April 28, 2024, 11:54:43 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reduce critical power of laser rifle  (Read 6722 times)

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Reduce critical power of laser rifle
« on: September 22, 2015, 07:09:41 am »
 Getting critted in the eyes for 159+ is no fun. This is why people take Tesla helmets 24/7 and if they don't, they'll just die to a big critical by a laser rifle.

"But bonehead!!!" Nope you'll still get a big fat critical to the face.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
Re: Reduce critical power of laser rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:26:42 am »
Has got nothing to do with crit power,its laser resist on your (my guess would be CA) helmet. As you said atm you can put on a tesla helmet. Last time i tried metal masks worked too.

zinthos

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:34:42 am »
yeah u can use tesla, btw u only get this high damage on bypass i think. average crit on ca helmet is like 80-100

aaaaaaaand you can show your back to snipers so they wont hit your eyes
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:48:24 pm by zinthos »

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:28:29 am »
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:07:12 am »
I can understand what you are saying to some degree, but a .223 pistol is capable of dealing 140 damage eye crits which usually knockout and blind an opponent too.

I think this falls under the same category as me finding tesla helms OP and there are 3 factors that all effect eachother when considering this.

1. Critical bypasses are extremely strong, because they only occur along with the highest damage multiplier of a crit and because they reduce armor values by 100%, sure they are rare, but they are crazy strong, there is no denying.

2. Energy weapons in general deal much more damage than SG in regards to single shots and as such the bypass crits deal monumental damage (alien blaster bypass crit can deal 230 damage).

3. This seems to be because tesla helmets are so easily available, I.E. the 223 pistol and sniper rifle do far less damage, but no armor in the game can fully shut them down. Tesla plain shuts down EW aside from bypass crits and because of this, EW damage is generally just higher.

My thoughts are, nerf back teslas resistances a bit, nerf back EW damage a bit at the same time, and alter bypasses to only penetrate 50% of armor values.

That would stop eye crits that KO, blind, bypass and deal 230 damage, while also stopping EW crits vs telsa doing 10 damage.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:32:15 pm by Blarney »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:04 am »
-1 Lasers are good as it is, don't nerf snipers and riflemen builds more...
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 04:16:15 pm »
160 Critical damage isn't that much when you consider that a critical burst does 400+ damage.
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »
Getting critted in the eyes for 159+ is no fun. This is why people take Tesla helmets 24/7 and if they don't, they'll just die to a big critical by a laser rifle.

A tesla helmet and speedos, its the wasteland man. Spit shine those boots and clean your gun!

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:08:55 pm »
160 Critical damage isn't that much when you consider that a critical burst does 400+ damage.

Except that you cannot really avoid burst, you can still avoid hit in the eyes, just turn around your char....but anyway you are right, bursts deal much more dmg.
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »
What's the issue is long range instagib. It should be nerfed in way of lowering bypass / KO chance on longer distances. Like up to distance of basic plasma rifle / .223 (They're same range) it should be original high but later it should lower with each hex making it not such a death dealer during non-tesla dependent pvp actions.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 07:17:34 pm »
Yes, kick the sniper builds even more...right in your face -.-
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24:04 pm »
Bursts require closer range but do more damage, and instagib.
Snipers do moderate damage like 50-120 but have the chance to stun or knockdown an enemy

Seems rather balanced to me.

Snipers generally have lower HP, and in a close fight they usually lose.

If a person doesn't want to be sniped just don't run into open areas. Dying to a camper ain't the camper's fault.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 08:47:59 pm »
Bursts do far less dmg on crit than snipers do because bursts usually dont bypass. The only time burst does more dmg on crit is at 1hex or if they are using tesla against avenger or something. ive been crit through tesla helmet by plasma for insane dmg. people saying snipers dont do dmg have no idea what they are talking about. or they arent talking about energy snipers. normal snipers do good but not insane dmg and cause ko/kd/cripple. So currently energy sniper is flip a coin, if heads your shot does 3 dmg vs tesla. if tails you bypass for 150+ ko and blind. so tesla is only way to stand a chance. but this is very old discussion, that has happened many times before. the fix was new crit table which was given but apparently fonline cant do 2 rolls at the same time or something so the new crit table would be hard to put in. cant just decrease crit power because without crits snipers are nothing so it has to be good solution thats easy to implement.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:55:34 pm by Beer »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 11:23:00 pm »
Snipers do moderate damage like 50-120 but have the chance to stun or knockdown an enemy

Its more like 10-120 (for SG sniper) or 1-160 (for ew sniper), the ranges are too extreme IMO, which is half the issue. Alien blaster is the best example of this, with a range of 1-230 damage. I think bursters quickly forget that snipers have the capability to deal 10 damage at a cost of 5 or 6 AP too, bursters generally have much more standard damage values.

Bursts do far less dmg on crit than snipers do because bursts usually dont bypass.

So currently energy sniper is flip a coin, if heads your shot does 3 dmg vs tesla. if tails you bypass for 150+ ko and blind.

LSW burst crits can get up there too, even at full range.

Energy vs tesla, even on eyes is more like a dice roll, with a 6 being bypass and 1-5 being deal less than 15 damage, bypasses aren't reliable enough to be your only way to deal damage, but when they occur with EW the damage is always massive (compared to SG), so that damage potential is a measure of the guns value.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:34:25 pm by Blarney »

Arcanix

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 12:48:13 am »
If the damage tables arent balanced people will roll crit condition builds and bore people to death. K.Oed people everywhere.

For balancing purposes, dont mix base damage range with crit damage range. Crit damage is not the norm its the icing on the cake. If you ask me, crit damage range should have a table ranging from increased damage to conditions and the severity of them. Not both as a norm then use the crit multipliers as an exuse to get the "magic bullet" perfect build.