March 28, 2024, 11:25:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Little PvP dog tag suggestion  (Read 1897 times)

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
Little PvP dog tag suggestion
« on: September 26, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »
What if every faction member that died in PvP spawn a dog tag. When examined dog tag would show players name, faction and date of death. This would make a nice trophy for pvp players to collect and brag about. Also it would give dog tags some purpose to exist.

Drop your comments below.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:01:40 pm by Awgy »

Arcanix

Re: Little PvP dog tag suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »
Judging from peoples bitching an moaning about hurt pride in PvP on these boards the last few weeks, this is an excellent idea.

If you want to up the ante with PvP...you could allow for experience loss upon death. Retrieving that dog tag will grant that lost experience back. If you loose a lvl due to this, any perk chosen at that lvl will be temporarily disabled.

Lets give people a real reason to be whining losers.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 06:45:14 pm »
Honestly PVP trophies would be fun to have, but some people might just get payed to be killed so someone can show it off.
In Maintenance Mode.

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:48 pm »
While i do like this.
I'd like to have another purpose for dog tags like when we kill ncr army soldiers They have no purpose only showing names.
I'd like to have a miniquest where you can turn in all the dog tags you find or get from NCR Soldiers to some guy in NCR. and they'll give you a little bit of caps. maybe rep?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:32:56 pm by Heyfray »

Arcanix

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:18:29 pm »
I'd like to have a miniquest where you can turn in all the dog tags you find or get from NCR Soldiers to some guy in NCR. and they'll give you a little bit of caps. maybe rep?

That should be true for all the factions in game. Just join the faction you like and start handing over those dog tags. If you got enough rep within that organisation you should have higher clearance and tougher missions.

Not just caps and rep, gear aswell. Having access to the higher tier gear the higher clearance you will need to have. If you get to a position like that and double cross that faction you should have a permanent price on your head. (Need to tweak this further to avoid, deleting the toon afterwards, exploits).

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 01:34:20 pm »
+1

However you should go deeper details. Give some examples of those quests you say.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 04:52:42 pm »
+1

However you should go deeper details. Give some examples of those quests you say.

As simple as, for example one of BoS scribes tells you something wrong is going on around lost Hills bunker more and more initiates are not reporting back from patrols, and ask you to investigate. every tag gives you a rep boost of 5. when you reach 250 rep you get a rank promotion. and a dungeon quest with a chance of extra stats low tier gear. when you reach 750 you get another rank promotion, and chance for better gear from quest (here you can use same dungeon from gun Runners quest,  as gr quest state clearly that BoS want this case,  so they can cross over. same with raider faction) maybe an faction access to adv workbench in BoS bunker.  When you reach 1000 faction rep another quest with possibility of getting.  GL with stats or BoS armor from kipi aż z BoS,  lsw or ranger Armor for ncr, cmbt desert Armor and raider suiting gun from raiders. So it is a Junktown spear quest formula with and rep boost.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 05:02:01 pm »
Better gear would be the only reason for farm the NCR, but they shouldn't take too kindly to a raider returning the bloodied remains of his victim.

It'd make more sense to turn in the tags to opposing factions such as the BOS.

I'd imagine the highest stuff you should get would be CA of the faction. Maybe 100 tags for such? And instead of making tags individual items it'd be better if they stacked, unless there's a container item that can hold all tags, which could be opened if you wanted to read the tags.
In Maintenance Mode.