April 29, 2024, 06:47:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New quest / weapons.  (Read 4990 times)

Hrothgar

• View Profile
New quest / weapons.
« on: October 28, 2015, 08:21:14 am »
Yo. I am old player from 2238 , Desert Europe and some others servers. I like what you did here, but you need more quest and weapons (especialy quest's , i am not eager to do much PVP , since i had plenty of that on last server i played). Quest's are important, because dont all players do PvP (or dont want do all time PvP), and/or are not good in that. They're for new players too, because they're constantly killed by maxed players on Wastelands. Without quests they can lost interest in game. And without them , game slowly die.

mkhammer

• View Profile
Re: New quest / weapons.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 09:59:20 am »
Yo. I am old player from 2238 , Desert Europe and some others servers. I like what you did here, but you need more quest and weapons (especialy quest's , i am not eager to do much PVP , since i had plenty of that on last server i played). Quest's are important, because dont all players do PvP (or dont want do all time PvP), and/or are not good in that. They're for new players too, because they're constantly killed by maxed players on Wastelands. Without quests they can lost interest in game. And without them , game slowly die.
"plz add more content or reloaded will die"
Go and make those things.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:08:56 am »
Hrothgar, we know about it already. Remember this game is made by devs in their free time for free. They don't get any pay for doing it. It you want more features etc.you need to work on it on your own or ask someone from your friends to make it. This game is truly made for gamers by gamers...
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:40:53 pm »
You are old player but you dont know basic rule of server development.... Everyone who plays fonline more than year know quests and lack of pve content is nightmare. Instead of repeating things we know make your hands dirty and start doing something more detailed. Wanna quest? Write, something, idea or whatever. Last month I did my first quest idea with three maps. Doing everything took many hours and beers but finally I got something which can be seen in game.

More similar threads to http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9075.0 would help. More developers also.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Hrothgar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 10:55:12 am »
I have a sugestion of quest, but i suck in programming and dont even know where to start. and i dont believe much in my english to reliably translate it.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 06:18:24 pm »
I have a sugestion of quest, but i suck in programming and dont even know where to start. and i dont believe much in my english to reliably translate it.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=29529.0
There is the mapper. Mix it with a bit of theorical practice and you should have yourself a quest. Leave the programming to the devs if they accept your creations. :)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 07:23:57 pm »
I have personally added (lost track in May) over 100 freakin quests. Don't worry. Just wait for the new big ass update coming. 21+ pages in word concerning new changes by me alone. This isn't including what the others have done. Just be patient. It takes time to create a game lol.

The information I've added to the PipBoy Log and Device alone is 3x more writing than there was originally. The game is going to be huge! Its pretty much a new Fonline game, you won`t recognize 2238 or Reloaded anymore once the new session is released. It will be the new FOnline Server to set the standard for the others.

And no, we didn`t just add stupid fetch quests, and generic crap. Everything is unique, and post- apocalyptic.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »
I have personally added (lost track in May) over 100 freakin quests. Don't worry. Just wait for the new big ass update coming. 21+ pages in word concerning new changes by me alone. This isn't including what the others have done. Just be patient. It takes time to create a game lol.

The information I've added to the PipBoy Log and Device alone is 3x more writing than there was originally. The game is going to be huge! Its pretty much a new Fonline game, you won`t recognize 2238 or Reloaded anymore once the new session is released. It will be the new FOnline Server to set the standard for the others.

And no, we didn`t just add stupid fetch quests, and generic crap. Everything is unique, and post- apocalyptic.

Looking forward to it.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 07:59:20 pm »

It's gonna change our lives forever...
GUN FOR HIRE

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 08:04:42 pm »
It'll be something, that's for sure. You guys should pressure Kilgore for an early release :p

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 08:26:09 pm »
It'll be something, that's for sure. You guys should pressure Kilgore for an early release :p

I don't think so that pressing on him is good thing...but on the other side...
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 02:37:47 pm »
Are you developer or something? If you are please confirm devs still visit forum and work on the game.

Give us more info but no spoilers ;D
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zinthos

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 02:54:30 pm »
i'd say that a faster solution would be like implementing major features within the wipe, and the small-medium sized changes could come in waves of updates or something like this, so the wipe could come earlier. just an example: in previous season the Grenade launcher was added months after the wipe (maybe weeks, not 100% sure). it is still a weapon that is used widely and has a major effect on fights by providing an SG equivalent of the rocket launcher - therefore it can be counted as a game-changer update but not neccessary to be there from the start of the session.
or maybe you guys already planned it like this, only the base wipe changelog is large enough to last it this long :D

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 09:12:12 pm »
Are you developer or something? If you are please confirm devs still visit forum and work on the game.

Give us more info but no spoilers ;D

We are.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 09:18:33 pm »