April 28, 2024, 11:33:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New map for pvp?  (Read 7438 times)

NeedALight?

• View Profile
Re: New map for pvp?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 05:30:03 pm »
At the moment your map without any idea could work as random encounter.

Map too detailed to be random encounter. Reloaded needs more quests like GR mutant quest but for low levels.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »
Every PvP area will be visited by veterans, groups of PKs etc etc. There is no solution for it wherever you'll put this location - near the Hub or next zone from New Reno. Actual players (both - these old and these new) are looking for PvE and main story line in FOnline.

3 x yes
There are many people almost crying for more PvE content. Especially for dungeons etc. Remember Fonline server have PvE and PvP players. Some of them want to play dungeons without fighting against players. For now the only safe dungeon is mutant quest and almost safe from players is V15. When you walk in Reno, WH or Ares than there you have high chances to meet few players, and you can be sure your gun will have use.

At the moment your map without any idea could work as random encounter.

Map too detailed to be random encounter. Reloaded needs more quests like GR mutant quest but for low levels.

I agree more quests like this from GR would be nice, but why only low level? To level up etc there is a plenty of other ways. Who will be taking those quests? You have already Brahmin hendersman job in NCR which is done rarely by players. More quests yes, but at least hard as those from mutie quest.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:37:29 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 05:34:19 am »
Sweet map :)

I will also rate it a "would pvp on/10"

Looks quite like a GR location, but there is already quite a few locations including WH there, so as for WM position, close to Hub or JT might be better (the forced encounter rate near GR may turn off lower level players from bothering).

I say call it "Abandoned Church", add a few non hostile hobo npcs wandering around along with some DCs in the church (guarding the locker), or possibly fill the map with wandering golden geckos.. Or, maybe make a bunch of hostile hobos squatting in the church.

Does that church have windows?

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »
For more PvE content I did small suggestion http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9075.0 More similar quests gonna happen I will continue storyline.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »
Lets keep in mind that many "useless" location will have new quests next session.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »
For more PvE content I did small suggestion http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9075.0 More similar quests gonna happen I will continue storyline.

It is great quest for which making I would buy you a beer in RL, but why its avaiable only once </3
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 01:24:47 am »
I agree more quests like this from GR would be nice, but why only low level? To level up etc there is a plenty of other ways. Who will be taking those quests? You have already Brahmin hendersman job in NCR which is done rarely by players. More quests yes, but at least hard as those from mutie quest.

I agree here, the mutie quest is one of the few actual quests I did to level up my character and get items, more quests like it would be much preferable than low level ones to me personally.

I had always figured there needed to be a deathclaw based daily quest, where you go to kill a nest and den mother, and where the focus of the reward is XP instead of fat loot like mutie quest is.

Either way new content is always nice.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:27:37 am by Blarney »

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »

I agree here, the mutie quest is one of the few actual quests I did to level up my character and get items, more quests like it would be much preferable than low level ones to me personally.

I had always figured there needed to be a deathclaw based daily quest, where you go to kill a nest and den mother, and where the focus of the reward is XP instead of fat loot like mutie quest is.

Either way new content is always nice.

More quests on all level stage, from early game to late game. Harder quests for high levels characters. Both one time and repeatable. For repeatable add random loot and enemies, more variety more fun.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 11:56:20 am »
Added the hex blockers and exit grids and some stuff here and there

Link for download :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00618673836130077084

It is free to use of course as long as you credit me and dont forget to mention how great and powerful i am.

Donations are also appreciated, i tke visa / mastercard up to 5000 dollars Thx =)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:58:28 am by Johnny »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 12:45:33 pm »
well i think you dont map that often , this map is some nice basis i think but there are multiply things i dont like and some failures.

so let me start ... when i load the map with the latest reloaded sdk it shows some red obstacles at fences , did u used old 2238 mapper ? , you used wrong blocking hexes most the time ( instead of secret blocking hex (green "s") u used the yellow wall one (yellow "w") theres some good tutorial from rikers on fonline2 forum from which i copy the blocking hex section later here.

on your map people can walk on water , aka jesus reincarnations...

now about style , i like some ideas of the map , really good stuff ... but there are few problems which should be worked on in my opinion. tileset fot garage looks odd , i mean its just my opinion it can also work with raod tileset but i dont like it.

