April 29, 2024, 07:32:32 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers  (Read 6368 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 08:32:30 pm »
Same could be said for second street, in some circumstances you can aggro every npc there too.

People worried about farming implants should remember that only reno commercial locker has the chance for implant spawns and the like.

NPCs can make a huge difference in pvp, if they are going to be mixed in, I don't think it should be in every single pvp situation, and as it is now, with militia and the like, the danger of NPCs interrupting PvP is ever present.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »
I like the atmosphere, but then why not make all NPC's neutral, and if they're all neutral why not remove them all?
Unless Mines no longer have hostiles things, and V-15 no longer has hostile animals then keep them as is.
In Maintenance Mode.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:00 am »
I like the atmosphere, but then why not make all NPC's neutral, and if they're all neutral why not remove them all?
Unless Mines no longer have hostiles things, and V-15 no longer has hostile animals then keep them as is.

Mines and V15 have a completely different purpose. One is meant for resource gathering, while the other is a PVE dungeon. Mobs have a function there.

The only function of the mobs in the sewer is the "atmosphere" they provide by aggroing 2 screens away when you enter through the ladder.

I think Requiem and Fonline 2 (correct me if im wrong) do it well. Those two servers have mechanics where humanoid npc's on the surface will flee when they see combat going on. Something which completely makes sense. 

A similar feature needs implementation in Reno on the surface. The mobs in the sewers either need removal, a different aggro mechanic or need the same fleeing mechanic.

Mobs in V15, mines etc all serve a purpose and do not need any changing.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »

Mines and V15 have a completely different purpose. One is meant for resource gathering, while the other is a PVE dungeon. Mobs have a function there.

The only function of the mobs in the sewer is the "atmosphere" they provide by aggroing 2 screens away when you enter through the ladder.

I think Requiem and Fonline 2 (correct me if im wrong) do it well. Those two servers have mechanics where humanoid npc's on the surface will flee when they see combat going on. Something which completely makes sense. 

A similar feature needs implementation in Reno on the surface. The mobs in the sewers either need removal, a different aggro mechanic or need the same fleeing mechanic.

Mobs in V15, mines etc all serve a purpose and do not need any changing.
Mobs in the Sewers are blocking you from resource gathering as well. T4, and good stuff resource gathering which should warrant tougher mobs for the rewards. The Sewers help you get to the Lockers. They're part of the Reno map, and in theory should be full of Skags to hamper your path. Since these are just rats its like V-15's top floor with rats, and bottom floors with Skags.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 05:45:22 pm »
That is fine for mainly pve areas, and is actually the case with the reno sewer chest/warehouse/glow/ares but the reno commercial chest is mainly for pvp. You can completely avoid those small npcs by entering from a different way so they arent even guarding the path in like npcs in glow/ares/warehouse/mines/v15.

The slags in commercial are just so that people cant just go in bluesuit and loot the box without consequence and keep coming back over and over when they get killed and they present no real problem to organized squads. For sure leave the npcs that are near the sewer chest but the rest of the sewers should be for pvp maneuvering. If sewers and reno commercial were filled with tons slags then it would no longer be a pvp area whatsoever. How it is now is ok, but i believe it would be a small improvement to remove the mantis and rats that are no threat and are guarding nothing but empty sewer area.

Other than that the small mantis and rats and things present no challenge at all and generally you dont even need to worry about them if you are fast. But in a group it takes longer and simply is annoying to wait around while the 2 guys in back of the group waste time and ammo killing enemies that do 0 damage and keep their combat timer up so they cant leave.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 06:19:00 pm »
That is fine for mainly pve areas, and is actually the case with the reno sewer chest/warehouse/glow/ares but the reno commercial chest is mainly for pvp. You can completely avoid those small npcs by entering from a different way so they arent even guarding the path in like npcs in glow/ares/warehouse/mines/v15.

The slags in commercial are just so that people cant just go in bluesuit and loot the box without consequence and keep coming back over and over when they get killed and they present no real problem to organized squads. For sure leave the npcs that are near the sewer chest but the rest of the sewers should be for pvp maneuvering. If sewers and reno commercial were filled with tons slags then it would no longer be a pvp area whatsoever. How it is now is ok, but i believe it would be a small improvement to remove the mantis and rats that are no threat and are guarding nothing but empty sewer area.

Other than that the small mantis and rats and things present no challenge at all and generally you dont even need to worry about them if you are fast. But in a group it takes longer and simply is annoying to wait around while the 2 guys in back of the group waste time and ammo killing enemies that do 0 damage and keep their combat timer up so they cant leave.
as I said before, pvp players need to deal with it. Or PvE players should request disabling pvp in ares, v15 and glow cous player killers disturb PvE actions there? choose one.  When I'm in glow packed with EMP shells to kill bots I need hell of a luck to kill player and waste tons of EMP rounds, or carry other gun. Well it is equivalent to reno sewers situation. I don't mind PvP but it is a bit annoying when you guys ask for changing the game so it would suit you. Even non pvp hub was pain in the ass for some pvp players.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 07:31:12 pm »
Deal with it doesn't work for me, asking to disable pvp for pve? It's like me saying why cant i pvp a guy doing mutie quest? Red herring i think they call it..

I agree the slags need to stay at the chest, but pvp doesn't always occur at the chest, and swarms of npcs is some crazy shit while trying to fight or consolidate/flee through or position to fight etc (shooting ew gives away position etc).

