April 28, 2024, 09:15:43 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Car Crashes  (Read 8708 times)

Courier 4

• View Profile
Car Crashes
« on: October 02, 2015, 05:05:01 am »
Basically adding realism to commutation across the wastes, vehicles (except for trains) and how successful they are at getting to your destination are dictated by your perception. To make it fair, anything lower than a perception of 4 could make you crash your vehicle somewhere on the map. Maybe not my best idea so far.
Renamed as Courier-4 since reroll (is that even worth mentioning?).

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Car Crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 05:19:43 am »
Haha,

Add some modifiers for night driving and driving under the influence (jet and beer being the biggest penalties), :D

But still, if I ever crashed my pvp ready car I'd be angreeee.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:41:39 am »
Jet? Nah...
Rather Psycho would cut your vision :D
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:03:11 am »
It can work but instead of perception make it depending upon car damage.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 08:04:10 am »
-1 People use cars to travel fast across the wasteland. Not to get into some crash.I'm not even sure how this "crash" will happen.

Do you have any idea how much this will ruin PvP players?
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Arcanix

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 08:27:01 am »
It can work but instead of perception make it depending upon car damage.

Well...perception then the car damage add to that. X% damaged the car gets more difficult to stear. Then increase the damage sustained bumping into things. If the car has X% hps left you cant drive it. If the car gets wrecked driving all the loot in the trunk is gone. Lost. Hasta manjana. Boohoo!

What Blarney said about adding some modifiers to night driving sounds good.

Do you have any idea how negative you are in every thread you appear in?

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:20:11 am »
This idea would be ok in single player, in mmo it would be just annoying.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

He is negative for good reason.

This change will only bring annoyance and nothing good. A good suggestion generally either consists of a good balance change (WITH numbers), suggests a good new feature/weapon etc (WITH numbers/maps/pictures <- SPOILER THESE) and is well described + supported with arguments.

This "suggestion" is in reality a balance suggestion that is not supported or explained in any way (realism really isnt a valid point). What is the problem with cars? Why do we want to promote walking around in the wasteland? Why do we wish to make car travelling harder? Are there other ways to do this? Is a new chore/danger for a player really needed?

There is really no reason to this suggestion and people get a clear feeling that this suggestion was not thought out well. So why be positive to it, especially when several similar baseless suggestions get posted every single day?

Arcanix

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »

He is negative for good reason.

I dont think so. Half of the time that guy doesnt know whats being suggested is all about.

A good suggestion generally either consists of a good balance change (WITH numbers), suggests a good new feature/weapon etc (WITH numbers/maps/pictures <- SPOILER THESE) and is well described + supported with arguments.

Wrong, a good suggestion doesnt necessarily adhere to one particular individual twisted biased opinions, only. A good suggestion enrich the game in some ways, either as is or tweaked. If you demand a complete rundown on everything to even consider a suggestion of anykind...then you will have to ask yourself "wtf is wrong with me?".

It takes more to suggest something for the common good than it takes to shoot that idea down.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »
Wrong, a good suggestion doesnt necessarily adhere to one particular individual twisted biased opinions, only.

I did not state or imply this anywhere. You either misread my comment or are attempting to put words in my mouth.

A good suggestion enrich the game in some ways, either as is or tweaked.

Again you misread my comment or lack reading comprehension.
In my comment I stated the exact same thing.

If you demand a complete rundown on everything to even consider a suggestion of anykind...then you will have to ask yourself "wtf is wrong with me?".

No, I simply ask myself: why do people think it is a good idea to throw yet another baseless and half thought out suggestion in this giant mess that we call the suggestions board. 

This is a fanmade game. It does not have a large dev team and certainly does not have a team of people that wishes to search through and make sense of the nonsense that is posted here every single day.

It has been stated by people, including Kilgore before to elaborate your suggestions and give them some sense in the form of maps and numbers. You CANNOT expect those coding this game to do this for you. They simply do NOT have the time to do so. Therefore the kind of suggestions that come down to "I randomly thought up X without any second thought, pls do everything and add to geam" are a waste of everyones time.

If you want to add a gun X, provide stats and a picture (PROPERLY SIZED)
If you want to add area X, make the bloody map for it and post it.
Support it all with arguments why it is needed and what it adds and does.
The more precise you are, the bigger the chance to get noticed and the more on-topic the following discussion will (usually) be.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »
100% agree with gooseberry and yuno. There has been similar suggestions before about encounters where you crash your car and they were denied for good reason. Namely that 99% of players will hardcore rage when they crash their car and lose it + their loot while also adding nothing fun to the game. and gooseberry trust me, its better to simply ignore all of arcanix posts in this section of forum because no matter how logical and well made your post is he will read it wrong and say completely irrelevant things and turn whole thread into giant forum pvp. kilgore wont be swayed by such things and will deny badly made suggestions anyways.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »
So instead of that all make car crash only as special encounter with additional mini quest about enclave soldier and oil. As you say if it happen too often it will be annoying. However special encounter which can happen only if player travel via car could be interesting and bring some kind of diversity.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »
So instead of that all make car crash only as special encounter with additional mini quest about enclave soldier and oil. As you say if it happen too often it will be annoying. However special encounter which can happen only if player travel via car could be interesting and bring some kind of diversity.
Finally someone with actual idea. Yeah, special encounter would be nice, and let's not forget we have crashed vertibird maps/graphic since Fallout 2, which could finally find some use..
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Arcanix

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 01:51:56 pm »
Wrong, a good suggestion doesnt necessarily adhere to one particular individual twisted biased opinions, only.

I did not state or imply this anywhere. You either misread my comment or are attempting to put words in my mouth.

The way you present it made it obvious. You being defensive reinforce it.

A good suggestion enrich the game in some ways, either as is or tweaked.

Again you misread my comment or lack reading comprehension.
In my comment I stated the exact same thing.

What you stated was a demand of a full rundown of every minute detail for the suggestion to be valid for consideration. Not quite the same. You get called out on something and your Ego tells you they have an impairment in reading comprehension? Thats rich.

If you demand a complete rundown on everything to even consider a suggestion of anykind...then you will have to ask yourself "wtf is wrong with me?".

No, I simply ask myself: why do people think it is a good idea to throw yet another baseless and half thought out suggestion in this giant mess that we call the suggestions board.

You cant blame others for your lack of imagination and brainpower. If you need special classes to deal with inovative ideas i pity you. This is not the place to sort that out though. Do not kill any creative effort to make this game fun.

This is a fanmade game. It does not have a large dev team and certainly does not have a team of people that wishes to search through and make sense of the nonsense that is posted here every single day.

Not a valid point for killing other peoples ideas.

There has been similar suggestions before about encounters where you crash your car and they were denied for good reason. Namely that 99% of players will hardcore rage when they crash their car and lose it + their loot while also adding nothing fun to the game.

This game is not about loot only. What you are left with is a very empty shell of what couldve been.

and gooseberry trust me, its better to simply ignore all of arcanix posts in this section of forum because no matter how logical and well made your post is he will read it wrong and say completely irrelevant things and turn whole thread into giant forum pvp.

I call people out on their biased bullshit....good advice though. Saves me alot of trouble.

kilgore wont be swayed by such things and will deny badly made suggestions anyways.

I hope Kilgore knows his stuff. What works and what doesnt. I can handle him telling me "sorry dude thats a no go". Until that happens...its fucking GO TIME!

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »