April 29, 2024, 09:24:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: game to easy and to much trash/junk in towns - needs fixing  (Read 1906 times)

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
game to easy and to much trash/junk in towns - needs fixing
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:50:56 am »

minerals are available to everyone from day 1

Minerals should be something rare, those HQ and those LQ
where is the scavange part in this? ill just mine some crap with my lv6 mule (max 333 CW)
make few runs in windowed mode when im watching dexter or some other movie and viola im lv 22 from making 500x5mm ammo for some time - 0 effort, 0 scavange, 0 exploration

self healing magic minerals need to go - to uch trash in the market because of that

solution?

make mines spawn as a random encounter with a fireplace that can be upgraded to a better one that can make maps to it - will need max or close to max outdoors

this will make outdoors skill a source of income - people can sell mine locations!

mines will be HQ and LQ and mix with low ammount of it (8 nodes) medium 20 nodes and huge 50 nodes

all mines will have max 4 respawns per ore with random content

ofc. HQ minerals and HQ iron will have 60% less of nodes and 50% less spawns

this will make crafted eq matter more will make players think before they will sell that +20% min and max dmg CAWS/Laser rifle/avenger minigun to the store

and most importantly MUCH MORE LESS JUNK IN STORES and i will not see a bartender with 1435245 10mm bullets - he would need a truck to have so much, and im pretty shure this ammount of ammunition in a bar is a health hazard.

footlockers are in almost every encounter
i studied this subject on the forums and in game with many hunters
while i tend to belive its somewhat luck based im not 100% shure
what i am shure is that no atter where you farm you get the same loot
and only if you are lucky as jesus you will get something noteworthy
good system to farm BPS - they are not so comon, only 2 per hour with 4 luck and scav perk

but still accses to them is so easy esp. near the bos bunker - i just go in there naked and pick the hell out of it.

NO this is wrong. encounters with lockers should be trial by fire to get that locker, re work the enc maps (if possible or replace them with those from F1/F2) that they will have a small/meduim/large maze to get to them, you would have to pick locks on doors look for traps, explore basements and stuff - right now i just launch Fonline reloaded fullscreen 1980x1080 every 15 sec or so i get an enc with BoS and Junk town scounts and in an instant (with that green circle mod which is awesome) i can see if there is a chest here or a car here or not - if not i just leave

if we would have to explore basements of those homes in search of those lockers, fight off neutrals or hostile mobs in there pick loked doors and disarm traps that former residents left there or just loone stalkers  just to get to the END ROOM with the footlocker - that would be cool and imersive

every 3rd cave i enter has either a Turbo plasma or a lil jesus

managed to hoard quite the ammount of them by now now when i get a TPR i just dismantle it

how to fix it? Make nodes of rocks intractable so we can aproach them and use the HAND icon on them and based on out outdoors and luck we could find stuff in there, and based on our find npc's spawn from lowly rats for a single stimpack spawn to aliens or other bad mofos for an turbo plasma. Immersive, simple, elegant. And you are NEVER shure if this cave is inhabited - a side sugestion - if we use exposives in the mines - like land mines,rockets, or even galting lasers, miniguns in rare uber unlucky ocasions some smaller calibers - cave would collapse leavin us dead or trapped. a proper warning would be displayed first that the player has like 10 or 50 seconds (depending on the caliber or type of explosive used) to get the fuck away from here - imagine that you try to loot that sweet ass robes from those loose rocks and you have 2 deathclaws running towards you and the cave will coe down on ye like old god on some cities from the old testament.

Choices - strategy - cave specialization builds /mele and sneak/

night time (i work 24/48 so i got time to spook when you all are asleep) is free HQ minerals and HQ iron in gecko, happy hour

neutrals in hq mines are a jest when i first entered there (gecko and broken hills mine) i was packing enough firepower to level down a building or two - and a sledgehamer

but only thing i found was a miserable deathclaw with 2 babies some roaches and some geckos - thats just wrong - HQ endgame mats are not to be aquired by a lv2/3 noob

the ONLY danger is the pvp'ers -  dont get me wrong i play alot of eve online - free piracy is a profession like any other. but thats the only danger - nothing more.

One would think that the gecko mine would be deadly radiated and the broken hills mine infested with some bad ass fast respawning baddies to enforce team play

eg - back to eve - when we mine in an FFA pvp ground for end game mats we take 3-4 miners and about shitload of battleships for protection - and we tend to die too.
nothing should be certain in those locations

the respawn rates are to high for those HQ stuff you will not finish the entire run you have to start another and during happy hour you are free to do 2x your max weight - because everybody is asleep.

every shop has 1 000 000 combat shotguns - before i browse to a weapon i want ill manage to watch my coffie get cold, catch some fungus and give birth to a new live form on our planet earth

combat shotgun is another currency in Fonline - i bet that there is more combat shotguns in the game than caps

solution would be to force the merchants to dismantle every weapon or armor that they have more than 5 in their stock - still if oyu fancy a combat shotgun you can buy it

sam with ammo - more than 1000 or 3000? value of it drops to 0 -
no more 3524523 10mm ammo in 1 shop

glow is to easy i can get it done in max 45 minutes (with a cig brake) (lv30 max lockpick brof bg/avenger minigun + ap ammo)

instance it - every player would have it as a solo dungeon - cooldown would be
 48hours to prevent extensive fariming. You could not enter to the glow if a mate in your team has the CD.

leveling is so easy its effortless for bg flamers

get the imp. flamer + 2 flamer perks and you can wipe the warehouse near gun runners clean in 2 minutes (bring stimpacks) crapload of exp and 3 nice crates to be picked

either increase the claw number to enforce team play or instance it and label a cd on it

so... when is pernament death going to be implemented? I dont care anymore if i die, get broken limbs and legs and get my eyes ripped off, i just ~suicide myself to happy land

no respect for your hit points - i know that most of you guys will have the pernaent death as there are little and close to none hardcore gamers - so allow me to suggest increasing exp pentaly for death to the maximum extent of the exp you needed to get to your current level. Seems like nothing on levels 8/10/21 but do die on level 50 few times and you will want to burn your pc alive

hmm... i did have more ideas... i will rant on if i remember anything and will not get burned alive via the flame that will come.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: game to easy and to much trash/junk in towns - needs fixing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 07:50:48 am »
TL;DR

I saw only something about Cooldown, and i can tell you there will be no cooldowns.

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:52 am »
Plus restrictions never work. We had both restrictions, cooldowns and then more restrictions and more cooldowns before in 2238 and we all know how that ended.

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:45:33 pm »
dully noted about the cd's, thanks.

what do you think about heal-bot mineral ores?