May 01, 2024, 11:31:15 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Territory Control  (Read 4138 times)

rightandleft

• Never mind the bollocks here is RightandLeft
    • View Profile
Territory Control
« on: September 23, 2015, 12:52:19 pm »
This is for Turn-based chars only considering that there isn't this type of PVP for them at all, only town control is available for real time players this is to try and even it out

So please don't say oh no terrible idea it will take to long well turn-based PVP players are aware of this so ..... whats your point?

Anyways we have places like bone yard, san fran, necrop, The Khans gave me the idea with the mark your territory on the map.

If we can include encounter maps that will let the fights happen to claim the territory and brake them up into zones on the world map and each zone has encounter map where 2 teams will face each other for the territory, can have a terminal or something there where it will start. max players per team that can enter that territory maybe 8 each once other team is dead the zone will become yours which we be claimed as your territory. player cannot enter zone if died in action

you will get rewards like town control lockers give. bone yard can be split into 2 zones, while san fran and necrop can be one zone.

All the real time pvpers have they game style maybe give something to the players that like to turn-base play? i know you can set flares, radio distresses. this way you can actually claim something and gain from it?

Please feel free to add on
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:11:33 pm by right »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Territory Control
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
Camping Spawns
Time Trolling
Too many players taking hours to finish a fight, giving ample time for a dead team to recover, and send more troops into battle.

It sounds like a good bit of fun, until 20 people get involved. Now I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment set up on one location far out just to test if people do hate this when it comes out or like it enough to keep.
In Maintenance Mode.

rightandleft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:12:46 pm »
So please don't say oh no terrible idea it will take to long well turn-based PVP players are aware of this so ..... whats your point?

max players per team that can enter that territory maybe 8 each once other team is dead the zone will become yours which we be claimed as your territory. player cannot enter zone if died in action

Please read before making statement cheers :) like i stated Turn-based players are aware of it being time consuming.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:21:01 pm by right »

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »
This sounds quite interesting, and as most of the server plays TB it could increase the amount of pvp significantly.

rightandleft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:21:33 pm »
If we can include encounter maps that will let the fights happen to claim the territory

Basically, Team A will spawn on map after using terminal, once Team B use terminal they will also spawn on map in different location, players will find each other first hit sets to turn-based mode, make location where camping is not allowed, if player dies and try's to use terminal it will say location in use please return after battle has ended

The  terminal can be location in gun runners or the town in bone yard , after using terminal will spawn you in the encounter map.

rightandleft

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 01:35:43 pm »
like an arena sort of thing, but after winning bone yard is yours.

Arcanix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:46:07 pm »
Nice idea, i agree with Chris on this.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:33:10 pm »
I agree that it would take quite a bit of ingenuity to do it right, so that it was fun. TB flare traps are a joke as a test of TB combat really.

My thoughts (if it could be done);

Add either a TB hinkley equivalent, or a TB option in hinkley. At least to test the idea.

Add an area (or alter a current area) to be in permanent combat mode and permanent TB, in this area special rules would apply (like if you "time out" too many turns you get skipped, maybe a shorter turn timer, and maybe resneaking could be allowed when out of sight). A reasonably big or multiple layered area would be good, to deter spawn camping etc.

rightandleft

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »
I agree that it would take quite a bit of ingenuity to do it right, so that it was fun. TB flare traps are a joke as a test of TB combat really.

My thoughts (if it could be done);

Add either a TB hinkley equivalent, or a TB option in hinkley. At least to test the idea.

Add an area (or alter a current area) to be in permanent combat mode and permanent TB, in this area special rules would apply (like if you "time out" too many turns you get skipped, maybe a shorter turn timer, and maybe resneaking could be allowed when out of sight). A reasonably big or multiple layered area would be good, to deter spawn camping etc.

Yea of course i agree testing the idea would be good to see how well it works.

I like the idea of being skipped if you time out and the re-sneaking is also a great idea.

There could be like a special map within the boneyard or san fran necrop area where there would be a terminal, the faction choose which one there willing the take and what sqaud they want to take type in names or they all tag him what ever - only a certain amount of players can go in with force due to the fact if its 20 vs 20 it would be highly annoying :D. special maps can be created at random by servers choice.

I agree this could work very well and needs to be tested as you have mentioned, but i feel like Real time pvpers are getting all the fun at the moment when there are different types of PVP out there.

Thank you all for positive feed back

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:04:19 pm »
Well, it would be hard to balance correctly. I think it would need to be like a hinkley match with nobody able to enter the fight to help either team once it starts and member limit for each team. Cant be in necro because that is tc town next session i think. But if tb must be kept i think it would be a good idea to add some kind of endgame like this for tb players. Though id prefer if greater rewards came from rt. Maybe add it like an in between step for those who play mainly tb, and want to get into pvp but arent ready for rt yet. but of course it would take lot of effort from devs to implement this and idk if even someone did all the work if devs want it in the game.

Arcanix

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 05:52:35 pm »
Its a vast game world.

If you like making maps then add some vaults, villages and towns. Make them TB only maps. Need to be canon locations?  I bet we can come up with a handful of names. (The Khans base in F2. Arroyo, Vault 13, Ghost Farm, Master's Army mobile fortress,  TV-Town,  Area 51, The Abbey and (EPA) The Environmental Protection Agency)

EPA map:

Exterior

Interior

I dont have the link to this map as it was cut out from the final version of the game.

I like the "nobody is able to enter the fight to help either team once it starts" idea. Puts pressure on alot of game mechanics, teamplay and leadership skills. For this to work the combat mechanics and damage tables need to be sorted out. If people only bring KO crit toons this will be a disaster.

Lets focus on that first...then the loot system.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:33:16 pm by Arcanix »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »
Would play this stuff, really, it's coo, you can go make a tea and still have an exciting fight.

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 07:01:25 pm »
old influence system from 2238, should be nice in this idea.

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 08:54:47 pm »
This is for Turn-based chars only considering that there isn't this type of PVP for them at all, only town control is available for real time players this is to try and even it out

Anyways we have places like bone yard, san fran, necrop, The Khans gave me the idea with the mark your territory on the map.

If we can include encounter maps that will let the fights happen to claim the territory and brake them up into zones on the world map and each zone has encounter map where 2 teams will face each other for the territory, can have a terminal or something there where it will start. max players per team that can enter that territory maybe 8 each once other team is dead the zone will become yours which we be claimed as your territory. player cannot enter zone if died in action

you will get rewards like town control lockers give. bone yard can be split into 2 zones, while san fran and necrop can be one zone.

All the real time pvpers have they game style maybe give something to the players that like to turn-base play? i know you can set flares, radio distresses. this way you can actually claim something and gain from it?

Are you sure of it?
Anyway it gonna take too long...
2 teams will never give up and will just go sleep.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 11:23:14 pm »
I like the idea.

Important with even teams and no re-entering. I suggest the survivors taking the winning teams gear before exiting as other rewards would be trickier, since non-Khans would rig games.

Random city-maps would also be a good idea, lots of good maps there which would add flavour.

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016