April 29, 2024, 03:56:46 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: BRD Avenger Build(am i doing this right?)  (Read 3496 times)

Irene

• View Profile
BRD Avenger Build(am i doing this right?)
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:28:23 pm »
So i made a crafter character and i want to lvl up dpser.
Im new and i dont know much about pvp.
Plz tell me your opinions for this build and plz tell me if its viable for pve or pvp

S:1 P:9(+1 cigs) E:10 C:1 I:3(needed for perks) A:9(+1 cola) L:7

Traits:Small frame, Bonehead

Skills:Big guns , doctor , first aid

Perks: More Critical, Even more Critical , BRD x 2 , More Ranged Damage , Lifegiver x2 , Bonus Rate of fire.

Thank you for reading this.

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: BRD Avenger Build(am i doing this right?)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:20:47 am »
Generally 1 strength will mean you need very high gun skill to compensate, otherwise you can make you AG 10, you will still be taking nuka, but also psycho and buffout to bring your strength closer to the requirement, while keeping the full 10 AP from 10 agility.

You will be terribly squishy with the build you have planned, and as a BRD avenger, you will be near or at the front line, which means you will be hit by all sorts of weapons, often before you get a chance to shoot yourself.

Consider trading in the more crits for adrenaline rush and even tougher, and dropping luck to 5 or so to boost AG. Crits are really nice, but being able to survive long enough to fire is more important.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:46:43 am by Blarney »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:35:49 am »
So i made a crafter character and i want to lvl up dpser.
Im new and i dont know much about pvp.
Plz tell me your opinions for this build and plz tell me if its viable for pve or pvp

S:1 P:9(+1 cigs) E:10 C:1 I:3(needed for perks) A:9(+1 cola) L:7

Traits:Small frame, Bonehead

Skills:Big guns , doctor , first aid

Perks: More Critical, Even more Critical , BRD x 2 , More Ranged Damage , Lifegiver x2 , Bonus Rate of fire.

Thank you for reading this.

Your build will work, but will be rather fragile. The typical tank perks are as follows: Toughness and even tougher, Stonewall, adrenaline rush and lifegivers.

Now you have 1str, and AR requires you to have 5 str. This is unfortunate, since it is by far the best defensive perk to have. You could take even tougher and toughness instead of BRD 2x if you wish to increase your resistance against normal damage bursts. Alternatively you could take another lifegiver (instead of a more crits or brd perk)

Your build will work, but consider playing around with the planner. You could always simply try out your build and see if you like it. Rerolling in Reloaded is cheap, so its not the end of the world to discover that your build isn't what you wanted.

Irene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:55:31 am »
How about this? Tankier with +5 bonus ranged damage , less crit

2 INT cause with 1 i cant take the More Ranged damage
Will the lack of stonewall be crucial?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:57:57 am by Irene »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 11:15:19 am »
Yeah stonewall is one of those perks you wont notice until someone uses explosives, then you will wish you had it, which does happen in team pvp, so stonewall on a frontliner is pretty standard.

But what you have there is the basic BRD avenger tank, its really up to you how tanky you want to go with it, over how much damage you want it to deal. Avenger with 3brd is rated very well DPS wise because its damage is so reliable, the crits with 3 brd are insane so IDK if you want to completely overlook that side of things, but i think that third brd is pretty important in terms of standard dps.

I'm not sure about toughness though, for the level 6 perk, it could be replaced with even more crits for example (or stonewall i think with 6 st), but I'm no expert.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:18:12 am by Blarney »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:37:57 pm »
I'm not an Expert but:
I would lower luck to 2, boost ag to 10 and str to 7

so 7,8,10,1,2,10,2
Small Frame, Bonehead

Perks
Adrenaline rush, toughness, stonewall, lifegiver, BRD, BRoF, MRD, Lifegiver.

On level 29 you'll have
200 BG
142 FA (10 books required)
101 Doc.

10 base Agility is needed for effective use of stonewall (You need buffout so nuka is only to get get Penalty of your shoulders). and you want 10 AP for "Semi" DPS  burster (this missing BRD makes a difference).

Just my opinion tho.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:39:42 pm by Awgy »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 01:48:20 pm »
How about this? Tankier with +5 bonus ranged damage , less crit

2 INT cause with 1 i cant take the More Ranged damage
Will the lack of stonewall be crucial?

Some will say yes, I say no. That said, the lack of stonewall has gotten me killed more than once. The builds you prefer are going to be different from the builds other people prefer. You aren't per se going to perform worse than somoene else if you have a different build, you'll simply employ other tactics.
I'd say: just try the first build and see how it goes. Reroll if you don't like it. If you follow everyones advice in this thread you'll end up with the usual boring cookie cutter build.

And if you want cookie cutter, just use the broken gatling build. (7 str, 9/10pe, 1cha, 1int, 1lk, 10ag, 10 end + all tank perks = build that does 30-40 more damage on average than a full BRD avenger, thank you broken gatling laser)

So just go out there and experiment.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 01:51:05 am »
Takes all drugs + beer, you don't have to take jet if you have +AP armor and weapons. Very squishy though so I don't recommend TB or engaging head on.

Watch my videos on how I play it, look at my post if you want to see them xD

Edit: don't listen to awgan
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:26:55 am by Yuno-Gasai »
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

SkuLL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 02:23:27 pm »
Thank you for your replies guys!!