April 26, 2024, 07:14:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Expansion to the Rocket Launcher weapon system.  (Read 2350 times)

Arcanix

Expansion to the Rocket Launcher weapon system.
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »
We have Laser, Plasma and Gauss technology to our disposal for this.

The Laser would be a Tesla cannon. Much like this one, only shoulder mounted. The idea is a short ranged AoE 3 hex hexer.

The Plasma cannon would be a shoulder mounted 1 hex railgun. High energy long ranged single target beam. No, plasma is not laser technology so tesla armour is useless.

The Gauss cannon would be a shoulder mounted extreme long ranged 2 hex wide piercing railgun.

Tesla and Plasma cannon are energy based while the Gauss cannon big gun based. With the normal Rocket Launcher.

Will this break the game? Only if you allowed it.
Would it make the game less boring? Fuck yeah!

Feel a need to whine? Cry me a fucking river.

EDIT:

If you do not like the Tesla cannon idea...you could make the Plasma cannon the Laser cannon  Then make the Plasma cannon a 3 hex wide explosive plasma bolt AoE attack. Medium ranged attack at that. Say 25-35.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:17:41 pm by Arcanix »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion to the Rocket Launcher weapon system.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:32:47 pm »
Powerful Single shot weapons that have a damage radius.

If it takes 7AP to reload, and costs 20 MFC/Ammo to use the Energy Variant once with a single round Clip I'd be interested in a gun that could do 200---> Instagib Damage from sniper distances
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:08:11 am »
If it takes 7AP to reload, and costs 20 MFC/Ammo to use the Energy Variant once with a single round Clip

I like that.

The Gauss version should then require 9AP to reload with  50 2mm ECs, single round clip.

The final damage output is due to a number of factors, but some of these cannons would have sniper range.

I suggest perks are added to both aid these weapons and defend against them.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:29:29 am »
Honestly if a weapon uses rare ammo lavishly, and leaves a player vulnerable after firing, like high DPH enough to kill most things in one hit, but then has trouble firing again. It'd make a rather radical weapon.

Like an All or Nothing kinda deal.

The cannons that can instagib should be as rare as HPA IMO.

The others would make good alternatives to the Rocket as support, and be better able to counter Snipers.
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 01:29:49 am »
The Gauss cannon would have a piercing effect...everyone in a straight line would get hit just as hard. Doesnt matter if its 2 guys or 20.  Yeah "All or nothing deal".

As it stands you can equip 2 identical weapons.

I agree about the rarity of these cannons. I feel an advanced, superior and unique version of them should exist.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 09:21:31 am »
You mean hyperboloid from TLA basically. I always thought that laser cannon from that server kicked ass so I would like to see it in game but adding and tweaking weapons would be huge headache to make sure its balanced. as for guass cannon just no. not to mention graphics etc need made unless its permitted to just lift that shit from TLA. Doubt this will be accepted.

Arcanix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 10:02:17 am »
The graphic of the charactaristic gauss round fired from the Gauss cannon would be similar to the other gauss weapons.

I agree on the balancing arguement you have....you do not need to add stuff for that to happen. Folk here cant even balance the game as is, let alone the weapons. Add a few more footlockers and there you go...problem with balancing solved.

Very much doubt if i would allow the Gauss cannon if i was a dev tbh...but then its all about the player wanting and needing to feel like a God. In order to have something to brag about.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:35:22 pm »
Gauss minigun exists in Fallout Tactics.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
i would not risk statement that tactics is part of lore.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:52:07 pm by Awgy »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 05:04:33 pm »
The Major events of Tactics are legit, background states that Chinese invented Gauss to combat PA, but seeing as though Gauss are Pea shooters in F3 and FNV they probably reworked them to be single shot rather than auto-cannons, or like in F:1 being rifles and pistols.

So even Gauss in game right now might not be canon...

Bozar also sucks in F:NV(20 Damage per shot, rapid fire as a 10mm SMG, comparable damage too), but who here adheres to Canon?
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:27 pm »
but who here adheres to Canon?

Cant line up names...but when all else fails shooting my ideas down the canon lore arguement comes up.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 07:18:29 am »
Realism, Canon, Balance
There are all seemingly legitimate reasons, but they contradict all the time.

New things = Good

If the new thingy is super powerful then making it super rare balances out the scales.
If its below/at average don't just toss it out, it builds atmosphere.

Redundancy isn't bad, especially when it makes the game feel bigger.
-
as for ideas I think most people ought to start learning, or even developing their own ideas if they can. If it was easy to know how to add things to reloaded source and test them on a private server or fake server, I'd probably like adding/testing new ideas out. Animations are the biggest issue about the game though, simply aren't the assets of nice looking weapons. Adding a sprite and using pre-existing animations is probably a thing though. Too bad not everyone has the free time to do all that xD!
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 07:44:56 am »
Realism, Canon, Balance
There are all seemingly legitimate reasons, but they contradict all the time.

New things = Good

If the new thingy is super powerful then making it super rare balances out the scales.
If its below/at average don't just toss it out, it builds atmosphere.

Redundancy isn't bad, especially when it makes the game feel bigger.

Well said. Couldnt agree more.