April 16, 2024, 11:08:14 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: PVP solution  (Read 10250 times)

zinthos

Re: PVP solution
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 07:05:57 pm »
sadly even reno was empty for like 1 or 2 weeks before wipe IIRC. this reset did nothing unexpected i think, but im sure if they didnt move reno locker it still made a difference. if not for loot, then for tradition - it would had some interest.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 10:31:44 pm »
Good post Napalm, I like the idea of having rare items spawning in merchants. This can revive some towns and increase the activity there, like Necropolis. Neat idea!

I dont understand y there is such opposition to the Reno locker. Perhaps make rares extremely RARE, with low chance of spawning. But the chance to get something good will lure players to this area, and increase pvp and once again make this a viable location where players can compete. Reno is where I had a lot of fun previous session and many others share this feeling....

I also sometimes go to the Reno locker in sewers to see if any players are there and am curious as to what items spawn there, but every time I loot that box, I get a little Jesus, every single time. hahahahah. OMG. Maybe little jesus is meant for me..... :P

RE: Beer.
Hey man, I hear what u r saying but where does that leave us for now. I never supported the 'pre' wipe and would have happily waited for the REAL one. But for now, our only option is to wait? :( :( :(

PEace wastelanders.
Yep, for now you either play the game as it is, move to another server, or take a fonline break. For me reloaded will always be my favorite server but I rarely play now, just patiently waiting for wipe and sticking around forums to stay up to date.

And yeah matt me as well.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 10:19:38 am »
Reno, Reno will not change it.

1. Remove Hinkley.
2. Remove workbenches from tents, safehouses and bases.
3. Bring back TC windows.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:23:03 am by worldremaker »

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 10:43:38 am »

1. Remove Hinkley.

+1
Hinkley should be closed and should be made as autoavent, which will active from time to time and script should type on radio zero 0 or on global chat about active arena.

There should be 2 types of game inside arena: FFA and teammatch.
For killing players - experiance,
for winning everything - random awards.
It should kick out hinkley campers to wasteland and make hinkley somehing special.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 11:39:24 am »

1. Remove Hinkley.

+1 with Hinkley, just dont get it with Workbenches. It will be still crafted in guarded towns...so whats the difference ?
GUN FOR HIRE

Dank Anel

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:00 am »
Maybe it will move people from caves to towns :P

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 11:54:24 am »
Only to guarded one's  :P
So you will can chitchat only like in Hub, or even less cause everyone will come in only to craft and go. And you have workbenches in private mines too :P
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 11:58:47 am »
I think instead of remove hinkley it can change to paid. Wanna practice pvp with no risk? Pay caps. It it does not work then disable hinkley.

-1 for remove workbenches from tents and bases. It is fine guys really. Adganced workbenches should stay in towns.

I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 12:01:15 pm »
Thats what Im saying, it wont change anything. Only more grind and time consuming for crafters
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »
People are just burned out of reloaded...I mean like the official wipe hasn't happened yet and playing the same game with no changes for almost 2+ years is .....boring.

1. Remove Hinkley.
How exactly will removing workbenches from safehouses and bases bring PvP? Last I checked you can't craft XLs, Pancors, or combat armor in your base.

And remove hinkley? lol, people will just idle hub or go off. Also Hinkley is what makes reloaded unique.

TC windows would be awesome... UV won't be able to take towns when 80% of the server is off.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:50:49 pm by Yuno-Gasai »
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 07:25:22 pm »

1. Remove Hinkley.
Go Fo2, there is everything u want - there are no workbenches in bases, there are windows and there is no hinkley (BTW I don't know how hinkley is ruining pvp XD).
Kilgore is not stupid to destroy it's own server bcuz apes cry, pvp scroched ur brains so much that you want the opposite of fun - example player is Dark Angel (no flame), who cries on reloaded teamspeak that enemy got xx more ppl, but when he got more it's fun, and didn't realise that PvP on random places/TC wasn't fair after playing this game for over 5 years, PvP scorched and emptied ur brains so much that you PvP apes write such bullshit on forums, I hope Kilgore just adds ppl who write such bollocks to the special ignore list, because it's just making whore from logic.

It was said that TC will get reworked, dunno why ppl put suggestions comming out of their asses along with the shit they make on toilet, stop posting such bollocks.
Excuse me for usage of such strong words but amount of bullshit on suggestions about TC/PvP is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:52:00 pm by Ion Cannon »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 10:26:31 am »
By removing Hinkley even the beginners PvP players will team-up and come to the towns and dungeons for fights. In Hinkley you can't work over the compisition, strategy and the other issues because each location on the worldmap requiments different teamworks.
This is also teamplay game even if it have "for solo players" in main description. As solo player you can make some barter (with NPC) or take some craft job without any real destination point. That's why workbenches should be removed from tents, safehouses and bases. If you are scared to go to public locations and build some interpersonal relations it's your problem and MMO is not for you. With it you can run even Fallout 2 game, go to the New reno Arms underground and upgrade most weapons what you have, alone without any other players and anyone will not see you in the game.

Who cares about these players who don't want to play with others in MMO? The count of the actual players online aren't the most important and it can be even smaller, but this changes can bring some PvP.

Why Hinkley is good enough for some players? Because they don't need care about their own stuff, and there is one strategy - the rush.
Why own workbenches are good for some players? Because they can there craft some useless stuff in big ammount.

Everybody in this topic wanted PvP solution and keep FO:R alive. I gave them but all what I see here it's only crying about losing some stuff.

Even like Kilgore said - most of players are kind of PvE players. Then why these implants are as reward in PvP arena? Because no matter what Kilgore on some other guy will say the main point of this server is PvP. Town Control system, own factions, unguarded areas aren't PvE.

Now it's time for solution about unbalanced PvP by numbers:
There is no need to split the actual big teams. There is no need to hold their parts away from battle (for ex 5vs5 only). The solution is simple - the smaller team is buffed.
If for example we are taking the town in three players and we are attacked by bigger group than us then:
- each character from smaller team gain 10 maxHP per each additionally charater in opposite side,
- each character from smaller team gain 1% of any type of damage resistance per each additionally charater in opposite side,
- each character from smaller team gain 1 action point per three additionally charaters in opposite side.

It can be applied on any location without noPvP flag. And everyone with it can forget about swarms, not equal numbers at PvP etc.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:42:51 am by worldremaker »

Dank Anel

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 10:47:15 am »
Delete hotkeys, autoaims, autostimpaks, autoreload, so easy implats to get and lets see is good  ::)

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:48 am »
WAT?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 10:57:45 am »
Because no matter what Kilgore on some other guy will say the main point of this server for me is PvP.

I fixed that for you.
This thread is getting more and more ridiculous, it looks like some pro pvp players simply can't understand written word, and I'm not going to explain same things over and over again because it's like talking to the wall.

Lemme move it where it belongs (sorry Napalm!).