April 29, 2024, 04:13:49 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Energy Weapons  (Read 2570 times)

Tacsa

Energy Weapons
« on: October 25, 2015, 07:49:10 pm »
Tried making a energy weapons build.

Strength 1
Perception 9
Endurance 10
Charisma 1
Intelligence 4
Agility 10 (With Small Frame)
Luck 6

Tag Skills: Energy Weapons 280, First Aid 116, Repair 110

Traits:Small Frame

Perks
More Crit
Even More Crit
Sharpshooter
Lifegiver x3
Right between the eyes
Bonus Rate of Fire

I tried to make it as a Energy weapons sniper sort of. Made it with either plasma or laser rifle in mind.
My first build so I would appreciate any tips or things like that.
I would also like to see if anyone else has any other energy weapon builds to share.

Thanks

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Weapons
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:22:00 pm »
Dump all INT and put rest to luck. 10 luck a must for snipers.

Since you're gonna be using laser rifles, you can get away with 8 PE+cigs+ sharpshooter since you'll have 53 sight range with this combo.  You should probably take chem reliant for the 2nd trait. Don't take repair, tag doctor just incase you're in a battle with other snipers. If you're gonna use this for PvE I suggest taking gatling/laser rifle. YOU LACK BETTER CRITICALS, ALWAYS TAKE THIS PERK. DROP 3rd LIFEGIVER AND TAKE IT.

3rd lifegiver not worth it, especially with the lifegiver changes. You'll have 261 HP with only the 2nd LG and its enough for a sniper. RBTE is something I'm ehh about, I don't notice a difference when I had builds with it and builds without it.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Kaaon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:50:00 pm »
agree with yuno,
int -> lk
3rd lg -> better crit
rest is fine, maybe bonehead as second trait or if you dont want to lose 1 special point then loner or chem reliant

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 04:16:34 am »
Whats with Int being a dump stat? At what lvl do skills actually become usable with so few points to play with? I feel like this is only a viable option for the folks who have a ton of free time and friends to help them rank up.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:52:35 am »
It's possible and it's done since leveling is not a big deal. You can make a leveling char with Loner (10%) and Educated perk (10%) and you go to the desert kill centaurs with XL, P90, Flamer or minigun. It's called power leveling and it's one of the reasons why many 1 int builds work.

Also, 1 int builds are fully PvP intended most of the times.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »
It's possible and it's done since leveling is not a big deal. You can make a leveling char with Loner (10%) and Educated perk (10%) and you go to the desert kill centaurs with XL, P90, Flamer or minigun. It's called power leveling and it's one of the reasons why many 1 int builds work.

Also, 1 int builds are fully PvP intended most of the times.

Pyromaniacs + Solar Scorcher or Unique Imp. Flamer is overkill. You kill whole group of floaters/centaurs within 2 flames.