April 28, 2024, 07:12:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Crafting Build  (Read 5694 times)

Scotman

• View Profile
Crafting Build
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:38:03 am »
The character is supposed to be completely for crafting and repairing items. I'm rather new at FOnline, so I'd like some criticism on the build.

S: 3/5 (not gonna do much fiteing)
P: 4 (need to see some things, not much need)
E: 4 (STR)
C: 1 (lol s&#t)
I: 8/10 (for Educated)
A: 10/8 (so I can do things quicker and run away faster)
L: 10 (for good quality equipment)

The second number is just if I move the AGL points to INT or STR.

Tags: Repair, Science, Small Guns

Traits: Fast Shot, Good Natured/Bruiser (just for the additional SPECIAL points)

Perks/Support Perks in ():
(Educated, Swift Learner) Quick Recovery, for escaping battles
(Pack Rat) Quick Pockets, just to help with reloads and so I can move stuff in my inventory faster
(Mr. Fixit, Dismantler) Sharpshooter, for it's PER bonus
Action Boy, to make up for -2 AGL
any three perks, (or is it four?) it doesn't really matter
Oh, you ta lala my touch.

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: Crafting Build
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:09:05 am »
any build is good for crafting and repairing really. quick recovery is a wasted perk but it doesnt even matter if the build is just for crafting

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 04:23:34 am »
Luck also doesnt affect chances to get stats on guns/armor

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:14:59 am »
would make 10 strenght char without small frame.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 01:53:44 pm »

You can buy have few slaves / wastelanders. You travel on WM 20% faster without many encos. U carry ~240 KG.

Scotman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »
Koniko, why tag Barter when vendors don't have many caps?
Oh, you ta lala my touch.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »
They have many caps tho. If you do the whole gang they have sometimes 300k+ Dont forget there are vendors in all the cities. Check the wiki. Apart from hub/NCR where most people sell, there are a lot in other cities.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:35 pm »
If I was you I would make normal character for PvE and crafting. Solo char which can craft, fight, fast travel, barter and have slavers for private base. You could lvl up via crafting and do others activities well too.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:42:13 pm by jarok »
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 08:45:19 pm »
If I was you I would make normal character for PvE and crafting. Solo char which can craft, fight, fast travel, barter and have slavers for private base. You could lvl up via crafting and do others activities well too.

This.

Also I avoid Small Frame on any high-crafting character because its very very nice to carry more stuff to an advanced workbench solo without using a pack animal. I would also give Endurance 10 to all chars. That includes crafters since they will be targeted by PKs at adv crafting locations.

Go by this rule: Every single character you build needs to be combat-capable.

Crafting a lot? I go with ST 7 fist-fighter and use drugs to get ST 10, plus Heavy Handed. You knock down attackers with Mega Power Fist, and carry more materials back and forth.

I never tag Barter anymore - just read 10 of the Skill Books for that.

High Intelligence: totally your call. I was once a big fan of Educated, but it just doesn't matter much now with no level cap. A combat crafter could have IN 1 and have plenty of Skill Points. Remember: you will be leveling a lot if you craft a lot, so getting 2 bonus Skill Points per level no longer means much.

Perception: If it's going to be 4, then just make it 1 and use those points for EN. PE is reduced by 3 points anyway, if you use Psycho and beer to get the 20% more Damage Resistance, which everyone needs, including adv. crafters.

Bruiser: Slows you down too much. My opinion.

Also: I cringe when i see someone tagging Science or Repair now. Read 10 of each of those Skill Books, and it becomes easy to reach Science/Repair 100. No need to tag something that is near fully optimal at 100. Y'know?

Vehemence

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 12:37:19 pm »
Go by this rule: Every single character you build needs to be combat-capable.

This is the most important thing, here.

Crafting a lot? I go with ST 7 fist-fighter and use drugs to get ST 10, plus Heavy Handed. You knock down attackers with Mega Power Fist, and carry more materials back and forth.

However, I wouldn't go with an unarmed/melee character if you are new to the game. You're gonna have some troubles WHEN (not IF) you encounter some players.

The character is supposed to be completely for crafting and repairing items. I'm rather new at FOnline, so I'd like some criticism on the build.

S: 3/5 (not gonna do much fiteing)
P: 4 (need to see some things, not much need)
E: 4 (STR)
C: 1 (lol s&#t)
I: 8/10 (for Educated)
A: 10/8 (so I can do things quicker and run away faster)
L: 10 (for good quality equipment)

The second number is just if I move the AGL points to INT or STR.

Tags: Repair, Science, Small Guns

Traits: Fast Shot, Good Natured/Bruiser (just for the additional SPECIAL points)

Perks/Support Perks in ():
(Educated, Swift Learner) Quick Recovery, for escaping battles
(Pack Rat) Quick Pockets, just to help with reloads and so I can move stuff in my inventory faster
(Mr. Fixit, Dismantler) Sharpshooter, for it's PER bonus
Action Boy, to make up for -2 AGL
any three perks, (or is it four?) it doesn't really matter

This should be all you need to handle yourself in a fight/craft all you want and even pick lockers. Plus, you will level quickly. Just make sure you remember to get your Science to 50% as quickly as possible, so you can get the Swift Learner perk from the bookstore in Hub. Raise repair for crafting professions and farm centaurs in TB  while on Jet+Psycho+Cigs to level quickly.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:47:46 pm by Vehemence »

Jish the small

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 06:27:57 pm »
Make 1 endurance sneaker build
I never had any problems cause no one ever found me :DD

zinthos

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »
10 int + support perks, buy books and thats it. in 4 lvl your char is complete. and crafter doesnt need to fight

Agent M

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 04:08:13 pm »
I like Vehemence's build. It looks well balanced and easy to level and should be very good for crafting purposes.

However, Jish's sneak suggestion got me thinking if sneak capability could be combined with Vehemance's build. This is what I came up with. This build should be able to handle most PvE fights easily, although it does not have as many hit points as Vehemance's build and is weak against criticals. On the plus side, carry weight is good and it can have all the professions. I left Science skill to 120%, because that is what you need for Dismantler perk since as far as I know, Science skill does not affect on the amount of resources you get from dismantled items. http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Dismantling Getting the sneak skill to 300% will require some leveling though, but it shouldn't be too much work. With high Sneak skill you should be able to go to advanced workbenches undetected and this is why I picked the Silent running perk. Later on you should also boost Outdoorsman skill to max for faster travel speed, a few support perks and being able to avoid unwanted encounters.

Some things to consider and keep in mind:
-You can have slaves to mine resources for you, but if you are not going to be a slaver, you can take loner trait to level even faster.
-Have another character to deliver you 10 science books right when you start, so you can increase your science skill to 100% in order to get Educated perk at level 2.
-Using drugs is optional. Nuka, cigs and buffout can be helpful in combat and crafting runs, but are not a necessity. Mentats can be used to get even more slaves if you did not choose the Loner trait.