April 29, 2024, 01:17:33 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers  (Read 6367 times)

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
Re: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 07:47:35 am »

Mobs that deal no damage, have an insane aggro range and give no reward whatsoever are not "challenges", but a nuissance. They serve no function aside from slowing down pvp in an area entirely meant for pvp. This goes on further with the fact that no player ever goes to the Reno sewers for PvE vs low level mobs. These critters thus simply serve no proper function.

Amusingly, removing them would INCREASE the challenge when it comes to farming the chest. Making it easier for a different team to ambush a camping team will infact make camping harder.

This Mobs can save non PvP players life if block and force pvp player to spend 3 seconds to kill one or two of them.  Truth is I am looking at this from pvp avoiding POV.  There is more then plenty non pvp players in Reno, and they need some backup from even simple and annoying mobs to keep PKs busy enough, for someone to sneak to renesco for BP set.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:49:44 am by Awgy »

Arcanix

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 07:50:25 am »
If ambush  is the objective, keeping the critters should be a "hell yes!". Because of the ganking potential.

zinthos

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 12:03:24 pm »
well, i agree that the AI is dumb as fuck, those npcs should rather be reworked than removed. but thats a huge work to do, so i wouldnt count on it unti wipe. until that, grab some grenades and its done.

btw, those damn slags from the sewers see through walls and rush out from the locker area through the doors and attack you which is rather annoying than those rats.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 01:04:27 pm »
I totally agree that the aggro on the rats and mantis' is insane and retarded. I vote to either remove them, or change the aggro range.

Again, I don't see how these idiots aren't understanding the suggestion. The "spawn implant crate in tent" part made me face palm.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »
well, i agree that the AI is dumb as fuck, those npcs should rather be reworked than removed. but thats a huge work to do, so i wouldnt count on it unti wipe. until that, grab some grenades and its done.

btw, those damn slags from the sewers see through walls and rush out from the locker area through the doors and attack you which is rather annoying than those rats.

Yes, I don't get it too. How the f*ck they have Superman vision? Same with their combat skills. Bunch of idiots in rags with zip guns, grease guns, shotguns or desert eagles are more threat than players with Pancors/Laser Rifles etc. But it's just visual thing, not too important.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »
They could all have motion sensors attached. Or hear you walking by...

Though IMO all NPC's should have slower reaction time. They have a hive mind and insta reaction.

Punch a group of Enclave soldiers and see what I mean.
In Maintenance Mode.