April 28, 2024, 07:09:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Win 100k - all I need is a small smartphone suggestion!  (Read 7128 times)

jokeusa

• View Profile
Re: Win 100k - all I need is a small smartphone suggestion!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »
F*cking damn piece of sh*t of a country....anyone knows where can i buy Xperia Active in this toilet piece of the globe called Poland? Allegro shows no signs of it, with the exception of some retards shipping from china (lol) and some other idiot selling it for 600zl(170$)  :facepalm.
Went through the whole city, has not been seen for several years :(

Where the heck do I find it.....or, is there any similar phone? :<
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 09:26:34 pm »
You have kijiji or similar there?  I finally stopped laughing about you being so close and lost.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »
You have kijiji or similar there?  I finally stopped laughing about you being so close and lost.
We have several services such as that: Allegro, Olx, Gumtree, eBay being the least popular - couldn't find it on either of these with two exceptions: one being shipped from china or Taiwan, the other's price has been doubled :/

Just my dumb luck that the only decent small phone is one of the few that are nearly impossible to get >,.>

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 03:43:24 pm »
You've gonna be next subject of The Daily Khan :D
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »
What the hell is that, some MLP Fan Diary?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:59 pm »
What the hell is that, some MLP Fan Diary?

Hahaha, I have enough :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:13 pm »
I've got some expirience with android phones so I can help you out.
My first android device was most certainly hardest - Wildfire S which had good batterylife and specifications as for its times. It's durable but nowdays performance may be poor and when it comes to web browsing or watching films u may have an issue with ARMv6 codecs and HTML5 viewing. I've got LG G2 and ZenFone 5 myself and upgrade to exact 5 inches was best I could do lately. Had S3 mini for some time and it may seem like an anwser. It has exactly 4 inches screen and dual core CPU. Belive me less than 4 inches big screen is only for real masochists. If u want smaller phone then just buy an iPhone or good old Nokia. Heard also good opinions about HTC One S from rom developers on an IRC. From what I see it's decent 4.3 inches with 8 MP camera and good XDA roms support. Devices smaller than 4 inches is some kind of joke that's not produced since times of WFS.

edit mine S3 Mini after 2 years of usage still is in perfect state with tempered glass and cover pop and works as 3G Modem while outside ;).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:51:53 pm by Koniko »

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 07:59:46 am »
I've got some expirience with android phones so I can help you out.
My first android device was most certainly hardest - Wildfire S which had good batterylife and specifications as for its times. It's durable but nowdays performance may be poor and when it comes to web browsing or watching films u may have an issue with ARMv6 codecs and HTML5 viewing. I've got LG G2 and ZenFone 5 myself and upgrade to exact 5 inches was best I could do lately. Had S3 mini for some time and it may seem like an anwser. It has exactly 4 inches screen and dual core CPU. Belive me less than 4 inches big screen is only for real masochists. If u want smaller phone then just buy an iPhone or good old Nokia. Heard also good opinions about HTC One S from rom developers on an IRC. From what I see it's decent 4.3 inches with 8 MP camera and good XDA roms support. Devices smaller than 4 inches is some kind of joke that's not produced since times of WFS.

edit mine S3 Mini after 2 years of usage still is in perfect state with tempered glass and cover pop and works as 3G Modem while outside ;).
Mhm...Wildfire S was one of my first options but the CPU was quite old and it was still a bit large.
As for G2, ZenFone 5, One S and even S3 mini - these are MASSIVE. I need something that's really small and doesn't annoy the f*ck out of my pocket. From your point of view, I may be a masochist, but imo a phone should serve exactly what its name suggests - it should be a phone at the beginning and the end. If it has some additional features, that's cool, but I feel the market has gone the wrong way with "more" in this case.
Besides, none of these are IP67 certified and since I do a lot of hiking, that could be an issue. The fact that Xperia Active is not only waterproof but also works pretty well with wet display is another + for the rainy days on my motorbike.

In any case, surprisingly, I've been lucky - there's been an auction on Allegro lately and I've been able to order one new Xperia Active (luckily shipped from Poland, what the fk is with this all China/Taiwan mailed crap lately). Should arrive somewhere in the middle of the week  ;D

Unfortunately no one suggested the Xperia Active so no one is getting the 100k...but since there were 4 guys that were at least a bit helpful - Matt, HelpBot, mkhammer and Koniko, poke me for your 40k cash 'thank you' :)

ps. Koniko, I can't tell - are you really Polish? If so, it's really nice to see a PL that knows and uses English so well. Almost makes me believe there's still hope for this nation.....almost ;)

Nurglak

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »
how is it possible to mix politics and cell phones and being retard racist to your own nation ??

try aliexpress and dont be so shocked that it ships from china or taiwan its made there

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 08:55:15 pm »
how is it possible to mix politics and cell phones and being retard racist to your own nation ??
I may admit to being retard racist against my own country (poland) - you'd most likely understand if you'd live here. From my own experience, 'homo homini lupus est' refers to PLs more than to anyone else - a good example of this is an advice you (as a PL) can get from another PL when leaving the country to look for a job abroad: 'stay away from polish people, especially if they wish to hire you'.

That being said, where the heck did you find any kind of politics mixing into this  :o - I honestly stay the hell away from all /pol/ crap simply cause politics are the worst kind of trash (no exceptions) and I dislike swimming in shit.

try aliexpress and dont be so shocked that it ships from china or taiwan its made there
It's not the fact that it's made in china that's most disappointing: our auctioning service (allegro) has semi-decent quality standards when it comes to sellers and buyers with one exception: faggots making people buy crap that's imported/sent to them directly from china - that's a serious faggot tactics imo. Not only VAT, other kind of shit taxes, issues with customs, delivery probs but most importantly the fact that, if anything fks up, you need to send it back to china - all this shit is dropped on you. Assuming you've gotten a legit cell and not a fake.

No thanks.

As for the phone - it got delivered today. So far so good, just gotta install AnTuTu Officer now and check for any and all details to determine whether its a fake or an original. After that, water glass test! :)

Anyways, Koniko/mkhammer/Helpbot - poke me guys.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:59:13 pm by jokeusa »

Nurglak

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 09:42:52 am »
i am from poland too ... just saying...

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »
i am from poland too ... just saying...
There are very few exceptions to my 'distaste' with PLs - if you're not one of the tards that haunt our country and you felt offended by what I said, I apologize.

Nurglak

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 05:15:22 am »
no problem ... in my opinion retards are bothersome but whiners are worse... if you dont like something work hard and change it

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »
From what I see only phone that matches your requirements will be something like an actual HTC Wildfire S. If you'll decide to buy it try rooting it and flashing this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2227402. It's around since beginning and gives GIANT improvment over stock one. More space for important applications, performance and battery improvments also included.

Or

Ching chong fuk http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ST17i-Original-Unlocked-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-active-ST17i-Mobile-Phone-Android-GPS-WiFi-Camera-5MP-Free/1872690928.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201560_3
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:01:38 pm by Koniko »