron there's a guy who teaches it in junktown lawlawlawlawlawl") but I have never seen an easy way to get the Gecko Skinning perk apart from making a HOLY BUMRUSH CRUSADE to Klamath which is of course on the other side of the fucking map.

I bring this up because you essentially fucking NEED this to for the Armorer professions. All (save for the Tesla Helm) of the armor sets need Gecko Hides at some point, so I ask- why is there no fucking easier way to get it? Is there something I'm missing out? Something I'm not finding? An NPC of some kind? Why do I honestly have to go to such lengths to get a perk I should've probably got for 100 caps in the hub? This doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever and I hope people understand why I'm so anal about it.

I do hope these suggestions make it through the game one way or another. I'd like to ask you though; what do YOU think? I'd love to hear some comments about this.

Urukhai

• View Profile
Re: Mining Skill/Traits + Easily Obtaining Gecko Skinning
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 12:40:25 am »
FOnline: Desert Europe,
Skill called: Ressourcing.
Allowed players to gather more and faster ores and high tier ores.  ;)
Not available on this server

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 04:08:54 am »
FOnline2, skill name "Scavenging", capped at 300% if I remember correctly, passive, raises when you use it so no need to spend skill points. More skill = more resources you get: ore, minerals, junk, etc. Bots have barely any use for gathering resources, as there is no mines at all to gather these and every piece of junk/rock/apple requires a player to wander around the encounters and click on things.

Gecko Skinning down south could be handy indeed, but since great changes are upcoming with the wipe, let's see what happens with this first.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »
Personally I don't like the idea of needing a gathering skill to get resources. To me it simply seems like adding another layer of grinding that is more easily bypassed by making a mining alt than by grinding it up on your character. From what I hear of 2238 there were many features like this that were meant for people playing only 1 character but simply forces people to make alts to get max efficiency. On tla server there is gathering ability tied to outdoorsman skill I think and honestly it doesn't add much.

The gecko skin requirement for crafting CA was only added this session experimentally I think so that requirement may or may not stay around after wipe. I think it is good to have the gecko skinning perk giver in Klamath though as it gives a reason to go to towns other than hub and junktown. To be honest I would like most of the NPC that give professions and support perks be in the northern towns so that hub and jt can be the starter area and you must go around the map to improve the character a bit. Guys who know what they are doing won't be slowed too much and new guys get to experience fun exploration some.

Also I don't know why people always use 4chan speak here and green texting but that's super annoying. Just saying.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:35:37 pm by Beer »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 05:21:07 pm »
Fire gecko skin for CA is experiment, it will be changed to something "rare" as fire gecko skin but not exactly this. Kiloge was saying once in one of changelogs or wipe changes about it. It was supposed to make CA a little bit harder to craft than putting many slaves in 2-3 mines, bringing cow and making thousands of Combat Armors.
GUN FOR HIRE

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 05:39:01 pm »
Small Off-top... Is it only me or using Fire Gecko skin should provide Big Fire DMG Resistance. When you farm those bastards Flamer is not help full enough because of their fire resistance - Ergo. Their skin should provide same res when used in crafting... Just something that pop up in my head a sec ago.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »
Small Off-top... Is it only me or using Fire Gecko skin should provide Big Fire DMG Resistance. When you farm those bastards Flamer is not help full enough because of their fire resistance - Ergo. Their skin should provide same res when used in crafting... Just something that pop up in my head a sec ago.

As above, real Combat Armor ( canon one) has nothing to do with Fire Gecko Skin, it's only this session feature for-now or until-wipe, just to make CA crafting harder and to avoid making CA more popular and easier to obtain than leather armor or metal armor. Nothing more, nothing less. In next session Fire Gecko Pelt gonna be changed for something like HQ Fiber or something.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »
That would be nice but it would have to be a balanced amount of fire dr so solar and incinerator are still viable. Currently there is no armor except brotherhood or pa that has any decent resistance to fire damage even with crafting bonuses. I think there should be some craftable armor fire dr buff somewhere. Regardless of if fire gecko pelt is required to craft or not.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »
There was thread about leather armor mk III OR some alternative leather armor to mk II with high fire DR and DT. It will lookalike violet/purple combat armor and it will require fire gecko pelt
GUN FOR HIRE

Kaaon

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 08:04:55 pm »
about mining trait/skill its not a good thing, people would be need to make special char only for mining and forcing people to make special alts for 1 activity is not good, developers would rather like to reduce alting then support it

