April 29, 2024, 05:15:21 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: BG crit burster/sniper  (Read 2962 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
BG crit burster/sniper
« on: September 23, 2015, 12:57:52 pm »
I was thinking about this recently but what do you guys think about the idea of an LSW (or bozar if you got it) based BG build that can quickly change between the option to burst or to shoot guns out of hands.

The build would be pretty standard I guess, but I think taking finesse would be a bad choice, having burst as an option, and I am not sure if better crits would be an optimal choice in the reverse regard either way something along these lines;

6, 7, 10, 1, 1, 7, 9
Traits; Small frame, ?
Tags; BG, ?, ?
Perks; More crit, Even more crit, BROF, Lifegiver x2, Stonewall, Better crit (?), Hit the gaps.

Other options could include dropping ST to 1, and getting bonehead (and possibly man of steel instead of better crits).

So, you use your maximum distance at all times if possible, shooting arms with single shots for support at the extra range given by single fire, and switching to burst when finishing targets or once crippling becomes ineffective. You could even carry an avenger for those close 1hex calls, or a rocket launcher for something different ;).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:02:47 pm by Blarney »

Beer

• View Profile
Re: BG crit burster/sniper
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:34:17 pm »
7 ag? what. why. plz no. anyways, It would be better as 1, 9,10, 1, 1, 9, 9 with bonehead and smallframe if you are building around implants since they can be found in lockers now. (if stat numbers are off a bit its because I just spit this out without using a char planner). For tags bg, sg, ew (but since im not on planner atm idk if you could get enough cc skill in time to get HTG without cc tag) would be best so you can use all guns. perks look okish but i would choose toughness and even tougher over stonewall and better crits so you can survive more than 1-2 shots. HTG maybe but also if you want to not be constantly ko'd/crippled i'd choose MOS. Really this is more of a purely tank crit burster with bozar or lsw/pancor than some burst sniper hybrid like you want though. If you really must crit shoot hands and shit on single shot then drop HTG and get better crits. I wouldnt think of using avenger unless a build has brd+mrd on it at least. To hex use xl70 p90 or gatling.

Arcanix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 07:53:39 pm »
If you want to have lower PE and AG than 10, make sure drugs make up for it. Standard tweking.

7 PE is painful, AG 7 you can live with if you know all the game ins and outs. I mean everything, even the hidden synergy stuff. Intended or not.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:22 am »
7 AG because +cola makes it 8, and +1 ap gun/armor brings it to 10, jet can be used if you fall further as you will be also using psycho.

=11 or 12 AP depending if you have +1ap armor.

Stonewall to stop snipers ruining your ability to close the 5 hexes, and less priority on toughness and even tougher because you outrange most bursters optimally, or they will be bursting at you from max distance, optimally.

Getting armshot will be annoying, but you have 6 st to help hold onto your gun. Plus... Stonewall.... Is like, the best perk, why would you not get it?

Sure you aren't a full tank, but you are tough enough to be able to take shots and stim as per normal.

I would have said bonehead too, but to have 6 st is a real stretch, so getting KOd is a threat to the build as it is, but, you can't expect to be good vs everything right (unless you are a gat tank of course, then you get to ::) )?

If you spot an enemy with a mini or gat, you will probably be shooting for hands until he is low enough to burst (or until you get his arm broken or drop his gun), if you see a sniper, you would probably first target arms, to save having to close 10-15 hexes for a burst.

But yeah you are probably right beer, why try to build something like this when you can just be level 275 with all gun skills maxed?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 02:39:16 pm »
Hey, you asked what people thought and I just gave you my opinion. I think getting 6 st for just stonewall on a sniper like that is kinda bad choice. If you want the 6 st because the build will be low lvl its ok but if you have enough lvls i personally think MOS. you can drop stonewall and get mos+bonehead instead and save those special for other stats and youd be good against snipers ko/weapon drop and only be vulnerable to kd from rockets. and if you are sniping then better crits is a must. definitely more than HTG. And yeah well higher leveled characters are better. but you dont need 275 lvl.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »
Dropping strength to 1 was was on the alternatives, and it does open up a lot more special choices, I would just fear being a non sneak without stonewall personally.

I rate HTG with this build in particular as armshots are low crit chance as it is, and without finesse also, the extra 5% chance from HtG makes a good difference, getting both it and better crits would be for the best, but if having to choose, IDK, the extra crit chance with some crit roll seems more worth, even if it is just 5/5.