April 28, 2024, 03:39:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Distressing Companion  (Read 1747 times)

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
Distressing Companion
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:35:56 pm »
My follower has never respawned where I told it to. It has respawned in a random tent it has never visited and another random place.

There should be a way to distress a companion to current tent or base player is in.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Distressing Companion
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »
+1, more control/commands for managing companions.

I also wish we had a command to disbandparty this_guy, rather than only disbandparty away_team. This would allow us to dismiss a newly acquired companion who does not make the cut (EN 6 or AG 7) but not lose other companions waiting at a tent. Leave the good companion at a tent, go find a new one in SF and be able to dismiss them as you search.

But yes, good idea by Catoptro. This problem seems to stem back to when we tell a companion where to meet. When i type the name of my base, i don't see any indication that it worked. And i guess that means it didn't? Because he dies and does not go there - he goes to random tent instead.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 03:45:26 pm by Henry »

Strike

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 12:36:17 am »
Companion controls should be improved!

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:47:41 am »
Companion controls should be improved!
They're actually pretty good right now. It's only the player that has to master them and know what the companion does when spawning, shooting, etc.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:58:17 pm »
The idea here though is to get the companion to come to you, rather than you having to go find where he went. That would be very helpful. My addition to this would also make recruiting faster.

Update: yesterday i got a fresh new companion and told him to meet at a base, and it worked (i think). It worked this time because i told him the name of the faction, not the name of the base (even though the in-game prompt says name of base). So apparently we should be using faction names rather than base names, although this leads to the question: how to designate which base?

Note: even when you use a faction name, the dialogue reply seems bugged.

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:28:12 pm »
This is also not just for when companion dies, but to have companion travel to you. Using a radio a certain way would allow companion to know where you are. The companion would not magically appear, but would arrive during the time it normally takes to travel on the map.