April 26, 2024, 10:58:50 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Ability to set an Encounter  (Read 3247 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Ability to set an Encounter
« on: October 17, 2015, 03:50:55 pm »
I wonder if it would be possible to set an encounter, that players would have to OD roll to escape/avoid like a typical encounter.

Pick a square,  Set up your group, that has a maximum of 3. (As a larger group would just get spotted/ignored,  OR larger groups have lower OD threshold).  Perhaps use a feature like distress for a check and to set it.

It would make it possible to siege Towns, with a large enough group.  Yes, many will get through, some will not :)

You could also -mandate- it such that it's RT, giving players an opportunity to escape.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:53:40 pm by Gargantua »

OldBoy

• View Profile
Re: Ability to set an Encounter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »
Set an encounter by trap skill on wm?

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:01 pm »

This just seems like a waste of dev's time to implement. Also you got flares to make encounters.
Spoiler: show

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
+1 for idea, but let choose player making this encounter to set if he wants to be it a trap encounter or hidden encounter, harder to see without high roll with high OD skill.

Anyway it should have still low priority, but idea is good.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »

This,  pits OD vs Traps,  great suggestion.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 07:14:17 am »

This,  pits OD vs Traps,  great suggestion.

That would be really interesting to see, making use of the trap skill a bit more too.

But I assume people will just make max OD and max trap taxi alts to drive past you.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 08:41:18 am »
It should be the other way around, people would need an OD check to find you.
In Maintenance Mode.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:13:33 am »
Maybe something like this:
3 chars with 50% traps each set a trap encounter with summary 150% trap value.
First char with less than 150% OD skill or group chars with summary less OD skill than trap value "enter" the trap with 0 ap(RT) or moving last(TB) and char/group that set a trap enter with full ap(RT) and moving first(TB).
If you/your group have more than 150% OD skill you get a message like "you find a trap set by player1/group of player1. You want to enter it?". In that case you enter with full ap(RT) or moving first(TB) and char/group that set a trap enter with 0 ap(RT) or moving last(TB) ?

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 04:06:52 pm »
when someone is looking for pvp he shouldnt search for some random newbies in encounters near hub/boneyard but main object of pvp should be pvp features like TC or hinkley (more will be added in next season), improving this would just lead into killing even more players which are new or dont even want to fight since every player which want to fight will enter encounter anyways so adding OD check is pointless
OD check was there before and it was removed because newcomers was dropping into traps near hub
so from me -1, if you want more pvp, use pvp features, i will not support any idea which will support killing newbies

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 04:54:08 pm »
when someone is looking for pvp he shouldnt search for some random newbies in encounters near hub/boneyard but main object of pvp should be pvp features like TC or hinkley (more will be added in next season), improving this would just lead into killing even more players which are new or dont even want to fight since every player which want to fight will enter encounter anyways so adding OD check is pointless
OD check was there before and it was removed because newcomers was dropping into traps near hub
so from me -1, if you want more pvp, use pvp features, i will not support any idea which will support killing newbies

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
I could explain in detail why this idea is bad.

But i'm just going to point to Seki's post and agree with that.
The OP doesn't want pvp, the OP wants to play bully. If you really wanted pvp you would go to Reno and do TC.

-1 to this suggestion.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 08:31:34 am »
Yes I made the point that people will just use max traps and OD taxis, but that would only NOT apply to noobs, so the main victims of such traps would be lone new players. Good point seki.

How about an idea for setting an encounter trap specific to caravans, say you begin an encounter near a caravan route or two, one of the players sets a specific trap and the next caravan that travels within a square of that square gets forced into it. Players that run into the encounter alone get a normal warning about a player or group encounter.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 03:21:32 pm »
Hm. blarney you got me thinking about an idea. maybe you can join some kind of raider party. It will be the same as a normal caravan except the caravan npcs will attack everything you encounter and caravan circles back to end where it starts. This caravan can have a chance of running into a normal caravan and each caravan is hostile to players in the other caravan. I dont think it would be too hard to make since its basically just a normal caravan with different npcs and a little different aggression.

You could even have caravans change colorizing of people in your caravan(like hinkley teams) so you know who the enemies are. Only problem would be for people who dont want their caravans to be pvp. Maybe just have special caravans of BOS or navarro enclave that leave from their base and those are the only ones that can be attacked(they would be same as normal caravans not guards in pa with gatlings). Both bos/enclave and raider caravans leave at same time and have routes that intersect somewhere and 50% chance of encountering each other. Maybe make raider caravan npcs a little weaker so defenders can have advantage.

From my small understanding of making this stuff it seems like it wouldnt be super hard to make since most of this stuff is already in game in some form. just not put all together. It would add some new kind of pvp/pve and would be fun for pk and antipk guys.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:23:16 pm by Beer »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »
If the world map's pvp was limited to caravans it'd be more realistic and better for newbies.

If I'm in a cave in the middle of no where, there's no chance of someone who's not looking for caves to find me.
But if I was part of a huge train of cows in an open field ditto raiders.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 07:48:40 pm »
No the way pvp works world map now is fine. The caravan pvp should be an addition, not a replacement.