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 08:19:33 pm »
Personally I don't like the idea of needing a gathering skill to get resources. To me it simply seems like adding another layer of grinding that is more easily bypassed by making a mining alt than by grinding it up on your character. From what I hear of 2238 there were many features like this that were meant for people playing only 1 character but simply forces people to make alts to get max efficiency. On tla server there is gathering ability tied to outdoorsman skill I think and honestly it doesn't add much.
I barely dig any rocks or gather resources, mining skills or not, simply because dismantling shit gives a lot of resources, also it's more fun to fry them mobs carrying crap with a flamer rather than swinging a hammer over a pile of rocks.
2238's failure and major flaw was limit of character levels - after 21st gaining experience gave nothing apart from digits changing in character's sheet. Therefore I used to have like 8 alts there, lumberjack for general wandering around and crafting purposes, slaver to chase peasants for sale, sneaker with high lockpick to open footlockers in encounters, dismantler with science maxed out, thief to steal MFC's from Anklav patrols, and so on, and so on. I wouldn't bother myself trying to do it again, fuck that.

The gecko skin requirement for crafting CA was only added this session experimentally I think so that requirement may or may not stay around after wipe. I think it is good to have the gecko skinning perk giver in Klamath though as it gives a reason to go to towns other than hub and junktown. To be honest I would like most of the NPC that give professions and support perks be in the northern towns so that hub and jt can be the starter area and you must go around the map to improve the character a bit. Guys who know what they are doing won't be slowed too much and new guys get to experience fun exploration some.
It is like that on FO2, there are four professions in general, three levels each. Only first levels are available in guarded towns, levels two and three in unguarded ones. Doesn't change much, people come to get it and run away to never come back. Making more cities guarded or at least having that pathetic TC feature removed could possibly populate them.

Also I don't know why people always use 4chan speak here and green texting but that's super annoying. Just saying.
Being a lobotomized chan-ape doesn't leave you much choices in ways you can communicate with other people.

Banzai_Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22:21 pm »
FOnline: Desert Europe,
Skill called: Ressourcing.
Allowed players to gather more and faster ores and high tier ores.  ;)
Not available on this server

FOnline2, skill name "Scavenging", capped at 300% if I remember correctly, passive, raises when you use it so no need to spend skill points. More skill = more resources you get: ore, minerals, junk, etc. Bots have barely any use for gathering resources, as there is no mines at all to gather these and every piece of junk/rock/apple requires a player to wander around the encounters and click on things.

Gecko Skinning down south could be handy indeed, but since great changes are upcoming with the wipe, let's see what happens with this first.

I was kinda asking more of what you thought of putting it on THIS server. I didn't know that Fonline2 had Scavenging, but still, I was more referring to THIS SERVER.

To be fair, I kind of prefer to make alts for different things; I tend to use Loner in my character builds, so having a miner character who can use Brahmin are a must have, so I don't really mind to use alts, but hey, if other people don't like it, its all fair game.

Okay, I'll admit I do browse 4chan, mainly on the "better" boards, like the video games board, but is it REALLY that fucking noticeable? How the hell can you tell just by the way I type?

Being a lobotomized chan-ape doesn't leave you much choices in ways you can communicate with other people.
Don't be an asshole, and I won't be an asshole, okay asshole? Glad we understand each other, asshole.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 10:10:09 pm »
I was kinda asking more of what you thought of putting it on THIS server. I didn't know that Fonline2 had Scavenging, but still, I was more referring to THIS SERVER.
What I think doesn't matter as I'm just yet another plain civilian here and I like it. Nothing to come up with, move along.
Honestly now - I tried to point out that such suggestions are implemented somewhere else already and what the results are.

Okay, I'll admit I do browse 4chan, mainly on the "better" boards, like the video games board, but is it REALLY that fucking noticeable? How the hell can you tell just by the way I type?
> using chan-speech in posts
> how do you know I'm from there

Well that's a riddle indeed.

Easy to fake being a chan-ape though, as you see.

(...) ass (...) ass (...) ass (...) ass (...)
Beware, Butt-man is here.

Banzai_Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 10:53:08 pm »
> using chan-speech in posts
> how do you know I'm from there

Well that's a riddle indeed.

Easy to fake being a chan-ape though, as you see.

Okay, I checked it and I said "newfag" at least once, so nevermind, my fault, apolgies. Still, I don't think I should be called a "chan-ape" for it. Just sayin'.

(...) ass (...) ass (...) ass (...) ass (...)
Beware, Butt-man is here.
[/quote]
Well, I AM an ass man.
Ass ass ass ass ass ass ass.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 11:02:04 pm »
I didn't mean you personally, easy tiger.

Well, I AM an ass man.
Ass ass ass ass ass ass ass.
Awessome.