April 29, 2024, 07:48:30 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Random Enc. Hunter Suggestions?  (Read 3600 times)

Bambii

• Always Ready for some action!
    • View Profile
Random Enc. Hunter Suggestions?
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »
I'm trying to make a kind of hunter for random encounters like 3 graves with 10k in them,small vaults,dead dude under the tree,Verti encounter.  but I dont really know what kind of stats I should have for such a character, any suggestions?

Barneys

• View Profile
Re: Random Enc. Hunter Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 01:06:40 am »
High Outdoorsman, thats all.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:10:39 am »

This plus support perks giving bonuses about travelling speed. More sectors searched = more chances. 24 lvl at least too.
GUN FOR HIRE

zinthos

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:05 am »
according to first session source:

- special encounters require at least lvl 24 to be found effectively (leader.Stat[ST_LEVEL] > Random(0, 23))
- dead body under a tree also requries maximum outdoorsman (175%) to be found effectively (leader.Skill[SK_OUTDOORSMAN]> Random(24,299))
- you will get a special enxounter if all of the above AND (Random(1, 18000) == 1) is true
- you can find vertibird,  warehouse, clinic only on city tiles, the others should appear in mountainous and desert areas
- it is possible to find special encounters while you are in a car
- LK wont increase your chances to find a special encounter, and even outdoorsman increases your chance to find a dead body only.

theres a part im not 100% sure with but seems like there is some kind of cooldown between the rolls which seems to be 8 or 10 hours in real hours. of course all these might have been changed this session already. and no, you can't avoid the cooldown by rerolling.

the best thing you can do right now is to set up as many sandboxies working in the same time as u can and then move on the worldmap with your characters having 24 lvl and maximum OD.

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:23:01 am »
Traveling by car can give you bigger chance to find encouter as i saw.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Bambii

• Always Ready for some action!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 12:14:12 pm »
So Basicly all I need is high outdoorsman skill and luck is useless ?

zinthos

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 12:53:47 pm »
So Basicly all I need is high outdoorsman skill and luck is useless ?
outdoorsman and character on at least lvl 24

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »

LoL sure yes that is all, if you have a combat character and sandboxie to drive him to every hostile encounter he ever finds.

Make a TB spammer, or a brdx2 avenger tank for RT is my advice, that way he can solo most special encounters he finds.

BTW you want at least 150 OD, 150 lockpick, 100 repair and 100 science and you will likely also want good doc skill too. Some SEs require lockpick science or repair skills.

So might need a bit more than high OD if he wants to do it all in one character.

the best thing you can do right now is to set up as many sandboxies working in the same time as u can and then move on the worldmap with your characters having 24 lvl and maximum OD.

Yes that would be the fastest method of farming T4s and rares.... As sad as that fact is, sandboxying 4 windows on 4 bare minimum 175 OD characters eternally WM walking is the fastest way to acquire the best items in the game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:11:53 pm by Blarney »

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 04:34:02 pm »
As sad as that fact is, sandboxying 4 windows on 4 bare minimum 175 OD characters eternally WM walking is the fastest way to acquire the best items in the game.
Sad fact is people are trying to farm things like special encounters. Desperate hunger of items replaced common sense and killed the joy.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 05:32:41 pm »
As sad as that fact is, sandboxying 4 windows on 4 bare minimum 175 OD characters eternally WM walking is the fastest way to acquire the best items in the game.
Sad fact is people are trying to farm things like special encounters. Desperate hunger of items replaced common sense and killed the joy.

Same sad thing is that rare items are available from lockers in Reno or WH only for bigger groups of players or those who have idea/skill to do it alone and luck to do it when no bigger group is near. PvE and TB players are out of this league, players who don't like playing tanks too (Reno and WH is hell easier for bursters/tanks) So those players farm those SE as they can.

TBH I'm not such a farmer, still never found even once T4 item or implant in Reno/EH.
GUN FOR HIRE

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 02:43:42 pm »
There is a benefit to also having high Luck with these Special Encounters; you might get higher chance for better items. I say might, since i'm not looking at the code and my in-game experience is too limited to be considered a fair data sample. But if Luck effects your chance, for example, to get a Power Armor in the implant bunker SE, then i would guess having the Treasure Hunter perk might also help.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 10:13:38 pm »
Luck doesnt affect that.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:03 am »

Yeah I know what you mean, but the whole "nolifer" argument just doesn't apply, sometimes people just have time to try it, or go out of their way to do it.

If there is a way, even if it is the slimmest damn chance, of finding "rare" items (items that cannot be crafted, found in common locations or bought from vendors), people will try for it, I mean the rewards are so fucking huge, why wouldn't they? Then after a while, people find the "fastest" or one of the fastest methods of "farming" such a % chance and that becomes the standard.

That is just part of meta-gaming in general, you can't expect people not to utilise the "best" methods of doing stuff, and you can't expect people not to communicate with eachother.

What creators can do is limit and control those "best methods" whatever they may be, for the example of the SE "farming" method mentioned above, the most obvious solution would be to remove the rare item spawn chance from SEs entirely, sure that creates problems of its own, but they can be fixed in other ways.

From experience, and I travel around the map often, the only SE i have encountered while playing on my main was a nuka truck. It wasn't until I made a specific character to hunt SEs and spent hours walking the map before I found any SE of value... I don't think that is an effective way of stopping the flow of rares, it certainly slowed the flow, but if you take a look these days, there is no lack of PA floating around and some people have dozens of implants to themself.