April 25, 2024, 07:09:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: PVP solution  (Read 10263 times)

Napalm

• View Profile
PVP solution
« on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:24 am »
There are many options for PvP. But none of these options are currently feasible.

An interesting wasteland is to that where there is competition for resources and the struggle for survival in terms of fight. This wasteland existed before when:

1) Resources for crafting items were obtained ONLY in public mines. The players were practically forced to do this work. There was constant dispute in these places.

not the best example...but...

2) Obtain level successfully, just killing NPC in the wasteland.

3) There was more competition for caps and negotiations, so many people going to Reno. And many people tried to control there.

People criticize the suggestion of adding locker in Reno. But unfortunately that's the only way to reactivate the real PvP. I suggested before the balanced PvP, but I was criticized and no one showed interest.

One solution could be to spawn special items not in locker, but in the trader NPC, with high value. Maybe implants and something else. This solution could also be applied to ghost towns as Necropolis too.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: PVP solution
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:39:15 pm »
All in all not that bad solutions, I would rather left guarder mines still but with lower rate of spawning resources and high in unguarded. Otherwise only strong factions will own tons of resources (if we delete guarded mines at all).

New Reno locker would be nice idea with high PvP activity but...make T-Rex garage non-pvp and add drugs BPs somewhere else too...Renesco will be too dangerous :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:46:26 pm »
To remains clear, I like this server. Many upgrades have been important and have left the game more comfortable. I think reloaded has great potential but is being underutilized. I am of course speaking in terms of PvP. Looks like Disneyland than Wasteland.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 01:11:00 pm »
Sometimes I have same toughts :D
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:24 pm »
make T-Rex garage non-pvp and add drugs BPs somewhere else too...Renesco will be too dangerous :D

What you think instead of no pvp leave it as it is but add somewhere additional place with guards no pvp but the prices for cars are 50%/100% higher. No risk to be pwned for loners and noobs like me.

Locker, locker, locker, FONLINE LOCKER EDITION. Meh.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Arcanix

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 01:26:38 pm »
How about adding a 5-10 second invulnerability spawn timer. That way the one spawning doesnt get insta killed. Insta killed at spawn is no real PvP. (The one spawning cant attck while this timer is ticking).

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »
How about adding a 5-10 second invulnerability spawn timer. That way the one spawning doesnt get insta killed. Insta killed at spawn is no real PvP. (The one spawning cant attck while this timer is ticking).

It was in 2238, sucking cocks as I remember.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:18 pm »
There are many options for PvP. But none of these options are currently feasible.
1) Resources for crafting items were obtained ONLY in public mines. The players were practically forced to do this work. There was constant dispute in these places.
I remember good times in Gecko/Broken/Redding mines both as newbie and part of APK gang later on. I would love to see private mines gone and public ones get more love. First idea would be to add some sort of reward for pvp players for protecting such mine from other pvp players for those who would like to mine in peace. I'm sure old players remember WWP and BHH projects, mines and protecting them played a big role there.
:facepalm

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 02:13:15 pm »
make T-Rex garage non-pvp and add drugs BPs somewhere else too...Renesco will be too dangerous :D

What you think instead of no pvp leave it as it is but add somewhere additional place with guards no pvp but the prices for cars are 50%/100% higher. No risk to be pwned for loners and noobs like me.

Locker, locker, locker, FONLINE LOCKER EDITION. Meh.

I'm not against pvp or being killed while shopping...but I know when Reno was PvP active it was quiet easy to be killed on spawn...
No matter which spawn you choose, now add to this caps for car and loosing it 4/5 times...and you have a real tragedy :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »
To discourage getting killed on spawn new entrances could always be added, say in the sewers etc.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 03:48:32 pm »
If someone has enough guys under command, he will still could put "guards" everywhere. More spawn points in New Reno aren't needed :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »
Well that commander still needs to put at least 1 man watching each entrance, some might need 2, which would mean splitting forces and generally reducing the ability to "camp" all entrances at the same time.

Being that it is not a TC town, having many entrances and exits I'd think would be a good thing, the only downside I can see is people abusing the exit grids (but they have the option to do that already).

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »
It doesnt matter how many hundreds of times people make thread asking for magic locker/magic t4 loot spawns back. If kilgore doesnt want to make it he wont, and hes made it very clear he doesnt want it. He has said in other threads hes got some ideas for better, more fun, more balanced pvp next session.

We all knew this wasnt a real wipe it was just for a few things to be tested and because people always were crying for a wipe. If you dont like pvp now just wait for the real wipe whenever it gets done. I just hope this teaches people not to cry for wipes with very little new content to be put in them and shows them its a bad idea. I for one am excited to see what ideas kilgore had for changing pvp next session though so I will wait til then.

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 06:30:25 pm »
Good post Napalm, I like the idea of having rare items spawning in merchants. This can revive some towns and increase the activity there, like Necropolis. Neat idea!

I dont understand y there is such opposition to the Reno locker. Perhaps make rares extremely RARE, with low chance of spawning. But the chance to get something good will lure players to this area, and increase pvp and once again make this a viable location where players can compete. Reno is where I had a lot of fun previous session and many others share this feeling....

I also sometimes go to the Reno locker in sewers to see if any players are there and am curious as to what items spawn there, but every time I loot that box, I get a little Jesus, every single time. hahahahah. OMG. Maybe little jesus is meant for me..... :P

RE: Beer.
Hey man, I hear what u r saying but where does that leave us for now. I never supported the 'pre' wipe and would have happily waited for the REAL one. But for now, our only option is to wait? :( :( :(

PEace wastelanders.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 06:33:57 pm »
It doesnt matter how many hundreds of times people make thread asking for magic locker/magic t4 loot spawns back. If kilgore doesnt want to make it he wont, and hes made it very clear he doesnt want it. He has said in other threads hes got some ideas for better, more fun, more balanced pvp next session.

We all knew this wasnt a real wipe it was just for a few things to be tested and because people always were crying for a wipe. If you dont like pvp now just wait for the real wipe whenever it gets done. I just hope this teaches people not to cry for wipes with very little new content to be put in them and shows them its a bad idea. I for one am excited to see what ideas kilgore had for changing pvp next session though so I will wait til then.

That's why I was against this wipe...
GUN FOR HIRE