the city ruins got only the curb tileset , i say its also possible ... nothing is forbidden but my taste goes more into the classic road , curb mix.

the garage walls are too close to the other building walls ; too many vehicles on the small street all lined up ; too less stuff in rooms , buildings , press more often also F3 and fill some corners , i cant remember seeing any packages around (only 1 in the garage) ; general size of map is too small in my opinion , if its pvp orientated map snipers will have a hard time due to its small size (press ctrl+s in mapper check how far you can zoom out and if scrollblockers are working like intended) ; also the roofs looking too much the same without any holes in them , i see that u tried to compensate that with adding a san fran styled building in there but im unsure if it fits , im also unsure if its even an san fran house , better load the san fran map and check again , in general your roofwork needs some rework (if i would map for reloaded i would go with reno type of roofs or hub ones there are enough rooftiles anyway to grand some nice variety , so just load reno up and check how they arranged the roof [its 2 sides with tiles that pretend to look like the building is cut and the other 2 sides are open mostly]) , the bridge doesnt make sense with the tileset u choose , i mean theres a street and then its changing to something else , solution would be to contiinoue the street tiles and just put the tiles u used at each side of it to let it look like some passangerpassage ( making it brighter).

other than that its cool and might be usefull if everything gets fixed and overhauled ... its for sure some neat idea and good basis. (but no cookies this time)

here are the blockerstuff:

you should check more vanilla maps also to see where u have to place what.

Source: http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=5821.0

lel i also get appcrashes when i try to copay paste some tiles and move them :^) , i wanted to show you how i imagined the bridge but well my mapper crashes gg
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:03:31 pm by FrankenStone »

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »
I think i use the old 2238 probably yes but i think its okay for reloaded.

Yeah i remember now completly forgot about the water.

About the hexblockers thx for this screen didnt know that.
For the roofs i dont think ill redo all the roofs to be honest, adding some crates like you suggest is okay, your idea for the bridge is okay as well i will try that. The tiles i used for the garage if i remember are used in some vanilla map in 2238 cant remember where i saw them tho but ill check in other maps. What did you mean wich tiles should be used for this garage floor?

After the size of the map didnt really seem like a problem i mean compared to new reno comercial its filled with more stuff different areas seemed cool. After it can be something else i dont know a quest or something.

But the size will stay that way. When im done with adding stuff like you said and redoing the hexblockers ill post a final link and if you ( or anyone ) want to redo and submit it again you can cause to be honest ive kinda lost interest in this stuff.

Thx for the feedback constructive and all ill repost a screen and a link when ill remap dont know when tho.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 08:15:34 am »

I rather have some easily accesible area, near hub for example.
Gotta lower the fence so people are more inclined to give pvp a try.

Throw some shitty locker in there that spawns super stims or something for good measure. I'm sure it would be a nicely active area for pvp.

99% of players, newcomers, are forced into PvP by wasteland. They are being hunted pretty much all time near Hub and playing there to gather resources to start good life is PITA. Now, the game is to much centred around Hub, me thinks.

There is already location Chemical Site above Modoc which coul;d really be usefull, with some easy accesible chests with SS, drugs and chemical components and people could live around Modoc or Vault City.
Freelancer

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:07 am »
I think devs already planned something for Tal-Chem, but anyway your idea is worth to be noticed.
GUN FOR HIRE

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 11:56:32 am »
There's no need to put new PvP area in this game, coz they will be empty without PvP players on the server. Another thing is PvP activity what we have on Reloaded. We have Town Controll system, some grounds with spawner like Warehouse or New Reno with slag NPCs or Hinkley for PvP training (whatever it means). I can't count Glow or Ares because these locations as PvP sucks well and they should be PvE only (I hate elevators in this game).

When players will get a brand new PvP location with another "Reno locker" they will camp inside and wait for spawn all the time. One faction in Glow, one in Reno, one in Warehouse, one in somewhere else. There's even no need to keep the towns all the time. TC rewards also sucks well and if you are too tired for longer play, these towns will be retaken without any PvP fight. Yeah, it sucks too without TC windows.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 02:21:28 pm »
Events remek. Remember how 2238 had those pvp events? A map like this would be good for it.