April 29, 2024, 05:58:11 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reduce critical power of laser rifle  (Read 6724 times)

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Reduce critical power of laser rifle
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »
What hurts alot are those KO. Damage itself on range 100 - 150 with that retarded RNG is fair enough.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 06:15:20 am »
Wait, are we just mad that we can't do what a sniper can do with a generic all guns skill tank?

Or is there real general concern for super crits?

Arcanix

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:53 am »
People want a one shot kill all purpose build. No matter the build or weapon of choice.

With around 250-300 max hps cap in Fonline at the moment, this is not that hard to achieve. If the hp cap increases the more crippler knockdown builds there will be.

This game needs more traits and perks. Either for support in builds or as foundation for new builds. Defensive ones...if you cant have those then nerf the knockdown timers, not necessarily the knockdown chance.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 07:40:16 pm »
If the damage tables arent balanced people will roll crit condition builds and bore people to death. K.Oed people everywhere.

For balancing purposes, dont mix base damage range with crit damage range. Crit damage is not the norm its the icing on the cake. If you ask me, crit damage range should have a table ranging from increased damage to conditions and the severity of them. Not both as a norm then use the crit multipliers as an exuse to get the "magic bullet" perfect build.

table is working pretty good in my opinion , and dmg multiplyers arent the same on all the crit strenght rolls ... and relaoded provides you with choosable anti crit strenght roll modifier perks and traits , aswell as bonuses from armors and helmets ... so i see nothing wrong there.

ofcourse you can cry about 150+ dmg from lazerrifles when u received a bypass with some character that wasnt made to counter it or u was unlucky and received that shit while it was having a very low chance but u can also cry about 1 hex insta gibbness ... atleast to me it seems pretty balanced form what i have seen , more disgusting things to me are stuff like implants which provide clear advantages over non implanted chars which arent compensatable...

People want a one shot kill all purpose build. No matter the build or weapon of choice.

With around 250-300 max hps cap in Fonline at the moment, this is not that hard to achieve. If the hp cap increases the more crippler knockdown builds there will be.

This game needs more traits and perks. Either for support in builds or as foundation for new builds. Defensive ones...if you cant have those then nerf the knockdown timers, not necessarily the knockdown chance.

thats not true aswell , most people would still go for the best dps ...

i agree that knokcout penaltys can be harsh , it would be cool to have some mechanic around to counter it ( im not talking about bonehead , mos and the right high special stats to avoid the most rolls ) , i mean u can reduce the chances against you significant with the right build but on the other hand it would be neat to give doctor bags and fa kits some more purposes like maybe giving it some chance to half the value of negative aps of the knocked down person when u use it on him with some high skill for example. could be thought out deeper and better but it would be neat imo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:56:30 pm by FrankenStone »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »
For me crit rolls, tables etc is good and somehow balanced. Don't touch something that works quiet good. For me strange are miniguns used only from 1-2 hexes etc. Place of one hexers should take Close Combat weapons and builds, but I'm afraid it's too late to implement such a big differences to gameplay...
so leave it as it is pls
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 08:43:31 pm »
thats not true aswell , most people would still go for the best dps ...

Once people fully knows the ins and outs of the combat mechanics i doubt that.

The Doc bag, FA kit idea....200 skill in FA with 10 LK has a 20% chance to proc a max heal. So yeah....max Doc skill could add such AP resist buff on knockdown for the duration of that particular combat encounter. leave the FA out of it. Let people choose. make the theorycrafters sweat!

For me strange are miniguns used only from 1-2 hexes etc.

Its because there is a hidden bonus to crit damage, not crit chance, doing that. (Same with F1 and FOT, not just F2). If my memory serves its like 15-20% more damage. 3-4 hexes away its like 5% and 5 hexes and beyond no bonus. It doesnt matter if you have Better Criticals or the BRD perks. Sure you get bigger numbers with those perks.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 08:46:32 pm »
I know how it works, but for me it's still strange, because I don't think it should be so much bullet spread and so much dmg in close range. Anyway it's my feelings, and I'm still okay with this in-game mechanics :)
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »
Mad Matt i have the solution to that....

Rockwell CZ25 .223 military minigun (Van Buren weapon).
Damage:  12 - 24
Att. Modes: Burst
Ap:8
Ammo type  .223 caliber
Ammo cap.  54 (54 seems odd, even it out to 75 or something).
Reduced bullet spread.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »

Its because there is a hidden bonus to crit damage, not crit chance, doing that. (Same with F1 and FOT, not just F2). If my memory serves its like 15-20% more damage. 3-4 hexes away its like 5% and 5 hexes and beyond no bonus. It doesnt matter if you have Better Criticals or the BRD perks. Sure you get bigger numbers with those perks.

:facepalm

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:00 pm »

LOL

Arcanix

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 10:28:20 pm »
more disgusting things to me are stuff like implants which provide clear advantages over non implanted chars which arent compensatable...

Its a canon feature in F2...wouldnt get my hopes up on that one.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 10:46:33 pm »
more disgusting things to me are stuff like implants which provide clear advantages over non implanted chars which arent compensatable...

but fallout is a snigle player game with different mechanics

Arcanix

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 11:04:53 pm »

but fallout is a snigle player game with different mechanics

Not entirely.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 02:28:35 am »
I think he mean't this is a multiplayer game so balance is more important.
In Maintenance Mode.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 03:00:17 am »
btw the endgame from vanilla fallout games is heavily imbalanced ...