April 29, 2024, 02:53:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reduce critical power of laser rifle  (Read 6723 times)

Arcanix

Re: Reduce critical power of laser rifle
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 03:32:14 am »
I think he mean't this is a multiplayer game so balance is more important.

Wouldnt call FOnline balanced.

Its better than the vanilla F2. Behavior of NPCs on random maps is one thing. Though the scripting of their actions and fine tuning of of the results of those actions sucks monkey balls.

FOnline is a great game with alot of potential. I can respect that the few people playing this want to have it as close to the vanilla game as possible. Everything i say in regards to game related development is an attempt to keep the canon while expand on some cool stuff i know works. Btw, if i didnt believe in any of this i wouldnt suggest anything.

Make maps man....yeah...i wish i could.

I recently visited the Pheonix forum and read the suggestion threads and whatnot...what they are doing is cool but its not F2. Both MMO versions of the F2 game is needed i think. I just hope both games can get the playerbase involved enough in the development to make them shine.

(There was no endgame content in the vanilla F1, Interplay ran out of money. That bomb in that church thing was a desperate move. Atleast they got to detonate a nuke).(With F2 they wanted to flesh out San Fran, The Brotherhood bunkers in NCR and San Fran and Navarro...but they did that Oil Rig with Franky Boi instead).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:59:59 am by Arcanix »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 05:14:27 am »
what i mean with imbalanced endgame is possibility of having op perks and guns in addition to some op SPECIAL if you know what you doing ... endgame in fallout 1 but more in fallout 2 was pretty boring because npcs died like ants ... most enjoyable part were always the beginnings or what was in the middle ...

dude you can be happy that reloaded is working atleast , and like i said its pretty balanced ... i dunno how you would feel if reloaded got original fallout critical table here without ability of taking MoS and Bonehead it would be pretty topkek ...

Arcanix

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 09:03:05 am »
most enjoyable part were always the beginnings or what was in the middle ...

They were well aware of that.

i dunno how you would feel if reloaded got original fallout critical table here without ability of taking MoS and Bonehead it would be pretty topkek ...

Yeah...but its not enough. Some damage output cant be mitigated. Gaps all over. As i said, wouldnt call it balanced but it got potential. Hopefully the playerbase help fix all those imbalances. Alot of people only focus on loot tables...and weapon range.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »
I admit that game is almost perfect balanced, but is still boring cause you should use only few guns, wearing few types of armors and use only one of the few true builds. Otherwise you are screwed, more diversity would be nice.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 06:24:25 pm »
Lets do something about the game being boring then.

To do that you need to treat any and all weapons as unique, in terms of their function. Then as a balancing measure decide a "best at" table for all the weapons in the game. Then tweak the numbers to fit that model.

Should the Sniper Rifle, the XL 70E3, the Laser Rifle, the Pulse Rifle or the Gauss Rifle be the "best at" sniper role. If the Sniper Rifle, what roles does the other ones have. Then, what roles in addition are needed to make this game balanced, interesting and FUN. Do this with all the weapon branches and youve got something.

Interplay fucked up with range and burst modes. Dont make it worse by making everything have the same range. Dont make the mistake theorycrafting a "best gun in game" solution. With that comes VERY few valid builds.