April 28, 2024, 09:06:53 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Win 100k - all I need is a small smartphone suggestion!  (Read 7127 times)

jokeusa

• View Profile
Win 100k - all I need is a small smartphone suggestion!
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:58:49 pm »
Hey there folks, question!

Anyone of you know any good SMALL cells? And by small i mean stuff like f.ex HTC Wildfire S or Sony Xperia X8/X10?
Req's:
1) SMALL: 100x65 is tops to me, thickness doesn't matter that much as long as its not 20~, 3.2  display at most,
2) Decent cam, don't need two, but a 5MP is considered decent,
3) halfdecent rec. - i guess 480p@30fps is a minimum?
3) 2-core CPU, clock doesn't matter, even 600 would fit me (though i don't think 2 core 600's were ever made),
4) GPS (not sure if theres any gradation for good/bad here, i just need it for the rare cases when I get lost in the mountains),
5) any decent brand, nonames made in china = nothx,
6) SDHC/SDXC slot,
7) radio, wifi, bluetooth
8 ) semi-decent battery - need it to last for quite some time in case I'm lost,

Any suggestions?

Ps: why the fk would anyone need an accelerometer, proximity meter or a compass????

Edit: if i pick any of the CPs outta the ones you guys suggest, first person that names the one I took gets 100k as a thanks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:06:30 pm by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: Win 100k - all I need is a small smartphone suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 04:22:53 pm »
Hey there folks, question!

Anyone of you know any good SMALL cells? And by small i mean stuff like f.ex HTC Wildfire S or Sony Xperia X8/X10?
Req's:
1) SMALL: 100x65 is tops to me, thickness doesn't matter that much as long as its not 20~, 3.2  display at most,
2) Decent cam, don't need two, but a 5MP is considered decent,
3) halfdecent rec. - i guess 480p@30fps is a minimum?
3) 2-core CPU, clock doesn't matter, even 600 would fit me (though i don't think 2 core 600's were ever made),
4) GPS (not sure if theres any gradation for good/bad here, i just need it for the rare cases when I get lost in the mountains),
6) SDHC/SDXC slot,
7) radio, wifi, bluetooth
8 ) semi-decent battery - need it to last for quite some time in case I'm lost,

Any suggestions?

Ps: why the fk would anyone need an accelerometer, proximity meter or a compass????

Edit: if i pick any of the CPs outta the ones you guys suggest, first person that names the one I took gets 100k as a thanks

You get yourself lost and are questioning the need for a compass?  You amuse me too often.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 05:11:41 pm »
You get yourself lost and are questioning the need for a compass?  You amuse me too often.
Did you notice the requirement for GPS? Please read before posting junk. Additionally, most of the time it's f*cking easy to tell where the north is, as long as you know which hour is it  :facepalm

Lastly - go vising polish mountains in the winter. As much as they're beautiful, they're f*cking dangerous when there's snow around. Even more so when you consider that the direction indicators in there simply suck (or, in many cases, don't exist at all). I got lost 50m from the shelter after 13 hrs of walking, most of the time falling thighs deep into snow, at 11pm cause there was no indicator that I should have turned to the glade. The shelter was around the corner  :-\

Don't wanna make the same mistake again  :facepalm

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:26 pm »
http://www.euro.com.pl/telefony-komorkowe,_Kruger-Matz.bhtml

:(

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 12:41:36 am »
I'd ask people at Best Buy, or at an Electronics store. If you're talking about IRL cash then get a contract from one of the Comps they do custom stuff.

Even if you do find things that meet your expectations here, wouldn't you want real professionals to point you in the right direction?
In Maintenance Mode.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 06:13:22 am »
I'd ask people at Best Buy, or at an Electronics store. If you're talking about IRL cash then get a contract from one of the Comps they do custom stuff.

Even if you do find things that meet your expectations here, wouldn't you want real professionals to point you in the right direction?
Real "professionals" are usually the ones that sell the stuff - they'll most likely avoid mentioning the downsides and/or suggest a "better"/different/more expensive phone. Not to mention that these people are rarely somebody I'd consider a professional, especially in my country :>

Edit: I don't get what you mean by " If you're talking about IRL cash" though.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:15:03 am by jokeusa »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 05:01:37 am »

Real "professionals" are usually the ones that sell the stuff - they'll most likely avoid mentioning the downsides and/or suggest a "better"/different/more expensive phone. Not to mention that these people are rarely somebody I'd consider a professional, especially in my country :>

Edit: I don't get what you mean by " If you're talking about IRL cash" though.
100K caps is what I assume you're referring to. Since 100,000 Pounds,USD, ETC is an insane sum for a phone.
Also talking to sellers isn't bad, talk to them about your price range, and then do research on the product they suggested from a third party. Its better using actual people who work with the product than the average Joe. Quite a few times when I hear one say oh I don't think I've heard of something with that price range, then just move on. Its still nice knowing about other stuff that's out there.

I was looking for a charger for $1 but each store kept selling them for $20-$200 I eventually found what I wanted though at the $1 price. So I can understand your distrust of salesmen.

Though if you want a decent Comp name attached then you'll have to pay the "premium" price. I believe a miniwrist mounted watch might be what you'd be interested in.

I remember a friend managed to hook up his phone to his watch, so he ended up with a cell phone watch that performed like those modern Iphones. Google Glass if you could hook up to your phone would be pretty cool as well.
In Maintenance Mode.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 06:23:05 am »
you'll have to pay the "premium" price.
I don't mind paying as long as its worth it.

I believe a miniwrist mounted watch might be what you'd be interested in.
Ewwww noooo, no miniwrists or w/e. Just a standard SMALL cell.

Valchuck

• Supporter
  • It's only a game, relax =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:55:44 pm »
You might find it hard to acquire phone that would fit Your size requirement along with 2 cores CPU. I can't recommend any such telephone, that would also have GPS module.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 06:00:15 pm »
I've got Prestigio phone - a shitty chineese company do them and I've got it for over 2 years, and still working in great condition.
Samsung&Apple ain't worth the cash, better buy Kruger & Matz phone which is being distributed by Polish company.
I've  got my phone (new) for 80$ and I would buy the same again.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 06:04:37 pm »
Thanks guys. So far, the best match I've gotten was LG L40 - unfortunately its a bit larger and the camera is only 3MP  :'( :'( :'(

Any other ideas? Much appreciated (with 100k as well :P ).

Edit: Anyone aware of any successors to Sony Xperia Active? - 100k waiting!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:34:09 pm by jokeusa »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »
I'm using my HTC (different model, but still it's same company) for two years already and I'm really happy for investing cash for this one. Still working, still in good cond. Nothing wrong I can say about it, even if I would like to. My friend has HTC Wildfire S and he's not complaining about it at all too. So if you want to know which one I would choose on your place, I would take anything from HTC company.
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »
I'm using my HTC (different model, but still it's same company) for two years already and I'm really happy for investing cash for this one. Still working, still in good cond. Nothing wrong I can say about it, even if I would like to. My friend has HTC Wildfire S and he's not complaining about it at all too. So if you want to know which one I would choose on your place, I would take anything from HTC company.
Wildfire S was my first guess, it seems nice but it may have issues with playing 720p videos. Moreover, Xperia Active is recording in 720p in a really decent quality.....guess I've found my new toy. Now, the question is, is anyone still selling it in our retarded country.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 07:32:59 pm »
Your choice pal, good luck :D
GUN FOR HIRE