Same goes for the slags at warehouse, they are fine, I personally just hate the swarms of aggroed shitmobs that can screw over movements etc.

Making lore sense with rats in the sewer kind of plays second fiddle to them being annoying as shit in practice, keep the real npc mobs around the chests, but dump the little guys that just get in the way, provide no xp and respawn like its mating season down there.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 07:38:13 pm »
First, they are rats and bugs...  so it is mating season every day 365 days in year.  second just shoot them and go or take other path...  two weeks ago Reno was a ghost town...  and You guys complaint, now it is full of players, and again you complain. What in the name of baby jesus is up with this place.  you can always go warehouse and i will safely kill some rats there to get to the locker and grab some gear.  whole point of Reno lockers is to ve challenging and annoying at the same time. 

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

zinthos

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 08:08:38 pm »
this suggestion is on the same level as "nerf 1hexing"...
annoyed of rats? dont use sewers or just simply kill them. there are many annoying things in a game and they are called challenges. if you dont like challenges, then the game has no point to be played.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:24 pm »
This suggestion is bogus.  You might as well have asked for Kilgore to spawn an implant crate right in your tent, so "critters" don't get in the way.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 11:42:42 pm »
This suggestion is bogus.  You might as well have asked for Kilgore to spawn an implant crate right in your tent, so "critters" don't get in the way.
this.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 07:23:08 am »
First, they are rats and bugs...  so it is mating season every day 365 days in year.  second just shoot them and go or take other path...  two weeks ago Reno was a ghost town...  and You guys complaint, now it is full of players, and again you complain. What in the name of baby jesus is up with this place.  you can always go warehouse and i will safely kill some rats there to get to the locker and grab some gear.  whole point of Reno lockers is to ve challenging and annoying at the same time. 

It's a suggestion more than a complaint, I mean this is the suggestion section.

The main points for me are;

They are NOT a challenge, just an annoyance if someone bursts them on accident (same with second street).

They do NOTHING except get in the way, seriously what are they there for?

They don't seem to act at all like normal mobs, they act in some weird, sewer mutant hive mind system.

There are other npcs in all of these ares that don't act in this way that nobody has a problem with.

I am failing to make this correlation between the SEWER RAT SPAWNS and implants? What do the 2 have to do with eachother?

Please tell me how removing the rats and bugs is on par with adding implant lockers in someones tent?

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 07:28:52 am »
Some of the above posters have no idea what they are talking about. Perhaps they dislike pvp entirely, or dislike somoene in this thread.

How does the removal of across the map aggro critters cause people who use the sewers to instantly get a crate of implants? What could possibly make you think such a thing.
You are aware that the crate that spawns implants is on commercial street, which can directly be entered from the worldmap?

The sewers are PURELY used to manouvre a team of players to give them the edge when a different team is camping the locker above. The sewers have a PURE pvp function here.

this suggestion is on the same level as "nerf 1hexing"...
annoyed of rats? dont use sewers or just simply kill them. there are many annoying things in a game and they are called challenges. if you dont like challenges, then the game has no point to be played.

Mobs that deal no damage, have an insane aggro range and give no reward whatsoever are not "challenges", but a nuissance. They serve no function aside from slowing down pvp in an area entirely meant for pvp. This goes on further with the fact that no player ever goes to the Reno sewers for PvE vs low level mobs. These critters thus simply serve no proper function.

Amusingly, removing them would INCREASE the challenge when it comes to farming the chest. Making it easier for a different team to ambush a camping team will infact make camping harder.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 07:34:26 am »

It's a suggestion more than a complaint, I mean this is the suggestion section.

The main points for me are;
They are NOT a challenge, just an annoyance if someone bursts them on accident (same with second street).
They do NOTHING except get in the way, seriously what are they there for?
They don't seem to act at all like normal mobs, they act in some weird, sewer mutant hive mind system.

There are other npcs in all of these ares that don't act in this way that nobody has a problem with.

The geckos in mines, or ants, or rats in V-15 are also annoying. IMO they should be removed as well if rats from Reno are.
Or AI could be reworked so animals run from players if the level difference is high enough. But I could see the annoying rats as actually part of the difficulty, like if you got ambushed after wasting AP on rats. It also contributes to the atmosphere. They've always been there, so why the complaining now?

The team that's being managed is out to gather resources, there is more than simple PVP as there is a reward after fighting PVE elements as well. But why should PVE be harder than PVP in the first place? The whole map is practically PVP anyway its just now an area gets changed.
In Maintenance Mode.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 07:43:14 am »

The geckos in mines, or ants, or rats in V-15 are also annoying. IMO they should be removed as well if rats from Reno are.
Or AI could be reworked so animals run from players if the level difference is high enough. But I could see the annoying rats as actually part of the difficulty, like if you got ambushed after wasting AP on rats. It also contributes to the atmosphere. They've always been there, so why the complaining now?

This is a valid point, the reason it is coming up as an issue now and not before is because a lot of the pvp fighting is being drawn there by the glimmer of special loot spawns.

I would be happy with a simple AI rework too, so that they just don't act in this very strange matter that they do, the reason I personally had never seen it before is because I hadn't gone to these locations in the past, I am used to the more standard slags and muties and robots etc, who are functioning guard NPCs that work "normally".

To the straw man arguments; if these little NPCs are so good and useful, why are there none in Warehouse too? There should be rats and mantis randomly wandering around there by the same logic.