April 29, 2024, 08:14:43 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bursting/Targeting  (Read 1797 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Bursting/Targeting
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:00:03 am »
If I have my weapon set to burst, why is that after reloading I have to cycle back to set it to burst? Reload, single shot, target and then back to burst. How about just having it so we can set it on burst and have it go right back to burst after reloading? (if there is a way to already do that please forgive my ignorance).

As for targeting. I believe Fallout Tactics has this feature. Being able to select a part of the body to target once and every shot you take will be for that part. Even when you target another person. It has been a year or so since I played Tactics but I think you have to select parts again if you say go from shooting a human to a mole rat or something. I pretty much just aim for the eyes 95% of the time anyways. So why not just have a way to select eyes once and be done with it? Would still cost extra AP to use.

If for whatever reason that makes things too easy. Could have being able to select it once as part of a trait or something, like finesse. Maybe some new support perk that requires really high small guns. "Marksmen." "You learned to instinctively aim for the same target with every shot."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:01:42 am by Styles »

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: Bursting/Targeting
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:06:50 am »
If I have my weapon set to burst, why is that after reloading I have to cycle back to set it to burst? Reload, single shot, target and then back to burst. How about just having it so we can set it on burst and have it go right back to burst after reloading? (if there is a way to already do that please forgive my ignorance).

As for targeting. I believe Fallout Tactics has this feature. Being able to select a part of the body to target once and every shot you take will be for that part. Even when you target another person. It has been a year or so since I played Tactics but I think you have to select parts again if you say go from shooting a human to a mole rat or something. I pretty much just aim for the eyes 95% of the time anyways. So why not just have a way to select eyes once and be done with it? Would still cost extra AP to use.

If for whatever reason that makes things too easy. Could have being able to select it once as part of a trait or something, like finesse. Maybe some new support perk that requires really high small guns. "Marksmen." "You learned to instinctively aim for the same target with every shot."

Set a reload hotkey, Reload= in bindings I believe...  gun stays on your setting of choice.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:25:03 am »
Even if you shouldn't technically reset to single, that's how the originals were. So the mechs didn't change. Simple as that.
In Maintenance Mode.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »
Even if you shouldn't technically reset to single, that's how the originals were. So the mechs didn't change. Simple as that.

The originals weren't real time either but that was changed for this. Unless you count Tactics which did have a real time option as one of the original Fallouts. There are other things as well unless again we count Tactics.

Targeting, as in being able to select a body part once and have it stay that way for every shot instead of having to select a body part for every shot is in Tactics. So that might be something that could be brought into the game.

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 09:50:31 pm »
there are hotkeys which will make all your shots aimed to some part of body

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »
Hotkeys as an option as I understand that is something I can do. But shouldn't it just be part of the game? Now that I think about it Tactics has it so it resets back to Burst after reloading (I am to lazy to reload it to check) and it also has the targeting thing as well. So couldn't that just be taken and put into the game? I don't know what it would take on the coding side. It could be a lot of work. But if it is a simple as copying the code then why not?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:23:52 pm by Styles »