April 25, 2024, 08:38:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Improving XL70E3  (Read 3379 times)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Improving XL70E3
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:44:26 pm »
From what I have seen, the XL is totally unused in pvp, because it is bested in each way it can be used by other weapons. It can hex, but minigun/gatling/p90 are better, it can snipe but sniper rifles or LSW are better, it can rage burst, but pancor is much better at mid range and big guns deal more damage at longer range.

First wierd thing imo, It has a standart 35 hex bursting range and a sniper like 50 hex single shot range. So the first idee was to increase it's bursting range to 40, like bozar, which has 40 range on burst and 50 on single shot.

Second, it's not really usable as a sniping weapon because it's not very accurate compaired to the other sniping weapons. They all have the long range perk (lsw, sniper rifle, laser rifle...) but XL has accurate, which makes it hard to hit on max range, even with 300 SG. To hit in eyes at 95% hit chance you need more or less 9-10 perception and 4-5 strengh with 300 skill, don't even try with 1 strengh. So, the XL could have the long range perk, instead of accurate. This way it could be usefull to cripplers for the better rate of fire (no reloading needed) and lower damage (they don't give a shit anyway).

Third, it has a small ammo capacity. Most small guns can burst 4 times (p90, pancor) but XL is only 3 (3x15=45). It has crap damage, so it could at least shoot more before having to reload, lsw can burst 6 times and deal 50% more damage on low DR targets. Even m60 is better on paper builds, tier two weapon kurwa! I think increasing it's ammo capacity to 60 (4 bursts) would make it a better weapon already.

I think the damage is fine, the hexing damage is decent, not that it is great, but it can double burst with 10 ap, so it compensate the lack of damage. Single shot is a little weaker than the sniper rifle, and I think it should stay that way.

For those who don't like reading walls of text:
-accurate perk changed to long range
-bursting range increased from 35 to 40
-increased magazine capacity from 45 to 60

I think this would make the XL an interesting weapon without breaking any game balance.

These Ives Are Burly

Re: Improving XL70E3
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 04:12:26 pm »
I can get behind this. +1

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:47:10 pm »
It sounds reasonable +1 from me.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »
Do it + 1

Praise the sun and xl double hex capability!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »
-accurate perk changed to long range
Not neccesary. XL right now is great for sniper cripplers (aiming arms). The problem is cripplers suck because someone decided in the previous season to nerf arm and leg (because, why not? everyone know leg shots are OP) critical hit tables, something I was against but everyone ignored. Also, finesse could use a twist.

-bursting range increased from 35 to 40
35 its fine imo. 40 range on it would be a nerf for snipers, because they lose their range adventage and they usually have crap resistance to normal dmg (lack of toughnes perks + jet). And I dont know why XL should have more range than Avenger, LSW, Plasma Rifle, etc...

You say people uses P90 over XL. Well... XL is better than P90... P90 has slightly better damage/ap, but XL its better because its burst cost 5AP, which means more compacted damage, and less time wasted on animations, and ofc, it also have longer range.

-increased magazine capacity from 45 to 60
That could be nice.

I havent been active for months, I might be missing something.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:54:58 am »
XL right now is great for sniper cripplers (aiming arms)

As I said, but you lack the hit chance so it's not used. What is the point to shoot if you can't hit? The long range perk would give XL the same tohit as the sniper rifle, and make it usefull for cripplers.

35 its fine imo. 40 range on it would be a nerf for snipers

Not really, they have bigger trouble with rocket launchers and gatling laser, both shooting at 40 hexes. Even on a paper build, XL won't hit harder than the gatling laser anyway. Xl will just be an alternative, still weaker on tanks, unless they are under adrenaline rush, then XL has slightly higher damage/AP than gatling.

And I dont know why XL should have more range than Avenger, LSW, Plasma Rifle, etc...

Because otherwise the weapon is useless. Also it's a bullpup assault rifle with a long barrel, so why not? Plasma rifle has a shorter range than these other weapons already, it's 30, not 35.

You say people uses P90 over XL. Well... XL is better than P90... P90 has slightly better damage/ap, but XL its better because its burst cost 5AP, which means more compacted damage, and less time wasted on animations, and ofc, it also have longer range.

Okay for the range, but no one uses XL to range burst. And if you have MRD and BRD (1 is enough) you deal exactly the same damage with P90 than with XL, for one less AP and one more burst in the magazine.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:52:13 am »
-1 on increasing range. This will only result in sneakers able to backstab from farther now.

Ammo capacity I can be OK with. But remember, next season xl will be top loot apparently so kilgore might have plans for it.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 10:26:04 am »
-1 on increasing range. This will only result in sneakers able to backstab from farther now.

Ammo capacity I can be OK with. But remember, next season xl will be top loot apparently so kilgore might have plans for it.

Since when do sneaks use any burst weapon except LSW and Avenger ? XL isn't viable weapon even for sneaks now. Go back to Sootline 2 with backstabing XL sneaks :v.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 11:53:51 am »

I woulnd't use XL as a sneak, less shots and less damage. Also I didn't know XL was about to get upgraded to rier 4  ???

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 01:29:15 pm »
Actually we plan to make Assault Rifle more powerful - just like XL70E3. And then we're going to buff XL70E3 a bit and make it a rare small gun.

Then on another buff XL thread, increase capacity, etc. he stated it's fine atm

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 03:19:49 pm »
After all this buffs it would be a nice rare
And making assault rifle something more than random loot from npc/lockers would be nice

I want to see how far will this get i also have a plan to create a new weapon but i still need more data for it

Praise the sun and assault rifles!!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 09:30:01 pm »
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 11:33:03 am »
In next season, Assault Rifle takes the place of XL70E3 while XL70E3 is boosted and changed to rare item.